Nov 29th Balance Changes at DT.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Nov 29th Balance Changes at DT.

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:06 pm

killa wrote:
Folder wrote:Nah I'm good I know how things work. I'm talking about new players man, we need to take them into consideration. If you spend time in the help channel you'll realize we have some and they have ZERO idea how things work, this is not a newbie friendly game.

It was pretty straight forward to me. All the info is in the forums at this time, at first it was a bit vague but now that everyones asked all the questions and made all the threads, a simple browse of the forum is sufficient information for making a character. Letting new players know that there are forums for their questions is what needs to happen. Maybe when you type /help put at the bottom "Any other questions please refer to the forums" or something

I wouldn't mind people adding to /help about information too. Things like being able to SHIFT click things to do different things like depositing all.

hinthint

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:26 pm

Aww I know I should add more help files.

Killa I'm glad it was so easy for you but it's not for everyone. I'm thinking longterm health of the game and want to see us retain players as much as possible.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:14 pm

killa wrote:
Folder wrote:Nah I'm good I know how things work. I'm talking about new players man, we need to take them into consideration. If you spend time in the help channel you'll realize we have some and they have ZERO idea how things work, this is not a newbie friendly game.

It was pretty straight forward to me. All the info is in the forums at this time, at first it was a bit vague but now that everyones asked all the questions and made all the threads, a simple browse of the forum is sufficient information for making a character. Letting new players know that there are forums for their questions is what needs to happen. Maybe when you type /help put at the bottom "Any other questions please refer to the forums" or something

not everyone looks at the forums. Players that never played rok are even at a higher disadvantage since not all games stats work like ours. Ive def seen noobs roll some bad stats i dont what to tell them to redo it and scare them off but im sure we can come up with a system. Honestly ive been pretty close to the system and i dont even know whats "right/best" so im not sure how anyone else could fully.

I wouldnt mind seeing a 8 and below free stat change after that it scales for you losing more and more exp the higher level you are. I think this should only be allowed once though and have restrictions as the same class and maybe even race? otherwise you will see people leveling an easy class then rerolling it to another. Also we dont want people just creating a character then reseting everytime they want something diff instead of actually having to play the game as a lowbie again at some point.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Lateralus wrote:
killa wrote:

not everyone looks at the forums. Players that never played rok are even at a higher disadvantage since not all games stats work like ours. Ive def seen noobs roll some bad stats i dont what to tell them to redo it and scare them off but im sure we can come up with a system. Honestly ive been pretty close to the system and i dont even know whats "right/best" so im not sure how anyone else could fully.

I wouldnt mind seeing a 8 and below free stat change after that it scales for you losing more and more exp the higher level you are. I think this should only be allowed once though and have restrictions as the same class and maybe even race? otherwise you will see people leveling an easy class then rerolling it to another. Also we dont want people just creating a character then reseting everytime they want something diff instead of actually having to play the game as a lowbie again at some point.

I know what I am planning now anyways. You are correct, it will only be able yo change stats, not your race or class. That would be a terrible idea now that I think about it.

It's going to be a stat reallocation button but it'll involve keeping your gear. It pretty much is what Folder talked about, except you sacrifice some EXP to do it. You don't delete or anything, that part is a hassle anyways. I can probably do a system like that pretty quick.

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:52 pm

I hope it will recalculate charisma bonus for hp and MP :D

Kismet

Postby Kismet » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:24 pm

What did you do to aid... *cries*

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:07 pm

FrostSlayer wrote:I hope it will recalculate charisma bonus for hp and MP :D

You'll most likely sit at level 1 and have to relevel because of this.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Yes you'd have to relevel for sure.

Heals were nerfed pretty hard but worry not, if it's too much we can balance them back.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Folder wrote:Yes you'd have to relevel for sure.

Heals were nerfed pretty hard but worry not, if it's too much we can balance them back.

Yeah this. ^^ I don't think they are that terrible still. with 22int its probabaly still going to heal for around 1000 per round. Obviously this doesn't mean thats how much they will tank, they could tank alot more.

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Sweet! Any ETA on this boss man?

Return to “Archive Chat”