New Town

Cerebrus

Re: New Town

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm

cadabra wrote:Only problem i have with the new content is obtaining the Gems.

I would rather see them spawn alot more often and drop less than 1 person getting lucky every 3 hours.

Just a pain in the arse. Atm, it's too much of a grind to even enter the OAD area let alone the grind inside.

I mean does everyone really expect a wide open door to enter the oad area? lol It's meant to be a task to gain access to the place, once you complete that task you're good and don't have to do it again on that character as Folder said.

It was meant to be a bottleneck to slow people down, get them out exploring in other parts of the world, interacting with other players, fighting over orishium deposits.

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Cerebrus wrote:
cadabra wrote:Only problem i have with the new content is obtaining the Gems.

I would rather see them spawn alot more often and drop less than 1 person getting lucky every 3 hours.

Just a pain in the arse. Atm, it's too much of a grind to even enter the OAD area let alone the grind inside.

I mean does everyone really expect a wide open door to enter the oad area? lol It's meant to be a task to gain access to the place, once you complete that task you're good and don't have to do it again on that character as Folder said.

It was meant to be a bottleneck to slow people down, get them out exploring in other parts of the world, interacting with other players, fighting over orishium deposits.

That's pretty much exactly how it was designed, you're right Cere. Like Folder said, the Gems are a one time thing too. So get off your butt, get a group together, and go kill the people who are camping the gems. If you can't get a group together, start making friends.

As a side note: We're aware that the necklace from dreadlands, and the ring for the refinery can't be equipped together. I'm going to talk to NH today about it. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

I'm completely open to feedback on the Refinery area(my design mostly) and Caverns(I dont think anyone made it here yet ;) ), and the quests in the town, so please, PM me, page me in game, send me a telegram. I don't want it to not be fun, but it's not supposed to be easy either, nor is it supposed to take 20 minutes to finish. I've been watching closely, taking notes, and have already made some changes yesterday, and I am listening closely to the people who have already paged me to talk about it.

I will say this: You guys are missing some stuff as it is. ;)

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 pm

are you aware that the ring cant be equipped to enter the area? i want my 5 potions :evil:
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Terron wrote:are you aware that the ring cant be equipped to enter the area? i want my 5 potions :evil:

That's pretty much exactly how it was designed, you're right Cere. Like Folder said, the Gems are a one time thing too. So get off your butt, get a group together, and go kill the people who are camping the gems. If you can't get a group together, start making friends.

As a side note: We're aware that the necklace from dreadlands, and the ring for the refinery can't be equipped together. I'm going to talk to NH today about it. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

I'm completely open to feedback on the Refinery area(my design mostly) and Caverns(I dont think anyone made it here yet ;) ), and the quests in the town, so please, PM me, page me in game, send me a telegram. I don't want it to not be fun, but it's not supposed to be easy either, nor is it supposed to take 20 minutes to finish. I've been watching closely, taking notes, and have already made some changes yesterday, and I am listening closely to the people who have already paged me to talk about it.

It's getting fixed right now, but thanks for pointing it out.

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Metzger wrote:
Terron wrote:are you aware that the ring cant be equipped to enter the area? i want my 5 potions :evil:

It's getting fixed right now, but thanks for pointing it out.

Fixed now, but note this:

*System Broadcast from NiteHawk: You need to re-equip for it to work.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Just complain is its so tight it's hard to tell where your going. If the water ways were done with a down in to water it would clear up some space so easier to move.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:40 am

Styx wrote:Just complain is its so tight it's hard to tell where your going. If the water ways were done with a down in to water it would clear up some space so easier to move.

How would you explain the down in the water? You're in a canoe, are you jumping out and going underwater?

If a slayer wants to move on the water, they should have a canoe.

As for your complaint that the grassland is tight and hard to know where you're going, I think everyone has been spoiled and use to the big open map of the graveyard.

For future reference, area's will not always be laid out in big open free moving layouts.

This was designed with twists and turns, pathways through the tall grass, with nooks and crannies for leveling, places to trip people up and possibly be pk'd.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:28 am

Cerebrus wrote:If a slayer wants to move on the water, they should have a canoe.

Trying to picture a slayer in a canoe sneaking up and backstabbing someone.... :lol:
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:53 am

Trying to picture a slayer in a canoe sneaking up and backstabbing someone.... :lol:

i dunno but that would put an epic spin on collegiate rowing competitions. might even get tv air time.

prolly on csi or law and order haha

the commentary:
"Team Yale came in last place, they were assassinated by Harvard's slayer" "yeah Brent, he's a beast"
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Terron wrote:

i dunno but that would put an epic spin on collegiate rowing competitions. might even get tv air time.

prolly on csi or law and order haha

the commentary:
"Team Yale came in last place, they were assassinated by Harvard's slayer" "yeah Brent, he's a beast"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Archive Chat”