EXP Rates

Metzger

Re: EXP Rates

Postby Metzger » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:45 pm

I am of the opinion that leveling rates, experience and all of the above is just fine as is.

The only thing I would say is ensure there are more quests. I think there should be enough quests to get to 25 solo, maybe a bit more even to account for some party leveling.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Metzger wrote:I am of the opinion that leveling rates, experience and all of the above is just fine as is.

The only thing I would say is ensure there are more quests. I think there should be enough quests to get to 25 solo, maybe a bit more even to account for some party leveling.

Disagree with quests being the sole purpose of getting to 25 though. I understand we need a good deal more quests though, fully agree there.

I would be cool with level 23+ or even level 24 quests and all that.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Giving thieves the ability to dual wield for more damage would be interesting, or perhaps give them the ability to use bows like rangers can. Instead of a backstab with a dagger, they would get a sneak attack, possibly with a lower modifier to make up for the difference in damage. This would also serve the purpose to further differentiate thieves and assassins.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:48 pm

The best way to do the "grind" being hard at higher levels is to adjust the area of differnce between them. It seems like getting to 20 isnt to horrible but then you hit 20 and its like hitting a wall. How about spreading out the levels and needed exp. Remove 100mill exp from ALL classes then gap out the levels a bit more so instead of feeling ike you have to do all the exp you just did from 1-24 just for 24-25 make it more reasonable. 1-8 can be left alone after 8 make 9-15 gap a bit more making them take a lil more exp per level to gain. same with 15-20 and 20-25. That would also give the builders more reason to add more mid tier items in game. This is a MUD so end game is going to be fairly normal i mean ya we can come up with some ideas but end game is mostly just kill bosses and PK and wait for events. Make the level gap for leveling together larger with less of a reduction so say a 13 is with a 20 they dont get such a nerf to there exp. Give better buffs for partys pushing players to be in partys more since this is a party game. Maybe something like +5% drop rate and gold rate bonus for each player added to the party. And yes i know knocking 100mill exp from every class makes the leveling faster but at the same time it keeps ppl from getting bored as well as allowing us to move to the next class we want to play. Most of the full time players atm are playing around 12-16 hours a day and thats an absurd amount of gaming time. I get this isnt ment to be casual but we cant be expected to put 70-80 hours into one character ether. The reason the long grind worked on rok was cause we had alts and could level multiple characters at the same time. Here we cant, meaning we need to have more fun with it. As for quests some of them are fun and some are just an annoyance having to grind out 30-50 of the same item is just ridiculous. Instead of making it that way just give us longer quest lines with better rewards.

As for drops on monsters i feel every monster in game should drop multiple items (not at the same time enless it rolls that way) but say a bandit has a chance to drop his chest armour and weapon, Or a panther has a chance to drop his claws or pelt (none of which have to be high drop rates) but give them more items so we have more items in game. Options are always fun so the more there are the more fun ppl will have. Some classes have very slim pickings when it comes to gearing and some dont even have lvl 25 gear yet (i understand that the game is new and more area's are being put out but we can still alter whats already in game and make it a lot more fun while we wait (it would take maybe a week to create multiple items for every monster in game thus far). We need more shop items (all shop items should come SBed) I beleave every town should have a vendor for level items and instead of just lvl 8, lvl 15, lvl 20, and lvl 25 we could do lvl 5, 8, 12, 15, 18, 20, 23, 25 giving us more range and a lil more fun gearing as we level up along with helping us level.

On that note i think HP values of races ether need to be upped or the dmg values for the monsters need to be nerfed again. Having go threw a stack of pots per monster is just crazy and to tell us to eat food between fights fine lets eat a lil food but not after every fight that makes the grind even longer. No body likes to have to wait 10secs to eat then wait for the food to be done by that time you have wasted 20secs or so which might not seem like much but when you add that up after every few fights or even after every fight that starts realy adding up and gets boring. The point of a game is NOT to be boring. No one wants to feel like they are smashing there head into a wall.

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:54 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Metzger wrote:I am of the opinion that leveling rates, experience and all of the above is just fine as is.

Disagree with quests being the sole purpose of getting to 25 though. I understand we need a good deal more quests though, fully agree there.

I would be cool with level 23+ or even level 24 quests and all that.

So I'm not saying quests should be the only way to get to level 25, I'm just saying that there should be quests all the way through 25. Even if half of them are kill 25 of X monster quests. It at least gives you something to work towards. I find that helps a lot towards my motivation to get to 25.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:58 pm

Satsujin wrote:Giving thieves the ability to dual wield for more damage would be interesting, or perhaps give them the ability to use bows like rangers can. Instead of a backstab with a dagger, they would get a sneak attack, possibly with a lower modifier to make up for the difference in damage. This would also serve the purpose to further differentiate thieves and assassins.

That's actually a cool idea.

Would it be called backstabbing though. I mean, it is, but backstabbing with an arrow i guess. In turn would be 10% more damage.

---

I agree about those 50+ item quests. They should be split up into two quests that give different stuff. I get he doubled the EXP on them but it feels boring to have to do it for that long. It's nice to take a break and get some EXP through the quest system, so it feels like they progress rather than killing the same mob for too long.

I'm not sure 100mil is the amount we should remove though, but I do agree we can do with a some, specially due to the alt thing. I'd be fine with more dropped items as long as they follow the guidelines we have setup, and also with having more specific level locks would be okay too. I don't think 'all' mobs need gear but I do agree we do need some more for certain classes.

I do disagree with food, I don't think it's that bad. Might be less of a pain if the EXP was reduced. But that's how you save money, yeah. I can understand not doing it for a low amount of HP and using a pot though. I kind of thing mob damage is OK though.

--

Yeah met I get you, the idea there would be having level 24 quests locked stuff all around to try to help that along.

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:02 pm

I can agree that if we drop the exp needed for the massive grind that the food wouldnt be such a big problem but could we at least reduce the cooldown on it between fights by like 15-20%? that meeter is like waiting for a borito in the microwave when your realy stoned lol

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:05 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Satsujin wrote:Giving thieves the ability to dual wield for more damage would be interesting, or perhaps give them the ability to use bows like rangers can. Instead of a backstab with a dagger, they would get a sneak attack, possibly with a lower modifier to make up for the difference in damage. This would also serve the purpose to further differentiate thieves and assassins.

That's actually a cool idea.

Would it be called backstabbing though. I mean, it is, but backstabbing with an arrow i guess. In turn would be 10% more damage.

Nah. Instead of calling it a backstab, call it a sneak attack (as in, "Mahariel launches a sneak attack against a daeva of storm with his bone bow!"), which is what they call them in tabletop games most of the time.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Scytso wrote:I can agree that if we drop the exp needed for the massive grind that the food wouldnt be such a big problem but could we at least reduce the cooldown on it between fights by like 15-20%? that meeter is like waiting for a borito in the microwave when your realy stoned lol

The problem with the cooldown is risky thing.

The issue is in PVP though. Having a super fast timer would mean a slayer could go hide 5 sec, and jump back in the game fully healed, it would be a problem in that regard.

I might think something up for this, maybe differate PVE vs PVP.

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Scytso wrote:I can agree that if we drop the exp needed for the massive grind that the food wouldnt be such a big problem but could we at least reduce the cooldown on it between fights by like 15-20%? that meeter is like waiting for a borito in the microwave when your realy stoned lol

I agree, i never use food at all because of the insanely lengthy cooldown on it. it also makes sb/chants a bitch. i act like i dont see clannies asking for them 90% of the time because of it...
HomeGrown

Return to “Archive Chat”