EXP Rates

NiteHawk
Site Admin

EXP Rates

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 am

Code: Select all

Simply put, some people feel that there should be more EXP, others say it is OK. This is to do with monster EXP rates.

The game is meant to take awhile. You aren't supposed to be able to level in a day. I wouldn't call the game 'casual' either. I'm interested to know peoples takes on it so far, how much EXP they get per hour, and things like that. I could see going a maximum of 10% more right now, but not sure. Even 5% is something.

Or you could simply just vote, so eh.

EDIT: Class EXP rates are easier to adjust, let's do that instead. Look below.

Thi

Re: EXP Rates

Postby Thi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:21 am

Well, honestly at this point EXP becomes an issue because the only way to gain it from 23-25 is by grinding, which is tedious and exhausting, you might wanna think a bit more into events rewarding exp for lower lvls or maybe more quest chains, but then again, if the quest chain is somewhat similar to dreadlands, which is: "kill x monsters, get x items, kill x monsters" you're back to the same old grinding, we need a bit more complex quests or quest lines, like make NPCs have optional story lines randomized, make areas interact with each other, make mini bosses more meaningful, maybe drop mini quest scrolls or items that start a quest, etc.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:23 am

Thi wrote:Well, honestly at this point EXP becomes an issue because the only way to gain it from 23-25 is by grinding, which is tedious and exhausting, you might wanna think a bit more into events rewarding exp for lower lvls or maybe more quest chains, but then again, if the quest chain is somewhat similar to dreadlands, which is: "kill x monsters, get x items, kill x monsters" you're back to the same old grinding, we need a bit more complex quests or quest lines, like make NPCs have optional story lines randomized, make areas interact with each other, make mini bosses more meaningful, maybe drop mini quest scrolls or items that start a quest, etc.

We will have more quests going but it is a bit of a grind. I don't think it should be a full outright 'do these quests to get to level 25', but I understand it's more of a grind then it should. Part of the reason is we only have one area that gives quests at high levels, and the other reason is we don't have enough content yet so its less boring/have more quests to actually add.

About quests being more complex, it's in the works, but it's a rather longer process. It's possibly though scripting to a certain point.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:35 am

The grind is a bit long imo. It's certainly doable but can feel hard at times. More quests and higher lvl areas would help a lot with that, as well as quests just giving a bit more xp (not gold, that is fine).

More importantly I think the bigger issue is that some classes level way easier than others. Cleric is ezmode. Thief blows. Monks are awesome, assassins less so. We may want to consider adjusting total xp needed based on actual leveling speed, not perceived endgame power/usefulness.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:48 am

Folder wrote:The grind is a bit long imo. It's certainly doable but can feel hard at times. More quests and higher lvl areas would help a lot with that, as well as quests just giving a bit more xp (not gold, that is fine).

More importantly I think the bigger issue is that some classes level way easier than others. Cleric is ezmode. Thief blows. Monks are awesome, assassins less so. We may want to consider adjusting total xp needed based on actual leveling speed, not perceived endgame power/usefulness.

Well dreadlands is technically the highest level mobs in general, though we need more of those areas (we coming with another soon) then the EXP should prob be boosted a tad. Or perhaps yeah, class exp changes.

For EXP rates though atm:

Assassins=400mil
Barb=300mil
Bard=350mil
Cleric=300mil
Druid=350mil
Knight=300mil
Monks=375mil
Necromancer=400mil
Paladin=325mil
Ranger=325mil
Sorc=375mil
Thief=300mil

Adjusted idear, for example is knocking off some that need it:

Assassins=350mil -50mil
Barb=300mil 0
Bard=325mil -25mil
Cleric=325mil +25mil
Druid=350mil 0
Knight=275mil -25mil
Monks=375mil 0
Necromancer=375mil -25mi
Paladin=325mil 0
Ranger=325mil 0
Sorc=375mil 0
Thief=250mil -50mil

It's tough to say how fast is what yet, peoples opinons would be good. The above is obviously nothing set in stone, just starting something so peole can think up and adjust.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:54 am

actually yeah, instead of having to modify all monsters lets modify the EXP per class. Way easier. I.E> if we wanted 10% boost, we remove around 10% EXP needed, for example. 25mil per class would be a good start but then need more on certain other classes blablah.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:00 pm

I like dreads to level in, I think the mob xp is good and there are potential drops, quests, all that good stuff. I don't like quests that require 50x item drops but that's a different story.

I can't comment for a number of classes but imo:
Pally is fine thanks to smite.
Monk is fine because monk things.
Thief should be lower, or stealing xp should be higher either one. 50mil adjustment is good.
Cleric with +25 is fine, equals them with paladin and they have similar leveling tools.
Knights don't really need a reduction imo, they are pretty strong all around.

Haven't tried others enough yet so not really qualified to comment.
<Silhouette>

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:05 pm

So far, leveling a thief has been an outright bitch. The majority of thief experience comes from stealing gold, and most areas have the bulk of their gold output coming from drops instead of gold on monsters, which hurts my ability to level considerably. As of right now, the only effective way to gain experience as a thief is to get a party and leech the KSB while you rob, because they don't put out enough damage to really make leveling solo worth the expense of food and potions to keep you from dying.

My barb and my knight both do fine solo, this has only been an issue with my thief needing to be in a party to level effectively.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Nod, thief is poor and I've brought this up in other places recently. It's not the only one that could use some tweaking though.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Satsujin wrote:So far, leveling a thief has been an outright bitch. The majority of thief experience comes from stealing gold, and most areas have the bulk of their gold output coming from drops instead of gold on monsters, which hurts my ability to level considerably. As of right now, the only effective way to gain experience as a thief is to get a party and leech the KSB while you rob, because they don't put out enough damage to really make leveling solo worth the expense of food and potions to keep you from dying.

My barb and my knight both do fine solo, this has only been an issue with my thief needing to be in a party to level effectively.

Honestly when I brought up the thief stuff I didn't want everyone to change everything to drops. I wanted a 50/50 type deal so maybe one of the builders can chime in and do something about gold.

Honestly the idea should be that if a mob has 100 gold value drops, then it should be 50 in straight out gold, and 50 in item drops. for example.

Thieves do have a 3x bonus multiplier, which isn't bad. It's a set 3x too. Maybe could be bumped to 3.5x even, or they could DW like assassins could for the 10% bonus so its about 3.5x. Either or would work, but probably DW is a better option. Would help with leveling too.

Monks won't level as fast as they were when we started either. With the 7.5% drop I think 375mil is a good limit now for them. So then so far.

Assassins=350mil -50mil
Barb=300mil 0
Bard=325mil -25mil
Cleric=325mil +25mil
Druid=350mil 0
Knight=300mil 0
Monks=375mil 0
Necromancer=375mil -25mi
Paladin=325mil 0
Ranger=325mil 0
Sorc=375mil 0
Thief=250mil -50mil

Thing is though, if we want a 5-10% reduction OVERALL before this, then it would look more like:

Assassins=325mil
Barb=275mil
Bard=300mil
Cleric=300mil
Druid=325mil
Knight=300mil
Monks=350mil
Necromancer=350mil
Paladin=300mil
Ranger=300mil
Sorc=350mil
Thief=225mil

Instead. Where 350mil is max now. Might be to low on assy and thief caues they already had a 50mil drop, but basing it on a whole. Could bump them back up 25mil.

Return to “Archive Chat”