Steam

killa

Re: Steam

Postby killa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:28 pm

If it were the matter of a 100 bux lol id be down to pay that fee... that's like half a night at the bar

Discern

Postby Discern » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:56 pm

killa wrote:If it were the matter of a 100 bux lol id be down to pay that fee... that's like half a night at the bar

But it's you pking the newbs and then they would give us a bad score because their feelings were triggered......

killa

Postby killa » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:09 am

Discern wrote:
killa wrote:If it were the matter of a 100 bux lol id be down to pay that fee... that's like half a night at the bar

But it's you pking the newbs and then they would give us a bad score because their feelings were triggered......

I quit playing almost 10 days ago lol. You haven't noticed? then it must be someone else pking the noobs, ha ha ha. girl

killa

Postby killa » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:24 am

I quit so no worries. But maybe in the steam description someone might add, subtly, "PK is allowed in this game after a certain level". I'm certain, actually I'm 100 perfect positively certain, not everyone on steam is a little cry baby. I played everquest, Warcraft, diablo 2, multiple other games on PVP servers. It was fun, not everyone is a little baby buddy. Some people enjoy a little challenge in their existence.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:54 am

It wouldn't be able to be subtle, PvP would have to be mentioned as a feature. Those who like PvP would be able to see it and would be drawn to the game because of it, while those who wouldn't enjoy it would know to avoid it.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:52 pm

The game, as is, isn't very newbie friendly. It looks empty. Well, it is empty but i remember that in old RoK, the fact that you would start in the Tavern and immediately see and interact with people, gave it a certain charm, and i think it was a boost for newbies...

We need to work on that.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:53 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:The game, as is, isn't very newbie friendly. It looks empty. Well, it is empty but i remember that in old RoK, the fact that you would start in the Tavern and immediately see and interact with people, gave it a certain charm, and i think it was a boost for newbies...

We need to work on that.

Changing it to the tavern doesn't really solve much atm cause no ones really sitting right now and prob won't be. Need better options :P

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:25 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
JadeFalcon wrote:The game, as is, isn't very newbie friendly. It looks empty. Well, it is empty but i remember that in old RoK, the fact that you would start in the Tavern and immediately see and interact with people, gave it a certain charm, and i think it was a boost for newbies...

We need to work on that.

Changing it to the tavern doesn't really solve much atm cause no ones really sitting right now and prob won't be. Need better options :P

Fair enough. How about we (you) make a global chat, were all people could chat at the same time? like guild chat. Except everyone was on it, and that would be the first thing noobs saw

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:25 pm

NiteHawk wrote:

We need to work on that.

Fair enough. How about we (you) make a global chat, were all people could chat at the same time? like guild chat. Except everyone was on it, and that would be the first thing noobs saw

HAC Tip of the Week:

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:44 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:

We need to work on that.

Yea would also like to do something about the tutorial for area as well. While it accomplishes teaching the player what they need to know it also kind of alienates them from players like you said.

It's also a lot of instructions all at once and a little overwhelming. The first 15mins of a game is critical make or break. I think we should try getting players into the action soon and maybe teach players as things come up. For example you walk into combat and it tells you the basics of how to attakc and how things work. You walk into a shop and the basics are explained maybe a pop up tool tip type thing.

Anyways just some ideas but you are right interaction is the very key to a game like this and we are starting people out isolated for the first 15-30mins. Gotta do something about that

Return to “Archive Chat”