Character roller

daedroth

Re: Character roller

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:19 am

Damn internet, made me double post, so edited this message, please ignore this message...
Last edited by daedroth on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:21 am

I always though it would be nice to have the option of both, defaulting to the point system. The only problem is (as everyone knows) the roller system can be exploited... if there was some way to prevent autorollers then it would be nice, if not, meh, point system only. I always like rolling a crit, but always hated when you went into a kind of... fuge like state... and then you rolled past a 5 or 6 statter... doh!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Eyxom

Postby Eyxom » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:06 pm

No rollers. It detracts from the game. If you were playing DnD and your friend rolled his character for 8 days straight, it wouldn't be much of a game. Not too mention, there are just too many ways to manipulate it. Having the stat picker levels the playing field for anyone who wants to enjoy the game; new or old. It puts the bulk of character advantage into items which kind of forces people to get into the development and run OAD's. I know Chris and I have had long talks about OAD systems in the past for his older game. We had put together a nice dynamic drop system used in a lot of MMO's and it worked really well. I'm kind of hoping to see something similar in this game.
"Now I have become Death, destroyer of worlds." - Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer

Return to “Archive Chat”