Character roller

Zilveari

Character roller

Postby Zilveari » Thu May 05, 2016 8:28 pm

How about bringing back the roller as a complement to the stat distributor? Like keep the stat distributor where you can get up to 4 perfect stats or you can overload one. But also give the option to roll. When rolling you cannot overload, but you do have the low chance of getting a 5 stat. Or possibly even the remote chance of rolling a 6 stat.

It could keep the best of both worlds for people who just wanna make their toon and jump right on in to the action, as well as people like me who could just sit there re-rolling over for hours while watching anime.

Lateralus

Re: Character roller

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 05, 2016 9:39 pm

Id like for this to be a possibility down the road (right now I think what we have is fine to get started with). I think it would be great to have some elite characters which would be good for making sure there are different characters out there as well as good for the economy buying/selling these elite characters.

The downside is auto rollers they are just really really hard to stop.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 pm

/hack roller

Bad idea imo. If the game is any success, someone is gonna do it. Just a matter of time.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Thu May 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Yea nightmist has been autorolled to death even with the nice math problems that roller generates it has been done.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Rodeo wrote:Yea nightmist has been autorolled to death even with the nice math problems that roller generates it has been done.

Yea if I can figure it out anyone can ;)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 06, 2016 4:57 am

We don't need a roller. We just need more interesting builds if the idea is to make more unique characters.

All rollers do is make it so newbies have to spend hours to get a proper character. People WILL do this dispute the whole argument of 'People will just give up and play'. No one wants to play crappy characters. Then the people who benefit from this are autoroller whores. Specially once we release it on multi platform, its so hard to negate autorollers. Having to ask questions every X rolls is insanely annoying too, but it's easy to deal with and answer on your own. I know we talked about this, some for and some against, but if you guys are all hellbent about it being newbie friendly, then a roller is a terrible idea.

All races need to be useful.

Maybe you could do something like allow more then +1 stat. Maybe the max 'extra' stats could be increased to 2 or 3. If +1 stats cost 6 stat point each, probably will get +2 max without running the character completely on most. Even then, you really hurt other stats, but could give some variance. I.E. if it was +2 bonus points you could do a 18/25/17/11/14/16 ling pally build, or a 18/23/19/11/14/16.. Or one each,, 18/24/18/11/14/16, etc.

You get alot of mix and matching then too. I'm not sure I'd go past +2, MAYBE +3, but I think each additional point gives alot of variance to how characters could work.

Maybe thats a bad idea all together though, who knows.

Yue

Postby Yue » Fri May 06, 2016 10:30 am

No Roller. Its better if you assign stat, but have it make sense to assign those stats, just as we're trying to do :)
Roller scares people, adds frustration and is hackable.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri May 06, 2016 10:47 am

Yea Chris your right rollers a bad idea even if it is just an alternative option. As time goes on rolling to get perfect crits would be all that anyone wanted and new players would be at a disadvantage. My wants crept in front of what's best for the game haha my bad.

I think what we got right now is fine considering these days most games just give you set stats so there will actually be quite a bit of diversity in this game over others.

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Fri May 06, 2016 12:28 pm

It seems like it would be difficult to balance Elders, possibly guards as well, without being able to have 5 perfect stats though. I also didn't try one out after the roller went away in RoK though, so my experience isn't 100% on the issue.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri May 06, 2016 2:32 pm

With the stat distribution elders were still well balanced and won alot of events STILL one of the most overpowered chars around. A elder didn't need to be 5 stat to be good even with a 20 15 20 19 20 16 build which was str/int/agi/end/wis/chr those types of elders won alot In 1 vs 1 pvp. I have also had every stat varation of elder that's viable with multiple races. Of anything they prob need to be a little less great than what they were or have exp raised on them seeing as how OP they were. As far as stats and the class it's self it was already well balanced. Joey and I had over 120 max level chars at the time that rok went down. Landria can also vouch for how good elders were as she was the main elder leveler of the time.

The same goes for guards as well th only thing that really broke guards was protect being changed so drastically. When they had protect on they pretty much got face raped.

I know alot of old schoolers who didn't play see the new stat system and think cause something doesn't have a max stat on it that it will suck.

Give the stat distribution a chance and test it and it will show itself that it works.

Return to “Archive Chat”