Agenda & Guild 'Raids'

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Agenda & Guild 'Raids'

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:40 pm

1. Making the game more new player friendly. For example, we're working on stuff like when you make a character, it telling you info about each class and race. The new client will have this embedded but the current one will load a small window html box which is enough.We have alot of new players but they get turned off because they do not understand the game. There is little player retention atm.

2. After 25'er content. Ignoring OADs, since that is already done, I want to implement the guild houses and guild 'raids'. (Or whatever they should be called.) First off lets talk about guild houses.

Guilds will spend guild money to build a guild house. The guild houses will have some restrictions on building (require each room to have at least one link and linked to entrance in total, etc.) Guild houses can only be built by owners/leaders. There will be special rooms you can purchase (healing rooms, taverns, etc). Each room will have a general base fee, but special rooms will require quite a bit of cash. You will not get reimbursed if you remove rooms however after you save, but they will be stored in a guild room inventory list in which you can reuse it again in the future. There will be a max size too, but not sure the size yet. Guild entrances will be a portal in a city, you can pick the city you want to be in. They will have a maintenance cost per month though it will be generally cheap compared to build cost. Couple other things but we will talk about that in a bit. Guild houses will be built in a GUI editor, possibly online.

I want to add GLOBAL embers. Special embers that if you are in a guild, you get special bonuses for being in the guild. The embers will have to be in the guild 'vault' for embers in order to work. They will have expire limits, which is probably 30-90 days. Any mob can drop one but it will be a insanely rare drop, and there is a maximum limit in the world. To start off it will be very low. When one expires, a new one is ready to be spawned, pretty much. It will be notified to all when that occurs. Bonuses can be 10% exp, +1 str, +1 int. Very simple and easy to understand. Each guild will have a maximum, which is undefined atm.

Now for the raid part. Guilds can be raided (couple options that we can go with.). The goal is to get to the vault and 'raid' a global shard. You will be able to take one shard when you successfully raid a vault. The expire timer will still be on it, but you can view all embers and pick. You will want to raid because of the limited reason of global embers though.

We obviously cannot have raids 24/7 on a base, it would be taxing and annoying, pointless to defend. Instead there will be 'open windows'. This is my idea:
Vulnerability timers. Even better, the larger your guild, the more open windows you will have to fill in. This would make it a reason to be smaller or mid-sized too. Each timer will be 45 minutes (not sure yet the exact time of '1' timer.) For example, if you have 30 members, you might get 3 timers you will have to add (per 10 people). These timers can be placed WHERE YOU want them to be however. Normally you should pick when your guild is most active. It can also stack (I.E. you can have 3 hours on one day, three timers in a row.). If your guild vault is raided, then the timer expires automatically and no further raids can be done, so you can only lose one ember per vulnerability timer open. There are some additional error controls to prevent cheating but it's virtually when you are open, everyone can attack, when you are closed, no one can.

Being a smaller guild will have it's benefits in this case, but obviously can be risky if you are TOO small. Being able to place the timers where you want means you should be able to get most of your guild defending during these times. The first person that reaches the vault gets to claim it, so I'm sure theres going to be crying here and there. But I think it will be hugely fun.

Now, there will be more then just players defending it. Guilds can hire 'goons', aka NPCs to defend too. You will also not be able to beeline it to a vault. There could be locked doors you'll have to bash and break/etc. I have a feeling I might make thieves useful here and they'll have to 'crack open' the vault as a final task. So it will put serious pressure on both sides to keep them out. When the vulnerability timer is up, they get booted out (magical shield or something pushes them out again.) and all doors and NPCs get re-spawned. Obviously guilders will have an advantage as they can spawn in their guild hall and others will have to outside of the guild hall. Gives them a few seconds more. Not sure if there will be penalties etc when dying yet though in a guild hall (I.E. 1 minute spawn timer.). Also not sure if you can 'heal' doors and such. Maybe for 1/4th the heal power or something.

That's virtually it. A end-game system that gives guild-wide benefits and can be raided at specific times of the week that the guild specifies for open attacks on it. Attackers: Get to the vault, claim an ember, win. Defenders: Protect your guild house successfully for set time amount.

P.S> Sorry for bad explaining, ask for clarification.

Ivor

Re: Agenda & Guild 'Raids'

Postby Ivor » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:03 pm

A guild based quests may be added here, to increase the guild house/fort defence. Like lvl-1-2-3, higher lvl gives stronger gates or more mercenaries to hire etc .

Also, the attackers gets the loot if they win ok, what are the defenders get if they win?
Mac : they crash different

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Ivor wrote:A guild based quests may be added here, to increase the guild house/fort defence. Like lvl-1-2-3, higher lvl gives stronger gates or more mercenaries to hire etc .

Also, the attackers gets the loot if they win ok, what are the defenders get if they win?

Well 'loot' not 'loots'. One global ember.

They get to keep their global ember. Would you like to lose your +1 str that generally requires no effort? Why should defenders get more? :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Ivor wrote:A guild based quests may be added here, to increase the guild house/fort defence. Like lvl-1-2-3, higher lvl gives stronger gates or more mercenaries to hire etc .

One idea:
Be interesting if you can get a retaliatory strike (but off course no ping pong, as in, if attacker loses defender can attack the attacker, but then it ends).
Last edited by daedroth on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Ivor

Postby Ivor » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:12 pm

aha, so if i dont have a global ember, i wont be raided , i guess?
Mac : they crash different

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Ivor wrote:aha, so if i dont have a global ember, i wont be raided , i guess?

Correct there, my bad didn't clarify. You need global embers to be raided, and they can only claim one global ember per raid. You don't raid for anything else. There will always be guilds with global embers as well. Vulnerability timers are visible to all.

Dae that might make it too hard to defend then. The reason for this is to ensure defenders have the advantage, as they should be. Since attackers can be anyone, it wouldn't be right if your noob buddy enters the guild, and suddenly your attacked after they defend cause of it :P I get you though, but I don't think that fits here.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Actually, how about a % of the accumulated guild tax being looted as well?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:26 pm

daedroth wrote:Actually, how about a % of the accumulated guild tax being looted as well?

Again it runs down to one person entering and the whole guild loses tax cause of it. I could see it requiring 100 gold per entrance and that could lets say go to the defenders on success but then there has to be a raid enable/disable option, though if disabled it would use your gold instead maybe. It's sketchy though atm. Wondering the negatives on doing that.

Thi

Postby Thi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:31 am

How are you going to calculate guild members with the probability that alts represent 50%+ of a guild member listing?

Here's a side suggestion, or a couple:

1) Bounty - It would be kinda funny if we could put up Bounty on player heads and the first to kill them can collect from the guild vault, item or gold specified by the Leader/Owner.

2) Challenges - A Guild can put up a reward or gold challenging attackers and attackers would likely have to put something up in equal / similar value to take on the challenge and fight it out.

I'll add more as I think of them.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Thi wrote:How are you going to calculate guild members with the probability that alts represent 50%+ of a guild member listing?

Here's a side suggestion, or a couple:

1) Bounty - It would be kinda funny if we could put up Bounty on player heads and the first to kill them can collect from the guild vault, item or gold specified by the Leader/Owner.

2) Challenges - A Guild can put up a reward or gold challenging attackers and attackers would likely have to put something up in equal / similar value to take on the challenge and fight it out.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Per account. :P

Bounties could work good too.

Return to “Archive Chat”