Guild Ranks

Should officers be able to boot people? Or only leaders/owner?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes, if they can invite they can boot, but not leaders or other officers.
73%
Nu, they shouldn't be able to kick anyone out.
27%

Total votes: 15
Deehok

Guild Ranks

Postby Deehok » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:00 pm

We were messing around and found that Officers can kick other officers and leaders can kick other leaders. Officers cannot kick leaders atleast.

I personally believe that should be adjusted, imo an officer shouldnt have the power to kick another officer and so on.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Guild Ranks

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:32 pm

I disagree. Don't give officer ranks when you can't trust them with members.

Officers can boot and invite. I don't see a difference between someone kicking on a whim vs someone inviting a bunch of dinks to harass your members. Both are abusive and all that.

Leaders can deal with everything, but boot owner. This should typically not be used on people.

Owner is owner.

I'll poll it though.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:35 pm

You aren't supposed to be able to boot a same ranked or higher though, that's actually a bug, not a pending feature.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:33 pm

In the interests of chaos and drama, i say officers should be able to boot people. Imagine the drama if someone infiltrates an officer in a rival clan...
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

warvor

Postby warvor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:36 pm

my opinion is officer being able to invite mostly to invite their own alts but as for kick power i feel that should be owner or leader only... if an officer invites a bunch of dinks the leaders/owner can kick but if an officer goes on a nut and kicks everyone = or below then the leaders/owner has to try and message or find all the kicked ppl and reinvite
Balladeer.BonGod.Carmella.Confessor.Darthspawn.Doken.Grillz.Gringe.Gyko.Invixian.LeoTheLion.Nemisis.NostraDamus.Pilfer.Postal.SubZero,Sylvio,TeddyBearG,Warvor,WildWill

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:12 am

Personally I think if they can invite (officers/leaders), then they should be able to kick out (lower ranked members off course).
If you make someone an officer, you should be able to trust them a little, if not do not make them officers.
Look on it as promoting someone in a company you own. Would you promote some random eployee you did not know that well? If the answer is yes, I hope for your own good you do not own a company.
Out of curiosity, can you kick people out of clan even if they are offline?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:19 am

JadeFalcon wrote:In the interests of chaos and drama, i say officers should be able to boot people. Imagine the drama if someone infiltrates an officer in a rival clan...

Awww just like old rok. Nostalgia ftw!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:55 am

daedroth wrote:Personally I think if they can invite (officers/leaders), then they should be able to kick out (lower ranked members off course).
If you make someone an officer, you should be able to trust them a little, if not do not make them officers.
Look on it as promoting someone in a company you own. Would you promote some random eployee you did not know that well? If the answer is yes, I hope for your own good you do not own a company.

Yes you can.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:00 pm

daedroth wrote:Personally I think if they can invite (officers/leaders), then they should be able to kick out (lower ranked members off course).

Well if we're using a company analogy

Mcdonalds
Shift Leaders (Officers) Can interview and hire, but cannot fire (have to take it to the general manager)
General Manager (Leaders) Can do it all, interview, hire, fire.
Owner Can also do everything, only difference they can fire the general managers.

If you were to apply that same logic to the guild

Officer could invite but not boot, would have to speak with leaders and owner
Leaders could do it all
Owner does it all, but can boot his leaders as well.

I think it would be cool if officers could submit a request to the owner to have someone removed /gkick (playername) (reason) then that would get sent in telegram to the owner. Owner could review it and discuss it with his leaders (council) for a vote.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Cerebrus wrote:... Blah blah blah ...

That makes sense also. I am split on this TBH. I am not bothered either way.
The officer booting makes for lol's and drama.
The officer cant boot is maybe more sensible.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”