Huge HP mobs

Folder

Huge HP mobs

Postby Folder » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:10 am

Why? What's the reasoning for them? I'm talking about:

Undertaker - His HP is way high for his level, especially considering he can only be healed to death.
Flame Salamander - Plz. I made another topic about this, but the boss hp is just excessive. Not to mention you are looking at, at best, killing 60 mobs to get the keys to let 1 group in to fight him.
Plushies - I...why. These take 1 hour to solo. Hourly spawn mobs. 1 hour to kill. We did these tonight with a group of 3-4 and it took an hour and a half to kill them all. It's hard to motivate people for that, you know? The 350k killshot XP is fine, but zero xp for the rest of it leaves people rather unmotivated to dedicate all that time. The killshot XP just means people want to relog to an alt when it's crit, which I think is goofy gameplay.
Giant Plushie - Yeah, it's a boss I get it. A boss that takes half an hour to kill. It's not hard or healing intensive, it's half an hour of pushing F1. Please up the damage and lower the health so it doesn't take so long.

I love the game and I like these areas in all regards except some mob HP. I can even deal with the Sally keys because you can farm them and get xp at the same time, so whatever. But pressing F1 for half an hour is not fun, it's tedious. Please consider this guys. This is all meant as constructive criticism and I hope it's taken as such.

Bosses and keys need to be somewhat entertaining in my opinion, or at the very least they shouldn't feel like pure chores or time sinks. I love that Sally does a lot of damage and I could even see raising it a little. Make it enrage, or spawn more adds, make it interesting not just long. Bosses/mobs shouldn't be hard because of the time needed (as in the hard part is simply getting people together that want to commit to 20-30 minute fights), they should be hard because of damage or mechanics involved.
<Silhouette>

Mujahideen

Re: Huge HP mobs

Postby Mujahideen » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:26 am

I think the only way to fix this is to allow an alt. :-D
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:48 am

Mujahideen wrote:I think the only way to fix this is to allow an alt. :-D

Lol. I admire your tenacity :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:33 am

Granted the plushie area is a fun area. It also drops some of the higher end stuff for players. It is not meant to be a solo area, it's meant to be a party area. You shouldn't probably be soloing it anyways. It's only here for a few more days and it's gone anyways, and it has high drop rates. Same for the other plushies too. If you don't really want to do it, you don't have too. But if your soloing it, eh. It's like soloing a OAD to get a purple 25 shield for minimal work. Actual harder OAD areas will have puzzles and whatnot so the boss doesn't need to be typically so long to fight, just overall hard.

Yeah the flame sally can be looked at. The undertaker too.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:55 am

P.S. The undertaker is pretty straight forward to look at but the salamander I'd need actual proper data. I.E> what classes you take, how long it took (time it using timestamps or clock it.) etc. I assume they are all 25'ers anyways. Hoping for more than once too, (and possible if others have run it their data or run it and gather data which will give me better info).

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:18 am

Re: The plushies.

The solo comment is a point of reference, I would never in my entire life solo one of those. 1.5 hours for a group of 3-4 to kill all of them seems very very long to me. The drop rate for KEYS is high yes but as far as weapons, well you have that data, but I've never seen one drop after having killed about 30 plushies. In itself that is fine, but that's 30 hours / # of party members.

You're also excluding anyone who is not in a very active guild. What about the guilds that only have a few members? For them to do something like this is really not fun, if they even bother to try at all.

Obviously no one has to to do anything in the game, but I like to do everything and some of it feels not fun to do simply because of mob HP. That's why I started this.

Re: Salamander

I do have a separate thread going for this. It took us 25 minutes with 2 priests, guard, chanter, 2x ninjas. Granted the chanter was night which is unfortunate, but 25 minutes is a long time. We have killed it 2x with that comp and time results were roughly the same. We have also tried with 1x slayer (ice), 1x zerker (ice), guard, chanter, priest (ice), and a 24 bard (night). The idea there was to try and save time by having a bard instead of a priest, but seeing as our bard is night he ended up dying when the Salamander was severe. We did end up killing it with 3 party members alive, but it ended up taking about the same amount of time.

You could argue that we need more ice characters, but half the party in that last group is ice and the fight is still obnoxiously long. It's a good fight, fast paced and the healing is intense. We all like that, it just also takes far too long and becomes not as fun. 10 minutes? Sure. 15 minutes? Ok. 25+ minutes? Ehhhh...
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:28 am

Well, that will have to be looked at next year. You only need one party to deal with it though. I'll see about changing the plushie HP a little bit but yeah, it is a party area really. We really generally only had a week to do it, and I think it's fine overall. The game isn't honestly friendly to solos and it's a high reason why I'm trying to push out alot of changes within the next month or two to ensure new players get into guilds fast and helping them understand the game better. Because PVP is tougher to them, they will find it's really rough to play the game solo, in any aspects. Most of the plushies will get about 40% HP reductions anyways, though it won't happen until they respawn (unless they are already dead), which I think will put them more in line based on what I've been seeing.

Not all 'events' will be like this though. But yeah, some will favor parties, some will favor solo.

Re: Salamander

I do have a separate thread going for this. It took us 25 minutes with 2 priests, guard, chanter, 2x ninjas. Granted the chanter was night which is unfortunate, but 25 minutes is a long time. We have killed it 2x with that comp and time results were roughly the same. We have also tried with 1x slayer (ice), 1x zerker (ice), guard, chanter, priest (ice), and a 24 bard (night). The idea there was to try and save time by having a bard instead of a priest, but seeing as our bard is night he ended up dying when the Salamander was severe. We did end up killing it with 3 party members alive, but it ended up taking about the same amount of time.

You could argue that we need more ice characters, but half the party in that last group is ice and the fight is still obnoxiously long. It's a good fight, fast paced and the healing is intense. We all like that, it just also takes far too long and becomes not as fun. 10 minutes? Sure. 15 minutes? Ok. 25+ minutes? Ehhhh...

I do agree about 12-15 minutes is a better base for most 'boss fights'. 25 is a bit on the high end because you do need to get keys and other things.

Scare

Postby Scare » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:51 am

Mujahideen wrote:I think the only way to fix this is to allow an alt. :-D

Ability to use one extra alt would be appealing to play more then an hour or two a week. :popcorn:

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:53 am

I am adjusting the flame sally and undead, but they both need looking into. I do not know if it will happen today or tomorrow after reset though, depends if their spawn has been triggered somehow already. Based on your statements and some more in my PM box, I think he needs about 40% less HP and a slight less amount of armor, which is around 25minutes down to 13-15 minutes. In exchange, his max damage (not minimum) is a little higher. So more intense fights, but less time.

The Undertaker should have more HP overall but it was way to high. 20k-25k HP for a level 15 monster is a bit extreme since it's supposed to be in a low level area. I've nerfed that to 5-6k HP, which should be more fair at that level, since it's generally not really useful at higher levels anyways. It is however, keeping a little more then average HP though which is OK.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 am

NiteHawk wrote: ... The game isn't honestly friendly to solos ...

What? That is discrimination against solo levelling loners, like me, who have no friends!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”