Unsoulbind. I hate wasting gear.

Tristan

Unsoulbind. I hate wasting gear.

Postby Tristan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:03 pm

There should be an option or quest to unsoulbind a piece of gear. For example, i got a Void blade and would like to use it on my Cav. However my Cav has a Spectral Scythe which is bound. The only option left for the Scythe is to vender it. The scythe is hard to come by, and i hate the thought of wasting Gear of any sort. Gear should not be one and done anyways. Perhaps a repeatable quest 3-5 day timer. Not a 25 quest either, i feel a mid lvl collection quest could be appropriate. Just a thought. Any ideas or suggestions?

Folder

Re: Unsoulbind. I hate wasting gear.

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:05 am

It's been brought up a number of times before. Personally I'd love to eventually see some kind of disenchant system, but that's a long ways off if it ever happened. I'm not really a fan of unsoulbinding gear myself, I think it hurts the value of items and trading and also makes gear feel less special. "Oh I have a staff" as opposed to "This is MY staff", basically.

RIP scythe. If it makes you feel any better I sold a void blade.
<Silhouette>

Tristan

Postby Tristan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:56 am

Not really, i think it's a foolish system, and a waste of items and hours of farming. When i have alts that can use that gear, rather than waiting and killing mort for two weeks or longer hoping to get the drop. Why should i have to go through that when i worked the first time to get it. Doesn't make sense.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:53 am

Mixed on this one.

On one hand it is annoying you cant pass on gear when you have upgraded your equipment. I leave stuff un'sbd until I've got 20th level
gear now or it is humming loudly or some such.

On the other hand one of the problems old rok was item bloating and the ability to be able to trade over gear to another alt (I know that sound au contrare to what I just wrote above). You could trade your uber gear about on alts which is also a bit silly.

Unless there is some way to reduce item bloat (durability added to items or some such, and who would want that? No one going by one of my previous postings :lol:) I think it works best the way it is.

Maybe allow non enchanted (white items) to be trade-able between alts even if sb'd. Although I doubt that was the point of OP posting. It would be helpful for newbies while not being unbalancing.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:09 am

We need moar monies for our itemz
Aftershock

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:15 am

Tristan wrote:Not really, i think it's a foolish system, and a waste of items and hours of farming. When i have alts that can use that gear, rather than waiting and killing mort for two weeks or longer hoping to get the drop. Why should i have to go through that when i worked the first time to get it. Doesn't make sense.

I would say it's to ensure people keep wanting to run oads and keep needing gear for alts. If you have a void blade that's account bound how many more times are you going to want to run dreads? Most people are motivated by nothing more than getting gear for themselves, so if gear is one and done I worry people will just lose interest in getting out there to try for more loot. Ultimately the game needs people out in the world hunting for items or pking or whatever, and I think it's a valid concern that if gear is too easy or account wide that that leads to more sitting/idling.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:54 pm

Tristan wrote:There should be an option or quest to unsoulbind a piece of gear. For example, i got a Void blade and would like to use it on my Cav. However my Cav has a Spectral Scythe which is bound. The only option left for the Scythe is to vender it. The scythe is hard to come by, and i hate the thought of wasting Gear of any sort. Gear should not be one and done anyways. Perhaps a repeatable quest 3-5 day timer. Not a 25 quest either, i feel a mid lvl collection quest could be appropriate. Just a thought. Any ideas or suggestions?

I hear you on being bummed about trashing gear but the fact of the matter is if it wasn't this way items would be worthless and there would be no point to even get items like what happened in rok.

Now that doesn't mean we couldn't put something in to make your "trashing" of items more worth while. There are lots of things that could be done like a disenchant crafting system but that can get messy. Something simple would be like disenchant with a chance to create an ember based on item level and rarity. For example Green level 9 would only have a chance at the extinguished ember but maybe a purple level 25 would have a chance at a level 3-4 and so on. Also if it fails maybe give a stone that just sells back for gold. Might make things interesting.

As for unbinding equipment I can see it in the future but it's a fragile system you don't want it too easy but in certain cases I wouldn't mind seeing it. Maybe a hard 1 time quest per character? Maybe once a month? Maybe just a gold payment? It's a system that's pretty hard to balance atm but I believe there will be something down the line.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:08 pm

I definitely see the appeal of a disenchanting system.

I could see maybe a PP reward or quest reward to unbind something, but the issue I see there is it might make people uneasy to ever sell/disenchant something they feel may be useful later down the road. If that were an option I think that in the spirit of fairness it should be made known now that it will be a thing in the future. I only imagine the posts "I sold my Sword of GREATNESS +5 before I had the option of moving it to an alt, F this game".
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:21 pm

Why should i have to go through that when i worked the first time to get it. Doesn't make sense.

Most games that have BOE gear work like this. It's a pretty simple reason, so items are useful -- always. The value of items drops to literally nothing otherwise, they are worthless. Since people are always making new characters and new items can come out, all items are useful. If you are stating you need to work for another item in the game, then yeah, you do, sorry! 8)

I leave stuff un'sbd until I've got 20th level gear now or it is humming loudly or some such.

Good call, it's your risk in the end. I would at least for sure not SB stuff until minimum level 16.

Folder wrote:I definitely see the appeal of a disenchanting system.

I could see maybe a PP reward...

Disenchanting yeah, future. The intension was that you could possibly disenchant in order to get items to make your items hum or something like that, I dunno yet. Unsoulbinding? In the near future for PP. I could see that. Still waiting on the city where the PP rewards go, probably after New Years. I don't think it should be a quest as people can pretty much make new accounts, or farming accounts just to make a ton of un-soulbind stuff, you and I both know people will, people exploit EVERYTHING. Even if it was account locked/etc I still feel like it's too easy. Wait a few days to unsb something and you're ready to go, theres other things to do while you wait. It needs to be harder then a quest.

FUTUREQUOTE wrote:'WTFPPOMG. But that's not easy!'

Not meant to be, and it won't be, nor will it be changing. But there will be some methods to unsoulbind things. The trade off from being a bit upset and simply farming again vs items being useful for pretty much a unlimited amount of time is a big thing to me.

Tristan

Postby Tristan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:17 pm

It's not that i don't want to work for gear, but i already did work for gear. Inflation of items is less of a concern cause not all the items are 100% drops like in rok as well. Also with the lvl system on the weapons it's not overpowered either, i can't put a Scythe on a lvl1, like i could in Rok which i enjoy. I just Simply don't want to trash the item for next to nothing, even the ember rewards for the items feels a bit weak. Also in those same BOE games they also usually make an item or something to turn the item to Bind Account. Which stops the gold market being a problem. I also don't see it stopping people from running oads. i have around 20 alts. I'd rather have gear for all of them... but that'll take ages, and i have SB'd gear just sitting..... There are ways to make this work. The Real problem with rok was that when you made an alt you could immediately buy and equip the best gear, not so much here. Also on the games vaguely mentioned for BOE items. They are massive Company games who have had extensive money, and Testing put in. They are also fully completed on launch Which mean they have other alternatives to weapons and gear at the various lvl. ATM there are single LVL 25 options for a few weapons/armor. Meaning that's the meta right now, and since they are pretty well Guild locked it leaves people sitting on the outside looking in. i know new things are coming fast, but i still feel it needs to be an option. :P

Return to “Archive Chat”