Cowboy and 'Random' team mosh

Man

Cowboy and 'Random' team mosh

Postby Man » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:02 pm

Looks like there was some issues, just wanted to point out.

There was a random team mosh event. 3 clans members entered. Teams were 2 members per team.

When teams were 'randomized' teams just happened to be all silo or a mixture of Defiance and Stasis. I had attacked non Silo teams, I was attacked by someone in my own clan. Silo teams all worked together to eliminate everyone not in their clan.

If it's going to be a 'random' team event, let's make it random aye? Let's not allow teams to cheat. Especially since PP is being given out.

Folder

Re: Cowboy and 'Random' team mosh

Postby Folder » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:24 pm

Shrug, guy on my team was an under 25 defiance monk.

edit: this is to say the PP was split between Silh and Defi. 15 each.
Last edited by Folder on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:59 am

Hello, im a new player. I sat there watching this mosh and have to agree its just a loophole to kill enemy clans regardless of teams. Ive noticed this same thing on most muds i have played and everyone hates it except the upperhand. It makes the event pointless to run. Players would rather lose on purpose to hurt an enemy than win in most cases. ive played 1 mud that daybanned for it but they have a steady 900+ players not 25. i feel staff should optimize and run better quality events even 1v1 tournaments with lower alts like 16s 20s 24s and offer smaller amounts of prestige for those. random teams events never work

there is already insufficient players to even exploit weaknesses/strengths in character builds. In 8 days i have seen almost 0 mages, necros, defensive builds, or high MR anti mage types because there is no reason to.

a real event would be a racial onslaught in a 6v6 setting race vs race. the trick would be only 1 character of each class is allowed per team. this is an event that would be fun. perhaps the winning race could see a 5-10% bonus exp setting for a week until a new victor claims the prize. this would promote everyone dies but no-one truely loses. EDIT: would also promote the usage and training of sub-optimal characters which would be a plus.

lastly, a bit off topic, but the time settings of events, most bosses has rendered most west coast players unable to be on during those times, bosses should be full random timers on spawns. west coast is a very large chunk of players you might be failing to entice. maybe ill get to hit a boss when i go back to EST lol.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Man

Postby Man » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:17 am

I would have to agree with the whole bosses should be completely random. I had said something to a few (3) staff and they were all essentially on the page that bosses are 'random' because they can spawn inside of a 'window'... which in my opinion isn't random at all.

When we were killing Nitehawk for example during the quest, we knew it was on a 12 hour timer, and were able to get to the boss a minute before spawn multiple times. There are bosses where people are like, I killed it at this time, I need to start checking for it again at x time. Yeah, it might be an hour and a half window 4 hours down the line, but then the last people who killed the boss have a huge leg up, they know it'll spawn in 4-5 1/2 hours rather than someone having to check over and over and over again. That's a 4 hour leg up they have.

The shorter the window the worse it is. You can try and pretend that having a short window encourages people to battle over a boss, but really it just tells the last people to kill that boss they need to check at x time and everyone else is completely clueless. The fact bosses in this game take such a short period of time to kill, it makes it even easier for someone/people to hoard a boss.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 am

yeah the window should be 23 hours lol

If the objective is to promote PvP combat then the mini's and bosses need larger scale hps so people are there longer periods for someone to notice them.

killa

Postby killa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 am

Terron wrote:Hello, im a new player. I sat there watching this mosh and have to agree its just a loophole to kill enemy clans regardless of teams. Ive noticed this same thing on most muds i have played and everyone hates it except the upperhand. It makes the event pointless to run. Players would rather lose on purpose to hurt an enemy than win in most cases. ive played 1 mud that daybanned for it but they have a steady 900+ players not 25. i feel staff should optimize and run better quality events even 1v1 tournaments with lower alts like 16s 20s 24s and offer smaller amounts of prestige for those. random teams events never work

there is already insufficient players to even exploit weaknesses/strengths in character builds. In 8 days i have seen almost 0 mages, necros, defensive builds, or high MR anti mage types because there is no reason to.

a real event would be a racial onslaught in a 6v6 setting race vs race. the trick would be only 1 character of each class is allowed per team. this is an event that would be fun. perhaps the winning race could see a 5-10% bonus exp setting for a week until a new victor claims the prize. this would promote everyone dies but no-one truely loses. EDIT: would also promote the usage and training of sub-optimal characters which would be a plus.

lastly, a bit off topic, but the time settings of events, most bosses has rendered most west coast players unable to be on during those times, bosses should be full random timers on spawns. west coast is a very large chunk of players you might be failing to entice. maybe ill get to hit a boss when i go back to EST lol.

dude, you are my savior. MSG me in game I am KILLA/SOLDIER. we see eye to eye. thank you for being honest lol. ive been playing since the game started and haven't got 1 boss battle in dreadlands yet in months. its owned by the elite. I'm not sure its it friends of the owner/creator of the game or just cronyism... ive asked such and got no response. But its really pissing me off. many people have quit so far its sad :( Msg me though in game sir if you are looking for a guild. We are not corrupt. We are in fact the biggest guild without any member in the STAFF.

Man

Postby Man » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:55 am

Terron wrote:yeah the window should be 23 hours lol

If the objective is to promote PvP combat then the mini's and bosses need larger scale hps so people are there longer periods for someone to notice them.

I would agree, should be a percentage chance to spawn i.e. 00.7% chance to spawn every 10 minutes (that would put a boss at about one time per 24 hour period) rather than a boss being 'doesn't spawn for 4 hours' then a whatever chance to spawn for 2 hours.

I would agree also boss hp should probably be raised on some bosses, however most players on this game seem to have the opposite opinion, in fact a arguement during the christmas quest was that it should all be made easier because it would take 1 hour to kill bosses by a single person (it was about 30 minutes for me with a level 20 berserker), these bosses of which pretty much dropped the best items in game. Ofcourse larger parties could have gone and killed them (and they did) however time was reduced and damage output was increased.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:04 am

im in a clan, i joined the only person i knew from other games. Cowboy Wayne :D ftr yes he was the guy tied to the tree while the cow ****ed *** *** in that old cowboy way movie. lol jk wayne. my trial run is looking good i enjoy the game just needs more items at more levels than 8 16 20 and a reason to use every race/class combination and all stats. perhaps racelocked OaDs but seeing as it is a fairly new game i can understand. btw the divinity setting is cool beans. hopefully chrarisma will become utilized and size categories can be added.

as it sits random teams just doesn't work never has never will. i hope this game will strive to be different rather than more of the same. make unique events like the one i proposed above

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:43 am

In any event where a clan can influence the outcome... guess what... a clan will try to do that. A clan will want its member to win. It will aim to have this happen. Anyone who says otherwise, or says their clan would never do this, if full of... it. The "their clan cheated, they attacked all non clannies" comments are ridiculous. EVERY clan will do that if they can get away with it.

The my clan is better than yours, were more honourable, less corrupt is highly subjective. Are you really? Do you think this because of clan loyalty? Or are you lying? Who knows. I just know that every clan I have been in have always said the same things about their clan.

The elitist comments as well... Every clan tries to be the "elite" as well. Some just fail. /me plays sad music on the worlds smallest violin
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:48 am

I can vouch for Stasis that in fact you are wrong. My guildies were attacking each other when placed on different teams. I've even attacked fellow guildies in moshes back in BH and got the "Wtf dude!?" and my response always and will always be "This is a mosh/team mosh everyone but me/me and my teammate needs to die!"

You can assume to know what all guilds would do, but you'd be wrong. lol :popcorn:

Return to “Archive Chat”