PVP Dodge/Hitrate/Damage/HP

Styx

Re: PVP Dodge/Hitrate/Damage/HP

Postby Styx » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Can we look at experience to level also?

Assy 350 mill
Monk 350 mill
Etc
Barb 275 mill
Thief 275 moll

Should consideration be adjusted so the hardest to level in exp be thought about

Could we adjust barb experience to 400 mill since barbs are now being used as a one of the higher damage dealer

Thief is one of the worst things for pvp, and same experience as barb, yes comparing experience to level.

Always thought the most experienced fighter should have best in the end game

And I tried a Thief. I saw worse or no change in drop rates thinking it would help chance against monsters. Could Thief drop rate be upped more. I did this after it was supposed to help a party of 6 in fighting.

Not many is going to want a Thief in party cause they need to steal gold for experience, but if the actual chances were good of getting a item then people would want them.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Folder wrote:You right max is 17, just going off memory from work :D.

I didn't say I think a gobby should stand out with MR, I said they are food. Mostly as a point of reference, not necessarily a complaint or saying it needs to change but pointing out the difference between 16 and 20 wis seems super big. Just food for thought.

Yes and no. For example Human Knight. 39% with 16, 53% with 20. I think that's OK.

Can we look at experience to level also?

Assy 350 mill
Monk 350 mill
Etc
Barb 275 mill
Thief 275 moll

Should consideration be adjusted so the hardest to level in exp be thought about

Could we adjust barb experience to 400 mill since barbs are now being used as a one of the higher damage dealer

Thief is one of the worst things for pvp, and same experience as barb, yes comparing experience to level.

Always thought the most experienced fighter should have best in the end game

And I tried a Thief. I saw worse or no change in drop rates thinking it would help chance against monsters. Could Thief drop rate be upped more. I did this after it was supposed to help a party of 6 in fighting.

Not many is going to want a Thief in party cause they need to steal gold for experience, but if the actual chances were good of getting a item then people would want them.

I think barbs should be at least 300 or 330.. 400mil is way to much though.. They are overpowered and they are getting a nerf to damage still. Obviously they are still the hardest hitters but it won't be as it is now with regular hits of crazy.

Thieves bonus drop chance is 20%. ATM that means if a item drops at 50%, then the item will drop at a bonus of 60%. I could go a little higher but I don't think it should be too crazy. Regardless that ITEM will drop 20% more then if the thief has not been in the party in any case atm. I could see going to 30% or even 45%.

So with 30% a item that drops 50% of the time would drop 65% of the time instead.
35% would be 67.5%.

On a item that drops at lets say 15%, which is a standard blue drop at higher levels, it would become 20%. (with 35% bonus)

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Please don't make anything 400. We tried that already, blech.

I could see thief drop rate being higher. My use case is on bosses where 20% of 10% is pretty small.
<Silhouette>

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:49 am

Ok thx, was just thinking if I was stealing gold it would give incentive for a Thief. If I steal 6k gold from monsters but get a drop then others would be happy. And guess my poor Thief had a bad day lol

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:38 am

I'm not saying barbs arnt op in theory but I've yet to really see one dominate in pvp event wise or anything. I guess prob more so in pve is what you guys are looking at.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:41 am

Ok seeing as night hawk wants no immediate changes to magic and focusing on melee

Calling all Rangers, Bards, Druids out there for your input.

Could either class be added to more utilized as pve cause some classes are just mainly pvp

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:06 am

Lateralus wrote:I'm not saying barbs arnt op in theory but I've yet to really see one dominate in pvp event wise or anything. I guess prob more so in pve is what you guys are looking at.

Barbs don't dominate 1v1 in my experience. They can get lucky flurrys but since they are guaranteed to get hit more / take more magic damage they tend to die fairly quicky.

They do crazy pve damage though, to be sure.
<Silhouette>

Man

Postby Man » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Folder wrote:
Lateralus wrote:I'm not saying barbs arnt op in theory but I've yet to really see one dominate in pvp event wise or anything. I guess prob more so in pve is what you guys are looking at.

Barbs don't dominate 1v1 in my experience. They can get lucky flurrys but since they are guaranteed to get hit more / take more magic damage they tend to die fairly quicky.

They do crazy pve damage though, to be sure.

Well, my lvl 24 barbarian has done pretty well, including winning an event filled with 11 25s and me. My barbarian with 3 stamina often does around 500-700 a round.

As well, the build of the class matters. My barbarian has 24 agility and 20 wisdom. Rarely gets hit and spell casters fizzle like crazy.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:46 pm

maybe you can achieve complete balance if melee classes can attack with 2 stam and then have to unequip there weapons for the rest of the stam that round. :lol: :lol: :lol:

seems to me most people just use monks, mostly saurian atm, and a sparatic amount of other classes, usually a couple knights few barbs a ranger a druid, and those who have toughed out a chanter tend to take those. mages just aren't scary. you may not want to face one but at the same time u arent picking a melee gnome/elf anything cuz you suck vs 15 melee characters to have a bonus vs 4-5 chanters. atm it just isnt optimal to go super MR. from what ive seen the furthest people go are using a dark elf instead of a saurian but still using monk or a barb like mans above. but also chanters are on the rise and may balance it out, but im just guessing we will see more d/e monks because going anything under 20 str 22 agility is making you weak vs hardcore melee builds.

staff told me the healing rules and set up of events was to make the fights fair. fair for what? monk vs chanter? those are the premium choices from what ive seen. ive done info on every character ive seen die in the events, sometimes i miss the beginning cuz 6 pm is a hard deadline to make, im usually not on til 620 to catch the event. unless the bards paladins clerics thieves are annihilated in the first 10 minutes i just don't see them compete.

p.s. make a thief event worthy by giving a great dodge and hit bonus 10% on both may make a character with a slow and steady chance at a win. just keep the average damage per round about 10-15% less than an assassin (comparing same race vs same race) and try to let the classes dodge rate carry them. most may not agree with a monk having less of a dodge bonus than a thief, i will say to them, ive been in martial arts for over 10 years, in which case dodging becomes dangerous it leaves yourself open for anyone that's anticipating your next "dodge". a monk would be more apt to parry/ check block an attack and hold ground opposed to heavy dodges. especially when using 2 sticks, since ur trained to attack your opponents joints to nullify their attacks and movements regardless. however a thief is an untrained combatant doing anything to avoid getting hit its something a scared person would do, maximizing that flight response.

sorry for the essay, i better get an A- lol

p.s. the entire race/class scenario may balance out but i just don't see it.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:09 pm

If other races wanted to be used more, maybe lizards should be nerfed.

Maybe less HP.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Return to “Archive Chat”