PVP Dodge/Hitrate/Damage/HP

Terron

Re: PVP Dodge/Hitrate/Damage/HP

Postby Terron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 pm

2.3% agility makes it very closely matched but FAR in the lings favor anytime healing/potions are involved :? . And even more so when the hp boost on lower END takes effect? also are knights getting lower damage to make it scale even worse for the horc? just sayin', but whatever i have a ling knight time to rape ;) .
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Thi wrote:Well, shouldn't Guardians and Cavaliers have a similar damage range since they serve similar purposes with one being pvp oriented and the other pve oriented?

I feel cavaliers are too strong right now because they provide a lot of utility with Taunt and Shield Bash, plus HP bonus and still do VERY good damage.

Alone they do okay in 1vs1 but I think with the nerf it helps overall. I think paladins still have more use as they heal too. I might do some final tweaks on it but we'll see.

2.3% agility makes it very closely matched but FAR in the lings favor anytime healing/potions are involved :? . And even more so when the hp boost on lower END takes effect? also are knights getting lower damage to make it scale even worse for the horc? just sayin', but whatever i have a ling knight time to rape ;) .

Well your ling will also have lower damage too on a knight or zerker, it's not like it just effects HOs as a whole though :P If it's too much on the other way now it's a simple change to 2.0% agility again but I think it will be fine. Both races are suited for different stuff in PVP which is OK to me.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm

ill trust your judgement, but it gets to a point where 5 agility can nullify 7 str and 500 HPs its a little one sided.

can we bring a drake-blood mage more equal to a gnome now? i just want to utilize that races worst 2 stats to the max and have it be cmpetitive :P

Man

Postby Man » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Half ORcs are completely broken int hat they're 'glass cannons' in the only stats that the classes that use them want. This class should be getting destroyed by anything that casts spells, but they don't, because spells probably don't deal enough damage.

So I question as to whether the problem is Hal-Orcs or if the problem is that spellcasters can't kill them due to their high hp before they're dead due to low armor/hp.

Maybe spellcasters damage needs to scale better.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:37 am

ive never heard anyone complain about mages vs horcs but in the same sense empowering dex to the point where 1 dex is equivilent to 1.5 str and 100 hps(1.33 end) everyone in the gd game will pick +1 dex if its available and never opt for anything else because +1 str is 8 damage as pointed out by NiteHawk and int was roughly the same on the casters i've played. personally i think it puts way too much power in saurians and dark elves(probably more well rounded with the MR) but thats my take and NH said hed just change it back if it doesn't work. so its just a wait and see.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:04 am

my horcs lose more duels than they win haha. against neutral div.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:15 am

i was far more concerned with saurian ninjas tbh, ive seen clannies run out and just slaughter with em.( now they are getting bonus hps(probs since its under avg hps). i didnt even play before the horc bandwagon but it just looks like they got over hyped because they killed the all powerful saurian monks a few times too often and just out-HP some others. but i have faith in NH, because he tries.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:19 am

i made horcs cool now everyones copying me 8-)

killa

Postby killa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:19 am

remember the nelly (rapper) bandaid phase lol

Man

Postby Man » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:56 am

I haven't a clue how half orcs do at 25, but I can point to Jr Koth where the champion for 3 weeks was a half orc and this last week another half orc destroyed everything in its path to only lose to the champion half orc. I've heard people say clerics are op, I've yet to personally see them do anything in an event outside of losing though.

Though people might not be talking about spellcasters being bad, that might be due to everyone not playing them. Recently my 24 barabarian was able to win an event filled with lvl 25 characters because my 900 hp barbarian was able to out damage the 2 spellcasters it went up against, the other person being a ranger and that class is a complete joke. Me beating spellcasters has nothing to do with my dex or their strength. As well, those 24 events normally have 2-3 spellcasters in them, which have also been able to beat the half orcs with 14 and under wisdom.

Ninja's themselves seem a bit insane. 2 stamina level 1, get 4 stamina by level 13 where every other class gets 4th stam at 25.

Necromancer - lvl 16 - 161 damage
You cast a red beam at a bullfrog for 57 points of damage!
You cast a red beam at a bullfrog for 53 points of damage!
You cast a red beam at a bullfrog for 51 points of damage!

Ninja - lvl 15 - 283 damage (plain wicked staves)
You attack a bullfrog with your wicked staff for 61 points of damage!
You attack a bullfrog with your wicked staff for 58 points of damage!
You launch into a ROUNDHOUSE KICK against a bullfrog for 105 points of damage!
You attack a bullfrog with your wicked staff for 59 points of damage!

Of course these are low levels, so damage will probably change later on. It would be helpful to see a bunch of classes/races actual damage and go from there rather than a bunch of he said she said guess work changes on the fly.

Return to “Archive Chat”