Exp and parties

TheFirstTrupain

Exp and parties

Postby TheFirstTrupain » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:11 am

Do we get bonus exp for being in a party or is it more like, just easier to do since you aren't being smacked around alone?

JadeFalcon

Re: Exp and parties

Postby JadeFalcon » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:04 pm

As far as i know, there is no bonus for leveling in parties - however, not only safer, and less boring, if you have the right team in your party (such as bards, sorcs), leveling can be faster.

Personally, i prefer it to solo leveling
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Kill experience IS increased when leveling in a party, because the kill bonus is split among the party. I'm unsure on the exact numbers, there should be a thread on it somewhere (if not NiteHawk can most likely tell you).
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:51 pm

There is a bonus but the EXP is still split. I don't remember the amount, but I think its 5% more XP per person. Don't quote me on this but I believe it starts at 110% XP and goes up 5% XP per party member added. so 2 people is 110%, 3 is 115%. etc.

Obviously the XP is split, so with two people you would get 55% XP, etc etc. It's faster then solo generally and promotes groups.

TheFirstTrupain

Postby TheFirstTrupain » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:14 am

NiteHawk wrote:There is a bonus but the EXP is still split. I don't remember the amount, but I think its 5% more XP per person. Don't quote me on this but I believe it starts at 110% XP and goes up 5% XP per party member added. so 2 people is 110%, 3 is 115%. etc.

Obviously the XP is split, so with two people you would get 55% XP, etc etc. It's faster then solo generally and promotes groups.

This bonus is for the kill exp?

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:57 pm

TheFirstTrupain wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:There is a bonus but the EXP is still split. I don't remember the amount, but I think its 5% more XP per person. Don't quote me on this but I believe it starts at 110% XP and goes up 5% XP per party member added. so 2 people is 110%, 3 is 115%. etc.

This bonus is for the kill exp?

Yes Killshot exp

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:06 pm

you are better off wasting hours looking for a party to train cuz solo isn't worth doing. a party of 3 or 4 can help you make the same exp in 10 minutes as you would grinding 2 hours alone.

which imo is bass ackwards. i dont mind it but i think the actual exp per damage should be 10x higher and the ks exp a lil lower to compensate so you arent completely screwed when noone from your guild is on.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Terron wrote:you are better off wasting hours looking for a party to train cuz solo isn't worth doing. a party of 3 or 4 can help you make the same exp in 10 minutes as you would grinding 2 hours alone.

10 minutes vs 2 hours?

One knight is kills 5 mobs in 10 minutes for 100% XP.
Two knights kill 10 mobs in 10 minutes for 55% XP per character.
Three knights kill 15 mobs in 10 minutes for 38.3% XP per character.
Four knights kill 20 mobs in 10 minutes for 30% XP per character.

I mean, yeah, it will go faster in a group, this is true. Soloing 2 hours would be about the equiv of a party of four at about 1.6 hours of leveling. I mean you can claim that some weaker classes like clerics would benefit more but there are creatures you can kill like rotten undead with smite (level 24), so it can't be too far off though I can understand especially when a cleric is not in an undead area.

completely screwed

:popcorn:

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 pm

it takes me 12 rounds on average to kill most monsters in dreads, parties of 4 nearly round them. they are killing 12x as fast. the exp isn't 1/12th as good. plus in a party theres almost 0 fk around time pausing to heal/mana up etc. if you play 3 hrs a night wasting a whole hr finding a party is still more exp than grinding 3 hrs alone/perhaps i should hve not said "waste" and took the optimist aproach and said you "gain" an hour by taking as long as it takes to find a party. but im a fan of sinical realism.

dont hate on me for playing your game and just callin it like i xp it.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:20 am

I mainly solo level, I am doing ok. I prefer solo levelling because I have more control, I can afk at the drop of a hat (to deal with brats or follow instructions from my superior). I watch movies, read stuff on the internet. I even level slow by using food and drink between fights (another reason why I solo, all this rush rush rush is bad for your digestion)...
I have killed stuff in the dreads, I cannot remember it taking 12 rounds, that'd be a bad hair day, I think, for sure. I think a lot of it might depend on class (my poor bard just lacks firepower - but he gets there in the end).
Good thing about bards is that even if you need to go afk for a lil, you will still be contributing to any party you are in! :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”