Ranger changes

Deehok

Ranger changes

Postby Deehok » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:56 pm

With the ranger I'd like to see a couple changes. The main one is can we have health colors when using /pet HP the same as in /party? Second thing is there any way to stop the combat timer from going off when your pet attacks? I find I only need like one more second to hit the pet with a decent heal but then it attacks and I get the crap heal. Maybe use charisma instead of intellect for the heal instead?

Cerebrus

Re: Ranger changes

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:13 am

It's your pet, if it's attacking something, it's going to put you in combat as well lol.

Just like in the real world, if my pitbull starts attacking someone, I'm sure I'll be fighting as well. I normally just kill the npc, pause long enough to get out of combat and shoot some good heals at it.

Personally I think it'd be a bit OP if you could heal your pet with the big heals while it's in combat.

You could always /pattack off so that it doesnt attacking anything putting you into combat ;)

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:26 am

Cerebrus wrote:It's your pet, if it's attacking something, it's going to put you in combat as well lol.

Just like in the real world, if my pitbull starts attacking someone, I'm sure I'll be fighting as well. I normally just kill the npc, pause long enough to get out of combat and shoot some good heals at it.

Personally I think it'd be a bit OP if you could heal your pet with the big heals while it's in combat.

You could always /pattack off so that it doesnt attacking anything putting you into combat ;)

Not a bad tip...

Though I still think /pet hp should have colors for health levels. Will really help when shit is scrolling, maybe it gets sent to the party window like /party does.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:43 pm

I can add pet colors for scrolling, but pets putting you in combat is correct, stop your pets from attacking if you don't want the timer.

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:21 pm

I know its correct but just something I thought would be nice if possible.

Any way to stop my pet from attacking while in a group? Group leaders have control over /pattack. Is it possible to have a separate command so I can control my pet while in a party?

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Deehok wrote:I know its correct but just something I thought would be nice if possible.

Any way to stop my pet from attacking while in a group? Group leaders have control over /pattack. Is it possible to have a separate command so I can control my pet while in a party?

I agree with this as well. The pet owner should be in control of their own pets. Not the leader of the party. Those pets don't know that person so why would they listen to them? :lol:

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:08 am

Aye it does make sense, it should be for all pets (zombies, golems) to be commanded by their owners. I know it is a convenience thing adjudicating this to the leader of the party (leader can make all pets in the party stop at once), but it makes sense also for the summoner/owner to have control.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 am

Yeah I could make it so that pattack works for regular party members on their own pets too in the future. Though leader will override it completely (and if you don't want this, don't be in their party.). So pretty much a pattack that changes the value of what a leader does, but for your pets only.

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Awesome! I think those changes would really make rangers a bit better and less of a nuisance in parties.

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:35 am

I just noticed one other thing. Why are jagged arrows soulbound? I asked a buddy to grab me a couple stacks and thats when we realized that lol.

Return to “Archive Chat”