Ranger changes

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Ranger changes

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Deehok wrote:I just noticed one other thing. Why are jagged arrows soulbound? I asked a buddy to grab me a couple stacks and thats when we realized that lol.

All arrows are soulbound. If they aren't that's a problem. Arrows are generally useless, they clutter and most people won't pick them up. On top of that you can't mix and match soulbound when it comes to stacking. It's either SB'd, or not, there is no mechanism for it otherwise. I decided since it's a cost and always dropping them would be rather annoying.

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:47 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Deehok wrote:I just noticed one other thing. Why are jagged arrows soulbound? I asked a buddy to grab me a couple stacks and thats when we realized that lol.

All arrows are soulbound. If they aren't that's a problem. Arrows are generally useless, they clutter and most people won't pick them up. On top of that you can't mix and match soulbound when it comes to stacking. It's either SB'd, or not, there is no mechanism for it otherwise. I decided since it's a cost and always dropping them would be rather annoying.

Okay makes sense but I believe the bolts you get from the new area arent soulbound.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Deehok wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:

Okay makes sense but I believe the bolts you get from the new area arent soulbound.

They should have been. I specifically remember making them soulbound because every other arrow in game is soulbound. Perhaps an old file got uploaded by mistake.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Cerebrus wrote:
Deehok wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:

They should have been. I specifically remember making them soulbound because every other arrow in game is soulbound. Perhaps an old file got uploaded by mistake.

You set the soldboundname to -1 but didn't actually set soulbind to true.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:26 pm

>.< damn builder lol

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Also could you set the pet like the golem so if it's already out it doesn't blow stamina and gives you a message?

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:38 pm

So pet comes out at full health. Just like any golem or zombie pet.

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Styx wrote:So pet comes out at full health. Just like any golem or zombie pet.

I'd love to see that too lol.

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 pm

That's something I noticed and why I'm not doing a Ranger yet, waste party time healing the pet while going around killing stuff, it's constant heal

Best group way is with a cleric so cleric keeps pet healed

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:25 am

i had an idea today about fixing ranger pets a bit. eliminating some of the problem with summoning.

ranger pets could retreat (unsummon) themselves at critically wounded. retreating to recover wounds. this would enact a cooldown effect and when timer is over, pet could be summoned again at full health. without revival attempts.

wont cover the fact that healing pet sucks but maybe theres a way to give a ranger an extra stamina that can only be used for heal pet or an ability/herb that heals a pet for 50 hps every 10 seconds.

thoughts?
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”