Idlers

Styx

Idlers

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Can it be fixed so if a person is just idle they are disconnected from the server. I've seen many just sitting in taverns and yes banks etc.

What is the point idling for an hour and not being there to play? 《Sarcasm》

Late at night there is only like 3 or so actually active people with like 10 idling?

Folder

Re: Idlers

Postby Folder » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:54 pm

I idle all the time and often come back to pages, gchat or alerts I missed. It doesn't seem a bad thing to me, shrug.
<Silhouette>

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Ok can the /who be changed so it is color for activity.

Red text people, person has not moved in 30 min and should be presumed dead. This person will not respond so dont hold your breath. They must idle to make numbers of their guild look big and elite so they are the uber

Yellow text people, person has moved within 15 min at least 1 square, they took a quick break but possibly comming back and worth sending a message.

Green text people, you are either running, fighting, texting, etc and up to 15 min break so person can go get something to eat, drink etc and come back killing stuff.

I personally don't think it's good to idle and waste the bandwidth that's being paid for by others if it's not being used. 《 Waste not want not 》

Edit, can it be done for guild on /g so peeps know your not at keyboard

Noticed times people asking if there were people and others had to answer.

And Imo if help is given it needs to be to increase the population of player base. Then we can do other things and have bigger gains. If population don't grow then game will die out.
Last edited by Styx on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Styx wrote:Ok can the /who be changed so it is color for activity.

Red text people, person has not moved in 30 min and should be presumed dead. This person will not respond so dont hold your breath. They must idle to make numbers of their guild look big and elite so they are the uber

Yellow text people, person has moved within 15 min at least 1 square, they took a quick break but possibly comming back and worth sending a message.

Green text people, you are either running, fighting, texting, etc and up to 15 min break so person can go get something to eat, drink etc and come back killing stuff.

I personally don't think it's good to idle and waste the bandwidth that's being paid for by others if it's not being used. 《 Waste not want not 》

I do like this idea. Similar to how staff show up yellow. Just assign colors to people who havent moved for a period of time.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Styx wrote:Ok can the /who be changed so it is color for activity.

That's not a bad idea I could see that being a thing. I'm sure Dustin would let us know if idle bandwidth was a real issue. He knows there are people who will help pay.
<Silhouette>

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:20 pm

It's terrible I tell you. We used 15GB of bandwidth last month. I currently pay for 20TB so I think we are fine for a while ;)

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Can we still have color change to know who is active

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Kawasaki wrote:It's terrible I tell you. We used 15GB of bandwidth last month. I currently pay for 20TB so I think we are fine for a while ;)

:lol:

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:22 pm

automatic noob(AFK) message after 15 minutes of inactivity.

/who

online users - alfred bob conny noob(AFK) zelda

/i noob

noob has been inactive for 26 minutes.
bio etc.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:11 am

Ah those pesky idlers, up to no good again!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”