A Couple Ideas

Hanibal

A Couple Ideas

Postby Hanibal » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 am

Im not sure if this has been discussed or these ideas have even come up (could have searched but I'm lazy).

Two ideas that I think might make the game better.

1. Potting at lower levels.

Would it be possible to lower the timer at lower levels so you could pot more frequently? The reason behind this is its very hard to stay alive especially against level 25 pkrs when most of them can round you especially at level 16, maybe as you increase in a level from level 16 the timer goes up enough so at 25 its what its at now, or you can use two pots before its exh.

2. Character Creation.

Yes rollers ruined the game and this point system is good but in my opinion it could use some tweeks and here's an idea I had, when creating say a dwarf druid the system picks up on those two choices and adds a couple points to what your normally given. At least you can have an alright four stat with a bit more wisdom for those much needed mana points. (Can't remember if Chr was important for a Druid)

I was not so lazy that I did read a few posts and saw it mentioned that sorc and fighter classes seem to be the only one's where you max out those important stats and maybe add a +1 to something and your done, it doesn't seem appealing to want to level a Druid or Ranger or etc and this was an idea I thought might help.

Again these idea's were probably already thrown out there or considered but I am a lazy searcher and haven't posted on here yet so there it is ;)
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

JadeFalcon

Re: A Couple Ideas

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:22 am

1. Hell no, this isnt the realm of carebears, pking is hard as it is.

2. No, due to autorollers.

And yes, you should search more often because im pretty sure ive read similar proposals, and they were shut down for the above reasons.

Anyway

Are you hanibal the cannibal? If yes, lets be friends.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:38 am

JadeFalcon wrote:1. Hell no, this isnt the realm of carebears, pking is hard as it is.

2. No, due to autorollers.

And yes, you should search more often because im pretty sure ive read similar proposals, and they were shut down for the above reasons.

Anyway

Are you hanibal the cannibal? If yes, lets be friends.

1. Pking was never easy and it shouldnt be, of all the pkrs I have encountered in this game if you fought back and they knew they couldnt win they would run pot somewhere else to refresh their timers then come back, I don't like to run, fighting is part of the game and having a small edge in those battles would hopefully make said pkrs a little bit smarter with their tatics. The edge the pkrs have is being able to round most people because of much lower hit points and not having to worry about losing XP.

2. I hated auto rollers, when I started playing RoK not knowing anyone and trying to find ways to make gold I would roll chars for people and sell them, sometimes this took hours and or days. I'm not saying bring back the rolling system but tweek it so when you pick certain classes you get a couple more points to add where they are much needed, using a druid again as an example having one with low wis fighting a mage class would be unbearable.

I am not Hanibal the cannibal, if you are referring to the Hannibal who played RoK a very long time ago during the days of old gobs. I am not him.
I am Hanibal from the clans Krusade, Tormented and a couple other clans I can't remember.
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

dunky

Postby dunky » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:2. No, due to autorollers.

I think his suggestion makes sense and has nothing to do with rollers or autorollers, so this point doesn't make sense and just comes off as jerkish.

Also, there are better ways to talk to people than just being snarky to them.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:25 pm

dunky wrote:Also, there are better ways to talk to people than just being snarky to them.

Especially since that is your speciality!

PS. I actually like your snarkiness (even as a victim), but pot calling kettle black comes to mind mate.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:53 pm

dunky wrote:Also, there are better ways to talk to people than just being snarky to them.

No there isn't.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

dunky

Postby dunky » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:20 am

daedroth wrote:

Especially since that is your speciality!

PS. I actually like your snarkiness (even as a victim), but pot calling kettle black comes to mind mate.

Which is kind of why I haven't posted much lately. Can't say anything nice, yadda yadda.

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:16 am

As far as running from a pk battle, it's called retreat.

All generals know when the battle is going bad have to have enough brains to retreat, live to fight another day and regroup, battle strategy etc. :mrgreen:

I like the idea of quickie quickie me, can't catch me

:popcorn:

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:01 am

Styx wrote:As far as running from a pk battle, it's called retreat.

All generals know when the battle is going bad have to have enough brains to retreat, live to fight another day and regroup, battle strategy etc. :mrgreen:

I like the idea of quickie quickie me, can't catch me

:popcorn:

Yeah. I actually like that - no sarcasm. I track people alot, and its good sport when, after i fail to kill them (99% of the time), they fight back, or are generally clever about trolling me.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:47 am

ah trolling.

while trolls are some of the worst experience ingame, forum trolls are surely the most exciting thing to pk. :popcorn:
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”