-Illusionist-

melee mage type.
Charisma based spellcasting (optional)
+20% MR
+20% mana

armor type - cloth/light helm/small shields
weapon types - dagger/claws/wands
mage skills - Beam/stoneskin
stamina progression same as monk.(dual claws/daggers gets 5 stamina, wand or weapon with a shield would be 4 stamina)

Prestidigitation - 5 mana per target - cast on food/ water items or mana/health potion items.

instantly converts food items to water or health potions to mana or vice versa. rarity scale of new item will not exceed the original item.

Color Spray - 25 mana - effects below

PVP - renders player names the same color as background for a "cant make out who is who" effect and eliminates noattack party for the
duration

PVE - level based percentage to disrupt a monsters attack with confusion for a duration.
(1% per level to a max of 25%, adjusted to 20% for orange monsters, 15% for red monsters and 10% for purple monsters)

Force Bubble - 10 mana - conjures a magical shield around any player absorbing 1 hit , however the hit they take, the damage is
subtracted from your mana pool.(mana pools do go negative, use with caution)

Clone - 10 mana - conjures a 1 hp clone that attacks for 1's with taunt level 2 (may be cast twice)(clones appear green to everyone and will not be considered party members. if not on same square as casting illusionist they dissipate)

Coin Trick - 5 mana - attempts to steal gold from target

Scare - 20 mana - PVP target incurs a -2 int penalty. PVE target monster flees 1 square in a random direction.

Phantasm - 25 mana - with a wand equipped an illusionist is able to conjure a vorpal shade to inflict damage to an enemy.
(10% less damage than blast)

-(possible to keep beam/phantasm as Int dependent spells as one would have to choose between magical/melee prowess which is good)
-(quite a few of the skills are defense-like buffs or skill oriented abilities, so its possible to use the classes abilities pretty well even on races with low magic ability aside from damage/debuff spells. i like open options on classes)

in review of nitehawks thread pick this as a new class :)
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Re: new class

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:14 am

Witch / Warlock

The purpose is to hex monsters and players, debilitating them in any means , and they are given one combat spell

Angel

Opposite of the hex, it can buff themselves or whole party and one combat spell

If you like it then make up spells according to what others think

I have seen some one else post this but..

Spell sword

The spell sword can debilitated all magic users, stealing the mana, and killing them, many sorc and necro need a killer

And choose what you would want

Grahf

Postby Grahf » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Awesome! I have always wanted to see this type of char but it is rarely done. This was my take on the idea; toward the bottom I have a class specific spell I'm pretty proud of lol

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=252&p=1522&hilit=blade+mage#p1522

Miach

Postby Miach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:36 am

I just don't like it. Not my style. But very interesting and I see you put a lot of thought into it!

Return to “Archive Chat”