Templing Adjustment

Miach

Templing Adjustment

Postby Miach » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:21 pm

While in a party today, we were attacked by a constantly templing slayer.

I can't think of many applications where a temple refresh every 15 seconds is required other than gate-sitting and pking. If they are to PK, they should have to use pots like everyone else. The gods would frown upon abuse of their temples.

I recommend a 5 minute cooldown on Temple Healing, it would prevent such abuse and I can't think of a way in which it hampers gameplay otherwise.

Satsujin

Re: Templing Adjustment

Postby Satsujin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:50 am

I like this idea. I'd like to see it be able to differentiate between people dying in PVE and the ones who are PVPing though, that way people who may be having a hard time leveling aren't affected if they don't want to just sit around doing nothing for a bit waiting on temple regen.

As for your current issue, I suggest summoning clannies to help you with your slayer problem, or just banking your gold and eating a little bit of experience loss. Most PKers will leave you be after they kill you once, and the ones that don't are why we have a clause in the TOS about repeated PKing.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Miach

Postby Miach » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Satsujin wrote:I like this idea. I'd like to see it be able to differentiate between people dying in PVE and the ones who are PVPing though, that way people who may be having a hard time leveling aren't affected if they don't want to just sit around doing nothing for a bit waiting on temple regen.

As for your current issue, I suggest summoning clannies to help you with your slayer problem, or just banking your gold and eating a little bit of experience loss. Most PKers will leave you be after they kill you once, and the ones that don't are why we have a clause in the TOS about repeated PKing.

Sure, and we did, but it was still annoying.

The other idea I had was putting temples farther than 5-6 rooms from the city gates. Make them run farther to temple heal.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:12 am

Miach wrote:Sure, and we did, but it was still annoying.

The other idea I had was putting temples farther than 5-6 rooms from the city gates. Make them run farther to temple heal.

I don't see the point in that. How long would it take to move an extra couple of squares?

The delay in healing would be a mixed blessing tbh, but.... would not be too bad... not entriely convinced it's needed, but I am not bothered if it gets introduced.

We need to be careful not to edge towards carebears online...
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:18 am

5 or 6 squares won't do much, yes it's annoying but it's part of the game. And after more people join the game then more party leveling can and will happen. Remember teamwork in leveling and people will go far. And also on the pk front the amount of pk will increase. It's a never ending battle.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 am

Miach wrote:
Satsujin wrote:I like this idea. I'd like to see it be able to differentiate between people dying in PVE and the ones who are PVPing though, that way people who may be having a hard time leveling aren't affected if they don't want to just sit around doing nothing for a bit waiting on temple regen.

Yeah I've said it plenty of times - Wiken was simply implemented as a stopgap leveling town and it ended up being the main place people hang out. It wasn't designed to be endgame content but got stuck that way and now you have situations like this. It's wonky and not very fun, but redesigning the area doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so ehhh :(.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:25 am

Folder wrote:
Miach wrote:

Yeah I've said it plenty of times - Wiken was simply implemented as a stopgap leveling town and it ended up being the main place people hang out. It wasn't designed to be endgame content but got stuck that way and now you have situations like this. It's wonky and not very fun, but redesigning the area doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so ehhh :(.

I'd prefer it be designed better to prevent that but right now we're lacking on builders and the ones we have that are actually active are focusing on specific things (PP area, etc)

Return to “Archive Chat”