Drop Stealing

Folder

Re: Drop Stealing

Postby Folder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:32 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I'll assume someone drop stole someone - can we be told who did it? I dont know.

I grabbed the sword on Malice. Rael (uh I think? I'm not positive, was a Defiance fellow) got killshot on it.

Would do again as has already been mentioned we worked hard for to get the dragon to severe/crit before others started showing up in force. I'm not here to do the heavy lifting while others just show up at the end to snag a lucky killshot and get loot.

Let players work this stuff out, you don't have to police everything NH.
Last edited by Folder on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:34 am

Some funny alternatives!:

Picking up an item exhausts the person and they cannot be moved (even if in a party).

An item cannot be picked up for a round.

Someone completely at random gets the items.

Everyone must fight to the death. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

*dons a fire proof coverall*
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 am

daedroth wrote:Some funny alternatives!:

Picking up an item exhausts the person and they cannot be moved (even if in a party).

I like this one honestly, gives people a chance to kill them to get the item, also with the log off timer it makes sure people can't run away and gives more competition to actually getting the item

dunky

Postby dunky » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 am

That sounds horrible. Imagine being a lucky player that managed to snag a rare item, only for everyone to turn and attack you AND you are defenseless. Why would I even want to participate at that point?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 am

dunky wrote:That sounds horrible. Imagine being a lucky player that managed to snag a rare item, only for everyone to turn and attack you AND you are defenseless. Why would I even want to participate at that point?

That is what would happen to me! Everyone hates me, even my own clan would kill me.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:17 am

I think that was a joke idea. Interesting one but still not entirely serious. I think....
<Silhouette>

Rael

Postby Rael » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Since this was brought up I will post my side of it.
I started going after the Dragon when it first hit mod (didn't no about the dragon) we had other guildies that went well before me. Every time it landed we put a group together if we could. We fought along side Silo no problem till it hit crit then the fighting started. Which was expected.
We all died on both sides some more on our side since most of us just kept hitting the dragon.
The last two times it landed and we went out I even said should be bother we don't have a big enough group and it will get drop stolen and a lot of members went no way its to big of a item to drop steal ect ect.
In the last fight I died 5 times I think but still got ks, playing a slayer makes it hard to grab things fast imo, it was picked up so fast and things where scrolling so fast I could not even see what dropped.

You can say Silo should of killed us all first or we should of killed silo all first but why you can run back in about 10 seconds. That does not solve anything. So the best item in game that a lot of people not just silo worked on goes to who ever can hold down a macro fastest?
Drop stealing was apart of rok, it is apart of ember its the worst part imo.
Is it fair if someone walks in and gets ks at last second that never laid a finger on it before not really either.

I never complained to Silo about it we had a few members very upset about it and had a few completely walk away from the game as it was the last straw for them. That is there choice but does suck in such a small game.
Will I spend countless hours trying to kill it again eh not sure at this point.

This is in no way a post trying to bash Silo I just wanted to post my view on it as the guy that got ks and to at least say we all did not all show up at crit. Sorry for any spelling mistakes ect ect I'm extremely tired.
Ps can I have my crimson blade now :) lol

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 pm

I vote leave the dropstealing mechanism intact as is. I'm not saying I like it, or want it to happen to me, or that I'll do it, but it's a game mechanic, that I believe, is what makes games like this fun.

If someone steals your stuff, don't cry and quit the game. Yea it sucks, but deal with it other ways. KOS the person or guild. Maybe DS them back? :twisted:

As for the Crimson Blade issue, Silhouette will say one thing, and Defiance will say another. etc etc etc.. There will always be two sides. No side is 100% right on the matter.

I will say this though, once one thing is drop stolen, it certainly sets a precedent.

warvor

Postby warvor » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:30 pm

the whole claiming 1 side did more damage than another is bullshit the only person who would know that info for sure would be nitehawk and im sure he isnt going to go threw logs to determine it ... i know alot of times i went to dragon there was no one but friendly people and im sure there has been the same issue on the other side of the coin ... so for any one guild to try and claim more damage is retarded cuz there is no way to truely tell unless nitehawk digs into it but im pretty sure that is a no
Balladeer.BonGod.Carmella.Confessor.Darthspawn.Doken.Grillz.Gringe.Gyko.Invixian.LeoTheLion.Nemisis.NostraDamus.Pilfer.Postal.SubZero,Sylvio,TeddyBearG,Warvor,WildWill

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Killa, bro, you need to learn to either finish your train of thought before you hit submit, or learn to use the edit key. Posting four or five times rapid fire like that just makes you look like a dumbass.

As for the rest of you, if you want to discuss an actual solution to drop stealing that doesn't turn the game into Carebears Online, you are more than welcome to do so. But you're going to do so like the grown ass men you are, not like a bunch of three year olds fighting over a dollie.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Return to “Archive Chat”