Drop Stealing

Rael

Re: Drop Stealing

Postby Rael » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:12 pm

I never complained to staff once about that or made a post about it. Its not against the rules so why would complain to staff? You made the post i just posted my side and what i thought.
only staff i talked to was cowboy while he was on sage right after and we shot the shit he got me the specs of the sword.
Btw you can say clear a area but how when its 20 squares from town and you can be back in 10 seconds after dieing lol.
This is my last post concerning the sword but would be game to discuss the future and if any changes should be made.

Eld

Postby Eld » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Rael wrote:Btw you can say clear a area but how when its 20 squares from town and you can be back in 10 seconds after dieing lol.

That's actually a really good point. I think during the instance where this 2nd Crimson Dragon died Silhouette were actually trying to kill off the other clans nearby, but where it was so close to the town the other clans were able to run back in seconds.
I'm not sure if you yourself died a few times during this Rael?

In future it might be worth spawning the dragon further from town to prevent this?

Previously I liked the proposed changes to KS getting the item, but after the discussion above I've changed my mind.
At this stage i think my personal preference is the item drops from the Crimson Dragon remain as is so there's no affect on the PVP aspects and other issues that have been discussed above.

I would however support the creation of some sort of statue or memorial in game that commemorates the person who got KS on the dragon, i think this would fit well lore wise and would be a badass reward in itself.

I'm not sure if you'd have a separate statue on each individual square that the Crimson Dragon died saying something like:
"Here is the spot where the great Crimson Dragon fell after the great warrior Rael landed the killing blow. ELITE_KILLER6969 was able to cause the most damage to the dragon"

Alternatively you could do one big statue in like a Capital city that commemorates all the Dragon Killers?

Edit:
But would this then screw over the support classes and mean noone wants to priest/minstrel/etc. because they won't get their name in game? ARGH!
Fuckit, I give up, no toys for anyone!

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Rael wrote:I never complained to staff once about that or made a post about it. Its not against the rules so why would complain to staff? You made the post i just posted my side and what i thought.
only staff i talked to was cowboy while he was on sage right after and we shot the shit he got me the specs of the sword.
Btw you can say clear a area but how when its 20 squares from town and you can be back in 10 seconds after dieing lol.
This is my last post concerning the sword but would be game to discuss the future and if any changes should be made.

I didn't mean to imply you were the one complaining to staff, but I can see how it came across like that. My apologies. My intent was simply to disagree on you saying I would feel different if the situation were reversed, because I wouldn't.

You can certainly run back quickly. I mean you'll end up with -10 stats if you die repeatedly but you can still be a pain in the ass if you really want to. Not much to do about that I think.

Eld wrote:I would however support the creation of some sort of statue or memorial in game that commemorates the person who got KS on the dragon, i think this would fit well lore wise and would be a badass reward in itself.

I'm not sure if you'd have a separate statue on each individual square that the Crimson Dragon died saying something like:
"Here is the spot where the great Crimson Dragon fell after the great warrior Rael landed the killing blow. ELITE_KILLER6969 was able to cause the most damage to the dragon"

Alternatively you could do one big statue in like a Capital city that commemorates all the Dragon Killers?

Edit:
But would this then screw over the support classes and mean noone wants to priest/minstrel/etc. because they won't get their name in game? ARGH!
Fuckit, I give up, no toys for anyone!

I like the idea, but yes it does still leave supports out. I don't think it's the end of the world in this case though as the reward is purely for vanity.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:28 am

Eh... change the death mechanics again, so once you die x amount of times you cannot move until x amount of time has passed? :D

As for my funny alternative, I was only half joking about the top two (but it should only be done on major items if at all, and either way I do not really care, but the item going to kser... I really do not like that idea):

Picking up an item exhausts the person and they cannot be moved (even if in a party).

An item cannot be picked up for a round.

Hmmm... how about needing to "search" for an item, item remains invisible till found (be even funnier if you actually needed to pass an INT test... support classes ftw!)
There are flaws to that idea, as a clanny pointed out. I would find it annoying for one (extra hassle, extra time wasted). :D

I do not think there is a good solution to this, so my vote is keep as is (apart from the very top idea).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Rael

Postby Rael » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:49 am

Yes i did die twice and ran back.
If we dont want mechanic's changed or how items are dropped, how about how we fight world walkers?
This is just a rough idea. All towns that the dragons land near has a battle station lets say. You grab the quest and you get a item that allows you to enter the area or attact the dragon.
You can get one of these per day per character. It stops the returning of characters over and over, promotes pvp. What ever town it lands near is where you have to get quest.
Something like that makes sense town folks and warrior's running out to protect there town and homes. This is still a very rough idea but does solve alot of problems.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 am

@Rael... not too bad an idea. If it was one a day though it would take a VERY long time to kill the walkers.
It just does not fit though, it would make it more like an event, as in a staff run event, not quite sure it meshes well.
That is my opinion though and I am sure plenty of people dislike my ideas given.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:30 am

Taking into account previous arguments etc, perhaps a good solution would be to diversify the benefits/drops of a worldboss and make the worldboss recurring so the benefits can be cumulatively experienced....

For example, there is an arcane blacksmith NPC somewhere that can make a 'crimson blade' or 'crimson armor' etc out of say 70 'crimson scales'... then the crimson dragon drops X number of 'crimson scales' each time it lands and is attacked successfully (these can be dropstolen and will drop 100% of time if holder is killed)... and the total number of scales dropped b4 worldboss dies is say 100 (meaning effectively one item per worldboss spawn, but consolation 30 scales for ppl who put work in so they could still cash in next time it spawns).

A system like this could:
1. preserve the PVP competition element and the motivation to hit the worldboss even if it isnt on critical hp
2. continue to reward/incentivize people to participate in attacking it - because even if you don't reach the 70 scales to craft the weapon this time, you and your guild can still get something out of it to work towards complete your weapon/armor next time.
3. allow minor guilds or individual players the incentive to sill participate (eg if Guild A holds 60 scales, Guild B holds 30 scales, Guild C holds 8 scales and Individual D holds 2 scales... then there is economy for Guild A to offer gold etc to Guild C / Individual D to buy scales... or alternatively Guild C / Individual D could just hold their scales and work their way up to 70 over multiple spawnings)

The above numbers/scaling of drops etc are just for example... Am pretty new to EO but just thought id throw in a few thoughts that seem to me could result in more happy players without killing the PVP competitiveness or economy of the game. Basically the suggested idea is one where more people can experience fulfillment for their work in attacking a worldboss by sharing in a more diversified benefit than just a single item drop (and players feeling 'fulfilment' is essential to attracting and retaining playerbase)... Anyhoo... just my initial 2 cents... will defer to others to point out whether such an idea has large shortcomings.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 am

Someone in clan had a simlar idea to anthriel's.
I love sheep.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 am

The issue with making the crimson items craftable without the dragon having to die is that you remove any motivation to kill him, since he takes a week from time of death to respawn. It would be much easier to keep farming him by beating him down while healers keep healing him back up. Everyone would get their scales, and since they don't need to kill him to get the weapons, he would never be killed.

Now, making him drop things that lead to craftable items that aren't as good as the crimson ones, but still give some kind of motivation to go seek him out? I can get behind that, because in order to get the good items you do still have to kill him and lose a week of scale farming.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:14 am

Satsujin wrote:The issue with making the crimson items craftable without the dragon having to die is that you remove any motivation to kill him, since he takes a week from time of death to respawn. It would be much easier to keep farming him by beating him down while healers keep healing him back up. Everyone would get their scales, and since they don't need to kill him to get the weapons, he would never be killed.

Now, making him drop things that lead to craftable items that aren't as good as the crimson ones, but still give some kind of motivation to go seek him out? I can get behind that, because in order to get the good items you do still have to kill him and lose a week of scale farming.

Yeah I take your point. Though I was suggesting a max of 100 scale drops per dragon anyway so after that it would stop dropping (no point healing)... but yes i do agree there would probably need to be a good incentive to go for the killshot too... perhaps PP... or a drop of a certain item that is required to finish the crafting (eg crimson blade hilt or crimson armor base etc)... or your suggestion of being able to craft slightly lesser weapons from the scales with a more unique weapon dropping upon kill could be workable too (but could still result in angry ppl who miss out the chance to get the unique item altogether rather than merely having that chance deferred until the next spawning or spawnings).

Return to “Archive Chat”