Drop Stealing

daedroth

Re: Drop Stealing

Postby daedroth » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:29 am

JadeFalcon wrote:
Mujahideen wrote:Give them longer death exh.

I totally agree with this - but for all 25ers.
Fear is good.

Sounds good, I could watch more of a movie in between deaths.
Maybe manicure my nails.
I die a lot.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 am

Not sure how I missed this before but after talking to nitehawk about these ideas he suggested I checkout this tread.

NiteHawk wrote:Crafting doesn't need the AQ system. I mean, we already do crafting with scripts, it's the same thing, just change blank scrolls with scales, and the actual scroll created with an item created.

I disagree with 'Dragon Scales' as a general thing. Crimson Dragon should drop Crimson Scales. All the weapons do something differently. Dragon Scales however COULD be a general drop that is needed for all the items and all dragons drop it, and then crimson scales could be the additional add but I don't really think that's needed. I'd rather just have more crimson scales drop for grabbing.

I don't know how I feel about the locking room. I 'can' do this, but is it the best option? You shift the drop stealing from a thief who was sitting there now to who the largest guild is in the room currently. I think it's better BUT I again see issues with it. Yes Folder, there is always going to be a big clan in all situations but we don't need to cator to them if we can avoid it. They already get bonuses by being large in events and other things.

IF we do go the locking root, part of me feels that locking the room completely is a bad lore idea. Instead, the item should bind the player to the ground for 30 seconds, lets say as he/she works on picking it up and it's heavy or that a special force surrounds them as they get it. I don't really know, but it would be that only the player getting the item is bound. They can still fight/heal though. I only wanna prevent movement, not full para.

This means that you'd actively have to hold the item for 30 seconds to obtain it. So if someone drops it, another has to attempt to pick it up and deal with the 30 second bind. Obviously when you are binded, party moving won't work. This ain't ROK right. The negative with this however is if you drop it and pick it up elsewhere it will bind you for 30 seconds as its a general script and I can't really do flags on items like that. However, I can ensure that if you drop it in a safe area like a city that isn't imposed. I don't see people dropping the scales on the floor anyways, that would probably be stupid.

So to sum up what I'm thinking via what everyone has been talking about for a mix/match system.

World Walker/World Walker Drop Changes
1. Scales would drop instead, more then one. Makes a market.
2. Picking up a scale in a unsafe area will bind you to the room for 30 seconds.
3. Multiple scales are needed to make an item.
4. Instead of having a boss that takes 2 months to kill, it can be more like 1-2 weeks. Because we use scales now, it could take a 2-4 crimson kills to actually make one item. AKA we can balance the items via its HP and amount of scales needed. Obviously these items should be tougher to obtain so we need a time to earn one item. I think it needs to be high as these items are generally 'radiant oads with teeth'. We don't need to reduce the time though, but people might attack it more and it might become more competitive if they see the HP dropping more often then not. What is a good time?

I think we can avoid the weird names and keep them general if we have the bind in a room for 30 seconds bit.

Here is a drop stealing mechanic for general items I want to do, how would people feel about this:
Right now to get an item it unhides you. This is a step in the right direction but maybe we need to be more harsh. How about you should have to unhide first to get an item, which would mean you are doing two actions, which is a delay. Is that a good idea on top to help with drop stealing in general (because obviously in other areas we won't do this dragon scale thing everywhere, would be annoying.)

I think this also makes it so a player cannot spam, they have to TIME their drop steal for when its about to die. They cannot simply unhide randomly so they cannot just spam a get key. It is actually a simple solution to the current mechanic. Obviously you can unhide by talking, but also I will make a simple /unhide command. I feel like this way it is at LEAST on pair with someone killing it. As they have two actions as well and often will not be spamming the get key, though if someone unhidden is, it's to their benefit as they are UNHIDDEN anyways and everyone is aware that they are there.

I like all the above I just wanted to add a few things that might make the system even more fair for all.

I think the reasoning behind having diff names is so players can't just macro pickup "crimson" and get all the loot. The idea is have a few diff named objects so even if it is macroed they would only get one of them. This could also be bypassed if once you pickup any dragon scale not only are you bound to that ground for 30 seconds but also cannot pickup any more items. this would ensure spread of the items and actually discourage just blind clicking to pickup (especially if it dropped a few trash items).

The other addition that I love and I think would totally improve the whole system would be milestone drops meaning once the npc hits slight, mod, critical, etc it would drop a random scale or something. This would give players incentive to kill it the whole time not just after players have worked on getting it to critical. this is a huge complaint I see and this would basically solve that if done right.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 am

I like the mod/severe/crit thing Lat. It would need to be coded to only do it once of course, otherwise you could get something mod > heal to slight > get to mod, etc.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am

Sounds good Lat.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:40 am

thumbs up
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Return to “Archive Chat”