pk ideas thread

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: pk ideas thread

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Hanibal wrote:The rule says you can pk someone up to 3 times in one hour, that doesn't mean you have to.

Aha, and this is the other side of it. It also doesn't mean they cannot. (Tis why we have rules, if its under this, its life as such. And the reason why we should see about something else so less staff interaction is needed but the threat of being PKed and Loss is still there to a point.)

warvor

Postby warvor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:17 pm

run for town thats funny when you may be lvling near ark and the pker sits outside the shop bank or temple and attacks you just as you leave and who the hell willing wants to lose 2 mil experience everytime they get killed exspecially if they are say 10 mil from 25 dont worry only comment im making cuz i dont wish to get banned and im sure this post wont be here long
Balladeer.BonGod.Carmella.Confessor.Darthspawn.Doken.Grillz.Gringe.Gyko.Invixian.LeoTheLion.Nemisis.NostraDamus.Pilfer.Postal.SubZero,Sylvio,TeddyBearG,Warvor,WildWill

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm

warvor wrote:run for town thats funny when you may be lvling near ark and the pker sits outside the shop bank or temple and attacks you just as you leave and who the hell willing wants to lose 2 mil experience everytime they get killed exspecially if they are say 10 mil from 25 dont worry only comment im making cuz i dont wish to get banned and im sure this post wont be here long

I was going to delete your comment but it's only borderline dumb.

Who cares if they are 1mil to level 25 and die to a PKer. That is IMO, life if it was under the rules. Losing XP is life in the game. Again, the amount you should lose, lets say per hour, is up for discussion, or another method of prevention so it's not exactly unfair for the pk'd

There are also other areas people can level in. There is no way one pker can kill someone fast enough if they run past them, even if they are camping right outside. A level 24 or 23 alt isn't going to insta-die to a level 25er.

I feel like one side is going too carebear and thinks the game has to be baby mode, and the other side is going 'I'm going to slaughter the whole world with a rusty butterknife'.

warvor

Postby warvor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:33 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
warvor wrote:run for town thats funny when you may be lvling near ark and the pker sits outside the shop bank or temple and attacks you just as you leave and who the hell willing wants to lose 2 mil experience everytime they get killed exspecially if they are say 10 mil from 25 dont worry only comment im making cuz i dont wish to get banned and im sure this post wont be here long

I was going to delete your comment but it's only borderline dumb.

Who cares if they are 1mil to level 25 and die to a PKer. That is IMO, life if it was under the rules. Losing XP is life in the game. Again, the amount you should lose, lets say per hour, is up for discussion, or another method of prevention so it's not exactly unfair for the pk'd

There are also other areas people can level in. There is no way one pker can kill someone fast enough if they run past them, even if they are camping right outside. A level 24 or 23 alt isn't going to insta-die to a level 25er.

I feel like one side is going too carebear and thinks the game has to be baby mode, and the other side is going 'I'm going to slaughter the whole world with a rusty butterknife'.

excuse me this morning i turned in a quest and left the shop before i could hit the south button i was killed by a pker that fast also that is an in acurate statement when the pker i have been being annoyed by is backstabbing me for 500+ each hit and i only have say 900 health at 23 or 24 ... and i was refering to who is going to deliberately try and get pked when only 10 mil from 25 ... and yes i have been pked at 1 mil away hell ive even been pked as i was going to guild to lvl but again i am done talking
Balladeer.BonGod.Carmella.Confessor.Darthspawn.Doken.Grillz.Gringe.Gyko.Invixian.LeoTheLion.Nemisis.NostraDamus.Pilfer.Postal.SubZero,Sylvio,TeddyBearG,Warvor,WildWill

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Hanibal wrote:The rule says you can pk someone up to 3 times in one hour, that doesn't mean you have to.

Aha, and this is the other side of it. It also doesn't mean they cannot. (Tis why we have rules, if its under this, its life as such. And the reason why we should see about something else so less staff interaction is needed but the threat of being PKed and Loss is still there to a point.)

What I meant by that was and I'm going to use an example for this, lets say you and your buddies are going to a dance bar but you can't dance, so you don't but after you have a few beer you forget that you can't dance so do it anyway.

Now when I say you can't dance i mean your really terrible at it and shouldnt.

Never mind that doesnt make any sense, or does it?

Yeah, maybe less exp loss per death or something like that. First death whatever the exp loss is now, 2nd death 75% of that, 3rd 25%?

To me its not about the exp loss as much as not being able to defend yourself at lower levels, maybe this could be fixed with higher hp pots .

Another thing i noticed when lvling a caster, you cant use a hp pot after taking a mana pot and vice versa, maybe there's a way of tweeking that, probably be good for people who have guards /protecting low lvls.
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 pm

I wouldn't mind an exp loss cut off. I PK a lot in the game, as I did in RoK. I enjoy tracking people, sneaking around, ect.. It is fun to me. I normally won't kill anyone more than once every few hours unless they goad me into it, then I will kill them twice. My point is, maybe exp loss could be time based. For instance you can't lose exp more than once or twice per hour.

I think limiting pking more would be bad for the game, but taking away some of the penalty might be ok. There still needs to be danger, but it doesn't have to be horridly brutal either. There just needs to be a middle ground in there. I think limiting exp loss by the hour lessens some of the overbearing brutality of being killed multiple times, but keeps the same danger, because you only really have an hour before it can happen again.

Personally I would suggest twice per hour, just because normally that's the max I would kill someone anyways. That suggestion is obviously very biased as it fits my play style lol. Anyways just a suggestion.

Also lower levels have fended me off many times by being in a group lvling. Maybe there could be some kind of grouping system(i.e. a way for players within a certain lvl range to find one another or chat.) It's very rare to round someone on a slayer, it does happen, and is when a pk normally works. It is not that common though. When there is a group of at least three lower levels they can usually run me off or outright kill me if I'm not able to flee back into the shadows fast enough lol.
Last edited by Reaper on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jalilah

Postby Jalilah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Ok. I was trying to stay off of this but in regards to your comment NH, How would you like to be followed from area to area? No one has objected the PKing part of this at all, the whole reason it was brought to attention was due to the harassment that is dealt with when someone follows you from area to area and within say 10 minutes of the 3PKs in an hour rule your killed twice more, because they love to follow you when you decide to fight back they log off said character while your hunting them. So this is a suggestion, how about you put in a timer that doesn't allow said person following you to log off immediately after the last PK? I say this, because as I have stated said people will log off just to avoid being hunted back by a 25er.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:48 pm

warvor wrote:excuse me this morning i turned in a quest and left the shop before i could hit the south button i was killed by a pker that fast also that is an in acurate statement when the pker i have been being annoyed by is backstabbing me for 500+ each hit and i only have say 900 health at 23 or 24 ... and i was refering to who is going to deliberately try and get pked when only 10 mil from 25 ... and yes i have been pked at 1 mil away hell ive even been pked as i was going to guild to lvl but again i am done talking

If you had 900HP health how did you die to one backstab at 500HP? You must of been moving slow enough for him to attack you a second time. In the end though you did choose to level there too.

Another thing i noticed when lvling a caster, you cant use a hp pot after taking a mana pot and vice versa, maybe there's a way of tweeking that, probably be good for people who have guards /protecting low lvls.

Yeah, thats how it will stay too. It would be a bit too unbalanced otherwise I feel. Higher pots would just benefit level 25'ers though and then in level 25 vs level 25 fights it would go on forever, even more so then it could now. I get where you are coming from but both solutions aren't good ones to prevent anything.

I wouldn't mind an exp loss cut off. I PK a lot in the game, as I did in RoK. I enjoy tracking people, sneaking around, ect.. It is fun to me. I normally won't kill anyone more than once every few hours unless they goad me into it, then I will kill them twice. My point is, maybe exp loss could be time based. For instance you can't lose exp more than once or twice per hour.

I think limiting pking more would be bad for the game, but taking away some of the penalty might be ok. There still needs to be danger, but it doesn't have to be horridly brutal either. There just needs to be a middle ground in there. I think limiting exp loss by the hour lessens some of the overbearing brutality of being killed multiple times, but keeps the same danger, because you only really have an hour before it can happen again.

Personally I would suggest twice per hour, just because normally that's the max I would kill someone anyways. That suggestion is obviously very biased as it fits my play style lol. Anyways just a suggestion.

I agree, I don't want to make it fluff mode, but there does need to be a limit to loss. A person shouldn't lose 10 million in 20 minutes, that's a kick in the teeth and we know people will kill everyone, including newbies. Some sort of middle ground is what I'm after if we do go the XP adjustments route.

Ok. I was trying to stay off of this but in regards to your comment NH, How would you like to be followed from area to area? No one has objected the PKing part of this at all, the whole reason it was brought to attention was due to the harassment that is dealt with when someone follows you from area to area and within say 10 minutes of the 3PKs in an hour rule your killed twice more, because they love to follow you when you decide to fight back they log off said character while your hunting them. So this is a suggestion, how about you put in a timer that doesn't allow said person following you to log off immediately after the last PK? I say this, because as I have stated said people will log off just to avoid being hunted back by a 25er.

You are claiming someone has been killed 5 times in an hour by a hunter but without proof. I'm waiting for proof. I don't believe you here. Stalking and tracking are a part of the game though. Surely you can get a friend to fade you if you really need too. Or run through water areas, as they will lose tracking there (Yes! Water removing tracking is a thing.)

The timer thing really doesn't make any sense to me either. There is a timer when you log off, making it so that you can't log off an alt for more then a few seconds to me is really really odd. It doesn't solve anything. Just makes it an annoyance to anyone who kills someone and has to wait 2 minutes to switch to another character. That's how you make a game painful to play IMO. There is a timer if you log off. Regardless it's 10 seconds in an unsafe area. If you keep attacking them, the timer resets. They cannot log off in an area. So if they are leveling, they can't just log off. You or them. I think this is fair enough when it comes to times.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Random point too, I don't think a loss should ever be 0% either. I have a feeling people would come endlessly, but I would think that it would cause people to troll after the third death by being upset. Unless the PKer's simply like killing them and its not a problem, then it would be free game regardless. But even at it's low, it could still have a low effect.

I.E.
Death 1: 100%
Death 2: 100%.
Death 3: 50%
Death 4+: 5-10%.. or 0% depending on what we feel.

But we're just talking about XP atm, maybe there are other things we can do too that could be better. I'm open for ideas. Just remember, dying is apart of the game and there has to be loss to that.

warvor

Postby warvor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:14 pm

nh you and ppl in game like to use the term carebear it but i will clerify i dont mind the pking hell i could get pked by 10 ppl i wouldnt have as big an issue where i have the big issue is when the same guy or few guys are attacking me all day everyday from time they log on til time they log off is where my complaint comes in for example last week every hr with in 5 to ten minutes of previous time i was killed or ran from a pker he was showing up again and either killed me or i got away and the next hr same thing all freaking day ... cuz most players that i know like to pk will pk a person then go about their day but there are 2 currently kill or not will keep hurassing a target all day and that is what will hurt the game i know i keep saying i wont respond again for fear of ban but im doing my best to keep my calm yet state my point without names or foul language

Return to “Archive Chat”