pk ideas thread

killa

pk ideas thread

Postby killa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:16 pm

I have a small idea (well a guildy did) that could be beneficial and might be easy to implement. What about the pot timer being adjusted by LEVEL. Lower levels (16) can use potions faster cooldown time then the higher your level is it continues to rise in time between pots until it hits 25. This way people being attacked have an opportunity to slam some potions to stay alive. EG. Level 16 5 seconds between potions. Level 25 15 seconds between potions. (I don't know what it is now I'm just making an example)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: pk ideas thread

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm

killa wrote:I have a small idea (well a guildy did) that could be beneficial and might be easy to implement. What about the pot timer being adjusted by LEVEL. Lower levels (16) can use potions faster cooldown time then the higher your level is it continues to rise in time between pots until it hits 25. This way people being attacked have an opportunity to slam some potions to stay alive. EG. Level 16 5 seconds between potions. Level 25 15 seconds between potions. (I don't know what it is now I'm just making an example)

I get you here but this doesn't help. Faster cooldown times won't save you and I don't want that. It can be abused and it's a real weird way of doing things I feel. A level 16 is going to get rounded anyways normally by two level 25ers. I don't think the issue is the death itself, everyones gonna get PK'd. There needs to be a limit or perhaps EXP loss prevention or something.. Though this doesn't solve the mass pking itself for example.

Again it's really hard to balance though. There won't be a /nopk thing, I think that's goofy too for a PK game.

Edit: Deleting 3 posts already.

killa

Postby killa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 pm

XP Loss prevention is a good idea. After you get pked x amount of times it turns off xp loss. Possibly the same with dropping gold. This idea very good 8-) Then the do nothing but pk all day people like tyrargo could continue and be happy and the people who want to play the actual game and enjoy the pve aspects could as well.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:43 pm

killa wrote:XP Loss prevention is a good idea. After you get pked x amount of times it turns off xp loss. Possibly the same with dropping gold. This idea very good 8-) Then the do nothing but pk all day people like tyrargo could continue and be happy and the people who want to play the actual game and enjoy the pve aspects could as well.

Theres an issue on how it's dealt with though.

For example, is it clan based, is it an overall thing, etc. It's hard to balance it if its an overall thing, and I don't think it should be either. If one guild kills you 2 times, and another guild kills you 2 times, I don't see that being wrong.

killa

Postby killa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:49 pm

The pkers not going to know if you are losing xp or not (unless they have killed you the x amount of times to trigger it) So it wouldn't matter how many people from how many different guilds kills you, you aren't going to care because you aren't losing xp and they aren't going to know or care they just want the "thrill of the kill" or whatever drops/gold. I mean its tough and I hate to even be talking about it I understand its a pk game nobody thinks I get that and it makes me lol... Its the harassment of certain people constantly by certain people. Maybe we hire a ember online mediator/counselor lol...

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:55 pm

We've now developed an interesting situation where people WANT to get PKd so they can go to staff and get someone banned for it.

Lessening the XP loss could be a thing, but end of the day I really think people need to toughen up. IMO Ember would be pretty damn boring without the risk of being killed when you are outside cities, so I don't think we should do anything to curb PKing further. I think the game needs that feeling of danger.

People can group up, they can run (save stam if you feel you must), they can level in lesser traveled areas, they can call for help as needed. Get a 25er guildie to help you out if PKers are hunting. You can do things to minimize how much you are PKd.

Or people can just throw themselves at PKers and try to get them banned, cause that's a thing now I guess :roll:.
<Silhouette>

killa

Postby killa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:00 pm

funny thing is nobody wants to get anyone banned they just want to be left alone so they can enjoy the game. and toughen up? cmon... I had one ufc comment once you tried to get me banned for it lol. also everytime anyone logs a 25er after getting pked, the pkers bring entire guild. and yes I admit your guild is much bigger than ours, you win #winning. so we cant bring an army to defend, just cant do it, is not the people to do it!

killa

Postby killa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm exiting this conversation right now don't worry. I know when jake comes to argue I just lose and/or get banned.

I do hope this thread can be productive though, at least its in the open now.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Folder wrote:We've now developed an interesting situation where people WANT to get PKd so they can go to staff and get someone banned for it.

Lessening the XP loss could be a thing, but end of the day I really think people need to toughen up. IMO Ember would be pretty damn boring without the risk of being killed when you are outside cities, so I don't think we should do anything to curb PKing further. I think the game needs that feeling of danger.

People can group up, they can run (save stam if you feel you must), they can level in lesser traveled areas, they can call for help as needed. Get a 25er guildie to help you out if PKers are hunting. You can do things to minimize how much you are PKd.

Or people can just throw themselves at PKers and try to get them banned, cause that's a thing now I guess :roll:.

Unfortunately the way I see it is that if the PKers are staying in one area is their call. Just because someone is running around them doesn't mean they need to die. The PKers choose to stay in one area and as long as the person getting killed doesn't agress, that's pretty much life, again they can move. I will make a /ignore that works with all chat though, that would probably be a good idea.

The rules are the rules, regardless of how it's dealt with.

I think it's a bit easy to say they can be defended though. I think if they were to bring 2-3 guys, a larger guild would counter it and kill them. Perfectly fine, but what I'm saying is it's hard to defend when you're the small fry. How do you toughen up if your killed 4 times in 15 minutes? What if that constantly happened to newbies every hour, do you truly think they would continue to play the game if they lost more XP than they made and couldn't step outside without being hunted every hour?

I fully agree that there needs to be a threat, and people crying about one or two deaths, who cares. There SHOULD be danger, there SHOULD be loss, but what I'm saying is, how much loss will make a new player stop playing the game? At what point is it excessive? What if all your guildies kill one guy twice per hour, and you have lets say 15 guild mates, is that fair?

And I'm not making a attack, I'm actually being serious. What is too much? There needs to be some sort of rules. New players cannot be killed endlessly. It's not fair to them if they can never progress. You can go into an arena for a little while, but ultimately that can be boring if you can never leave a city.

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Folder wrote:We've now developed an interesting situation where people WANT to get PKd so they can go to staff and get someone banned for it.

Nobody wants to get pk'd on purpose, if there's a quest line in a certain town chances are you need to level or complete said quests in that area so really it isn't that hard to find someone.

I don't like to run when someone is trying to pk me unless its to heal so I can actually fight back but when there are two people hunting you in the same area that makes it a bit difficult.

Some of us are still fairly new and are trying to train up different classes, enjoy the game a little bit.
This is very hard when the same people are chasing you around all the time, I did most of the things you suggested, started lvling in GY was pkd so went to another town and was followed there.

The rule says you can pk someone up to 3 times in one hour, that doesn't mean you have to.
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

Return to “Archive Chat”