/look spam

Tucker

Re: /look spam

Postby Tucker » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Roxette wrote:I wish there was a "Custom" chat window tab, where you could decide what you see. If I'm on my slayer, I don't care who I miss backstabs on, I really just care about the one that land. Sometimes I don't want to see pages or guild chat for that matter! :lol:

Yeah that'd actually be really tight. Priests for example could not show misses but only show hits. I'd remove the look text of everything tbh and prolly remove the misses, fizzles, and heals maybe. I could switch to that mode during busy combat (dragon, than, oads, big fights)

Roxette

Postby Roxette » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 am

Tucker wrote:Yeah that'd actually be really tight.

I just figured that would have been suggested already, and tbh I was kinda lazy to look through the message boards bc it wasn't super important to me. Maybe it'll make its way over there!
Roxette Drow Ice Slayer - Co-Leader of Revolution - Manager of Fun Having!

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:28 am

Yes Torm have been Drop Stealing and Healing bosses, why wouldn't we? Return the favor?

Problem is, it's ok for others to do it until it starts to affect themselves. That is the issue here.
Aftershock

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:37 am

My 2cents

a) I want to be a sperg when i grow up!!

b) We can all agree that spamming text to an individual or a group (whereas its pages, look, or repeating text) shouldn't be allowed and is harassment.

c) Healing dragon - I've seen this done by both Torm and Silo, and i did it myself. Lets not be moralist here.
That said, its a "legal" tactical choice, no one should be banned for it. However, it will detract from the game objective (we are supposed to kill it). I think therefore the Dragon should be made immune to heals, or to make it deadly, make the square where he sits disable heals.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:25 am

JadeFalcon wrote:My 2cents

c) Healing dragon - I've seen this done by both Torm and Silo, and i did it myself. Lets not be moralist here.
That said, its a "legal" tactical choice, no one should be banned for it. However, it will detract from the game objective (we are supposed to kill it). I think therefore the Dragon should be made immune to heals, or to make it deadly, make the square where he sits disable heals.

Torm now heal the Dragon because Silho started to do it. If Silho stop, Torm will.

Spamming look over - A Tactical choice, it stops you seeing called Targets and seeing who is getting attacked.
That said, its a "Legal" Tactical choice, no one should be banned for it. However, it will detract from the game objective (The winners still standing should be victorious). I think therefore the /ignore system is expanded to Look over, Guild Chat and Regular Chat. (If you ignore said person, why should you see their Guild Chat or Reg?)

See where this is going?
Aftershock

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 am

cadabra wrote:
Torm now heal the Dragon because Silho started to do it. If Silho stop, Torm will.

I'm just a soldier, if i'm told to stop ill stop, if not, i dont mind doing it -and if its done to "me", hey such is life.

cadabra wrote:Spamming look over - A Tactical choice, it stops you seeing called Targets and seeing who is getting attacked.
That said, its a "Legal" Tactical choice, no one should be banned for it. However, it will detract from the game objective (The winners still standing should be victorious). I think therefore the /ignore system is expanded to Look over, Guild Chat and Regular Chat. (If you ignore said person, why should you see their Guild Chat or Reg?)

See where this is going?

Yes. Your workaround on spamming is better than mine.
Still, anything that isn't explicitly against the ToS is fair game, in my opinion.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 am

:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 am

cadabra wrote:
JadeFalcon wrote:My 2cents

Spamming look over - A Tactical choice, it stops you seeing called Targets and seeing who is getting attacked.

See where this is going?

This logic makes my brain hurt, plz stop.
<Silhouette>

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aftershock

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:29 am

Actually yesterday I made certain mobs immune to being healed. Dunno if it works yet, haven't tested.

Custom tabs would be swell but it involves making all the messages unique to one another so they know what is what past the general attack/etc. It's a good idea but it would involve changing ALL messages in game now which is simply too much work right now.

In the near future I can expand /ignore though.

Spamming look over - A Tactical choice, it stops you seeing called Targets and seeing who is getting attacked. )

Are you being serious right now?

Return to “Archive Chat”