Pre Bound Quest Rewards

daedroth

Pre Bound Quest Rewards

Postby daedroth » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:17 pm

I dont think Pre-Bound Quest rewards are a good idea. Well... maybe just my opinion. It means I will be skipping even more quests.

Lore reason why it is not a good idea though: To have something bound to you, you need to equip it. I never equiped the quest reward, so why is it bound to me? :P

If this stays could there be a warning that the item will come bound to the quest completer, and therefore no use for anyone else; so choose with care?

Anyway, there you go. My opinion.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Tucker

Re: Pre Bound Quest Rewards

Postby Tucker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:24 pm

daedroth wrote:I dont think Pre-Bound Quest rewards are a good idea. Well... maybe just my opinion. It means I will be skipping even more quests.

Lore reason why it is not a good idea though: To have something bound to you, you need to equip it. I never equiped the quest reward, so why is it bound to me? :P

If this stays could there be a warning that the item will come bound to the quest completer, and therefore no use for anyone else; so choose with care?

It's wise because then people would just run all the quests with their Ninjas/25ers that have relevant rewards for a leveling crit (quests that reward x weapon or armor). I know I actually planned on doing that on my leveling crits and noticed it auto-soul-binds to the character.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Tucker wrote:
daedroth wrote:I dont think Pre-Bound Quest rewards are a good idea. Well... maybe just my opinion. It means I will be skipping even more quests.

It's wise because then people would just run all the quests with their Ninjas/25ers that have relevant rewards for a leveling crit (quests that reward x weapon or armor). I know I actually planned on doing that on my leveling crits and noticed it auto-soul-binds to the character.

That is the whole reasoning. They are bound to the character who does the quest because you are supposed to use them as a leveling tool and the character completing the quest should be rewarded. If you feel a quest is too hard for a certain level or class thats fine let us know but theres no reason you should be rushing through low level quests on your level 25 so you can just hand them to an alt or sell/give them to other players.

Cyrus

Postby Cyrus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 am

Omg yes Lateralus, thank you! This has been a sore spot for me.
You hit the key word " you shouldnt be able to use your 25ers to rush through the quest".

There should be no reason my lvl 20 monk does a quest that gives a soulbound shield and cannot hand it over to my lvl 21 Cleric for example. Right now, that is not possible.

Solution: LEVEL LOCKS! Like with luna/mendel, just instead of not being able to enter the room, you can't take the quest if you are ABOVE a certain level :-).

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:44 am

Cyrus wrote:Omg yes Lateralus, thank you! This has been a sore spot for me.
You hit the key word " you shouldnt be able to use your 25ers to rush through the quest".

There should be no reason my lvl 20 monk does a quest that gives a soulbound shield and cannot hand it over to my lvl 21 Cleric for example. Right now, that is not possible.

Solution: LEVEL LOCKS! Like with luna/mendel, just instead of not being able to enter the room, you can't take the quest if you are ABOVE a certain level :-).

Luna/Mendel level lock is a good thing but for clarification you can't do it by using your own 25ers but rather a guild/friend helping you with theirs. Since you need the actual kills as well as the item drop.

It brings up a good topic is that most quests should probably have both kills and drops instead of just drops. If there are quests that involve just drops you bet your sweet bippy people will log their 25ers to farm the drops and vault them to have the lowbie turn it in.

Styx

Postby Styx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:39 am

Instead of lvl locks, why not utilize class locks. This way we could have multiple quests with only getting the items you need for the Luling alt without a lvl lock. Would have to make x number of rooms to enter. Yada all the other stuff.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:35 am

Well, ironically I always used a levelling alt. The items there are level 20 items, at level 20 you should be able to do it anyway. Also as pointed out, that location is level locked anyway...
Even if it wasn't level locked what would be the benefit of doing it on a 25ther for a levelling alt who wont be able to use it till 20th anyway? Why go all the way to 25th level then do it for an alt? It is possible, but it will only happen once, and then, if someone wants to do that... meh what is the issue?
The items aren't that great, their useful but not all powerful. Some of you guys are speaking like the rewards are uber l33t instantz winz shitz.
Not really explaining myself well, but nm. Basically there is no real reason for me to do this quest on several alt classes. This means I will skip most of the quests from after Canopia.
Not really bothered, theres alternatives to the gear anyway, just pointing out my opinion.

Anyway, as I stated, at least want people this is the case somewhere in the quest description.
Might add it to the wiki later.

As for class locks, no. That'd limit freedom of choice. UNLESS there is a damn good lore based reason for it.
Idea for locking a place... if you really really want to do that. Sould bound keys issued to those on the quest. Dissapear on use, can only enter with a key. Could be handy for certain stuff, but for this? meh.

Just as well there are decent alternative 20th level monk/cleric armour though.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”