Druid/Elder Druid

Mujahideen

Re: Druid/Elder Druid

Postby Mujahideen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:31 pm

So what are the top builds for elders?
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:05 pm

I think dark elf, ling, elf, half-elf all make solid druids. Ele isn't bad if you favor huge HP. Basically max str/agi/end/wis and balance chr/int appropriately (I wouldn't really go lower than 15 int).
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:13 pm

Is chr even used for anything?

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Nope just hp/mp. Unless I totally missed something...
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:08 am

Folder wrote:Nope just hp/mp. Unless I totally missed something...

Bear /roar. Maybe charm in the future.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:29 am

You really can't make CHR that useful. Not very fair to make a class that relies on ALL 6 stats as you necessarily have to gimp something somewhere.
<Silhouette>

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Folder wrote:You really can't make CHR that useful. Not very fair to make a class that relies on ALL 6 stats as you necessarily have to gimp something somewhere.

Same thoughts imo. Its already hard enough as is. Why not make Taunt based off of Strength for them instead ?Like intimdating someone? :D As is you have just wouldn't have the stats to do much. :( that was one of the big problems with my druid. Should i go int so I can actually use FF or should I take charisma to get a few extra hp but be able to taunt only mediocre. XD Either way us charm a druidish thing? seems like Enchanters would love it XD,

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Honzo wrote:
Folder wrote:You really can't make CHR that useful. Not very fair to make a class that relies on ALL 6 stats as you necessarily have to gimp something somewhere.

Same thoughts imo. Its already hard enough as is. Why not make Taunt based off of Strength for them instead ?Like intimdating someone? :D As is you have just wouldn't have the stats to do much. :( that was one of the big problems with my druid. Should i go int so I can actually use FF or should I take charisma to get a few extra hp but be able to taunt only mediocre. XD Either way us charm a druidish thing? seems like Enchanters would love it XD,

/taunt is fine as it is on knights.

In terms of a druid, do you expect them to be good at everything then? They should be able to tank and taunt very well, they should be able to do DPS that will be just under knight, they can heal, debuff, food themselves without requiring filled slots. They will be popular I feel soon as we get better blunts. Because they have double strength typically, each point lost on a weapon is like double.

I.E. a 11/17 weapon is 22/34 to druids, but the max is 13/20 which isnt in yet. However, it's more like 26/40 so they miss alot more per point.

If you want to make a tank druid vs dps druid, It's very possible, just like how you wouldn't do one or the other in WOW. I'm not saying /roar is terrible with 10 char, you still get I believe 1 or 2 copies, but roar is half the strength anyways as taunt, it doesn't get effected as much as knights do, but it's obviously not as good.

Do you also expect when I add spawns to it or a charm/spawn way, that it can do DPS, TANK, and an extra 100 DPS via your pet? 8) Druids are class that can be really spec'd different ways, and I don't think you should be amazing at everything. I'd love it if all classes could use all stats like druids could, and depending on what you want to do, you can pick different stats that way.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:23 pm

I get what you're saying but this is a game where you can't exactly respec at will like WoW or others. You're pretty well stuck with a tank druid at 25 or a dps druid at 25 (or a summoning druid?!), which ehhh ok I guess but it's definitely a different direction for the game.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Folder wrote:I get what you're saying but this is a game where you can't exactly respec at will like WoW or others. You're pretty well stuck with a tank druid at 25 or a dps druid at 25 (or a summoning druid?!), which ehhh ok I guess but it's definitely a different direction for the game.

Doesn't mean tank form is worthless, or DPS druid is worthless though. In WOW the gear is what makes the player, the specs help a bit. You can say you are going to be a tank druid or dps druid on wow but that's kind of incorrect. You need different gear completely. I don't know if they changed it now but I'm pretty sure their stuff is BOE so you lose it if you unequip? Maybe their's item sets now, I dunno. I think it's weird to compare WOW to us regardless though.

It doesn't mean you'd be a terrible tank druid though with lower CHAR, it just means you won't do as well. All spells and skills have a base to prevent them from being worthless too. I mean it can be balanced towards mid range char instead but I feel like it is already. Just like how I balance paladins at around 16 INT rather then 22 int like I do for sorcs.

I feel like it would invalidate knights and other classes completely. What's the point of being a knight if you can tank in bear with high END/roar/resists, go into DPS form and deal high DPS. Go out to heal/haste/FF, have a pet that deals another set amount of DPS. I feel like it's too much and if people can't handle that classes can be spec'd differently then the options should be removed and there should only be one specific path for druids, which would probably be like ROK was, aka cat form in EO, and then it be balanced only with one form and remove the use of /roar and keeping it unique to Knights only.

Return to “Archive Chat”