Re: Druid/Elder Druid

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Editing, one sec.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:47 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Folder wrote:I get what you're saying but this is a game where you can't exactly respec at will like WoW or others. You're pretty well stuck with a tank druid at 25 or a dps druid at 25 (or a summoning druid?!), which ehhh ok I guess but it's definitely a different direction for the game.

Doesn't mean tank form is worthless, or DPS druid is worthless though if you go one way or another. You just perform better in one form vs the other.. In WOW the gear is what makes the player, the specs help a bit. You can say you are going to be a tank druid or dps druid on wow but that's kind of incorrect. You need different gear completely. I don't know if they changed it now but I'm pretty sure their stuff is BOE so you lose it if you unequip? Maybe their's item sets now, I dunno. I think it's weird to compare WOW to us regardless though.

It doesn't mean you'd be a terrible tank druid though with lower CHAR, it just means you won't do as well. All spells and skills have a base to prevent them from being worthless too. I mean it can be balanced towards mid range char instead but I feel like it is already. Just like how I balance paladins at around 16 INT rather then 22 int like I do for sorcs.

I mean we can change it for druids but I feel like it's giving them a edge and making knights useless because of it. If the deal is that they shouldn't use char at all, then I defo won't be giving them charm, as charm is char based and makes little sense otherwise.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Doesn't mean tank form is worthless, or DPS druid is worthless though. In WOW the gear is what makes the player, the specs help a bit. You can say you are going to be a tank druid or dps druid on wow but that's kind of incorrect. You need different gear completely. I don't know if they changed it now but I'm pretty sure their stuff is BOE so you lose it if you unequip? Maybe their's item sets now, I dunno. I think it's weird to compare WOW to us regardless though.

It doesn't mean you'd be a terrible tank druid though with lower CHAR, it just means you won't do as well. All spells and skills have a base to prevent them from being worthless too. I mean it can be balanced towards mid range char instead but I feel like it is already. Just like how I balance paladins at around 16 INT rather then 22 int like I do for sorcs.

I feel like it would invalidate knights and other classes completely. What's the point of being a knight if you can tank in bear with high END/roar/resists, go into DPS form and deal high DPS. Go out to heal/haste/FF, have a pet that deals another set amount of DPS. I feel like it's too much and if people can't handle that classes can be spec'd differently then the options should be removed and there should only be one specific path for druids, which would probably be like ROK was, aka cat form in EO, and then it be balanced only with one form and remove the use of /roar and keeping it unique to Knights only.

Folder wrote:I get what you're saying but this is a game where you can't exactly respec at will like WoW or others. You're pretty well stuck with a tank druid at 25 or a dps druid at 25 (or a summoning druid?!), which ehhh ok I guess but it's definitely a different direction for the game.

This definitely isn't an MMO, it's a GMUD. :) However I never expected them to be able to do everything either. I was stating in my response that I had to choose either int for FaerieFire/debuffs/heals/search over Charisma for some extra hp and a little better taunt. I think the trade off is perfect because other classes have to do it as well. Knights with Tank or DPS, Rangers for bowpewpew or Petpewpew for example. I am totally okay with it. ^_^

I was just saying that I don't think charm seems very druidish. Enchanter and charm just seem to have always gone hand in hand. The lack of blunt weapons is pretty depressing if I say so myself, I'm still using my spade from lvl 15 to level to 25 in the Wiken GY because its just better than the other lvl 20 weapons. If anything I'd like for their identities to become more unique so that way you can build a druid specifically for kitty (Like I want) or specifically for bear(or hell even maybe caster down the line with your summons!). I highly agree though that there should be a hybrid tax on them, if anything for the tanking part of bear. You already get so many stats for bear form to be able to tank well and I think it's justified that it requires a ton of charisma for them to be half as good as knights. Knights can't debuff, they can't heal, and they certainly can't haste.

I've said it before and I stand by it, I think that Druids are probably the highest skill cap class in the game. I don't want druids to be the best at everything, I like the hybrid role they have because they can fill several different roles if need be. +1 for keepin' them as they are, I just don't know about putting a charm on a druid. XD That's my personal opinion though of course. ^_^

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Preach!!!
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Mujahideen wrote:Preach!!!

XD!! You playing kitty panther druid too? ^_^ Also, I forgot to mention in my last post that FaerieFire is working MUCH better now, the fix was spot on! ^_^ Haven't tested with necro yet but I'm assuming it's doing well also.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Yeah that's understandable, I can understand changing roar if they don't have any tames then though overall.

Not sure yet though what the stance is yet. Druids can 'tame' animals well in Lore aspects, but they also are pretty op already.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Hey you made the WoW comparison first :P. Gear in WoW is entirely changed from what it used to be but that's a whole different story.

I'm not saying I think any of this is wrong it's just different. If we want druids to be able to "spec" differently that's ok, but I wonder how many people will do it in practice? Since with knight you don't really give anything up to change from dps to tank, you know?
<Silhouette>

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:40 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Yeah that's understandable, I can understand changing roar if they don't have any tames then though overall.

Not sure yet though what the stance is yet. Druids can 'tame' animals well in Lore aspects, but they also are pretty op already.

Folder wrote:I'm not saying I think any of this is wrong it's just different. If we want druids to be able to "spec" differently that's ok, but I wonder how many people will do it in practice? Since with knight you don't really give anything up to change from dps to tank, you know?

Honestly man I don't know if I'd even buff roar up. It does well for me even with 10 charisma on my guy. However you can do what you want. Goes back to that thing I was saying. It's nice to be able to be a hybrid and do a little of everything. Sure they should have a primary thing(Kitty imo since its the first morph and also I have a feeling people love kitties(dps) a lot more than being a tank bear). 16 Charisma gives 3 copies right? They aren't supposed to be main tanks anyways, but imagine a 16 charisma druid in a party with only 1-2 other people. That there gives you what like 50-66% chance to be hit instead right? Seems strong considering that you get End bonus, Wis bonus, agi bonus, str bonus, armor bonus. XD.

You actually do give up stuff for a knight though if you don't want to tank. You give up the shield and charisma for a 2 hander. Well, you don't HAVE to give up charisma but I'd assume that you'd probably want to + strength or agi or max wisdom instead of charisma. ^_^ It's like a barbarian in plate armor from my understanding. They get better hit and they get some extra hp.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:49 pm

But I'm saying you don't have to spec a knight any differently to change from dps to tank. Swap a 2hander and you're done. No one is going to make a "dps" knight that is low charisma, or well maybe they will but they are simply wrong to do so.

I like the idea of a bear druid, but if we want to go that route we may want to separate the roles a bit more. If the only difference is how much CHR we dump into one or the other it's not really too interesting. Or maybe perhaps giving CHR more bear-specific bonuses. I don't have all the answers yet!
<Silhouette>

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Folder wrote:But I'm saying you don't have to spec a knight any differently to change from dps to tank. Swap a 2hander and you're done. No one is going to make a "dps" knight that is low charisma, or well maybe they will but they are simply wrong to do so.

I like the idea of a bear druid, but if we want to go that route we may want to separate the roles a bit more. If the only difference is how much CHR we dump into one or the other it's not really too interesting. Or maybe perhaps giving CHR more bear-specific bonuses. I don't have all the answers yet!

Can't say anybody is wrong for making a dps knight. :) That extra hit rate is equal to like 2 agi isnt it or something like that? Seems big to me! Especially on something like a half orc that could wreckkkkkk with that extra hit rate. Your idea on making charisma do MORE for bears is interesting too but like I already stated, they already get all the stats for free. They get 4-5 wisdom and endurance. I just think its all good as it is. If anything I'd just give them a flat taunt amount of you wont give them charm. Just set it at like 3-4? Or whatever half of the max(or less) is for tanks. They were never meant to be the tank class were they? I just thought it was a tanky form for versatility since it has the inclusion of wisdom for MR. XD

In the end though there needs to be a use for both/ OR either cat and bear. Cat when you're looking to do good dmg/good physical dodger but you're squisher, and bear when you're fighting someone with spells or think that higher AC will help. ^_^

Return to “Archive Chat”