Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

How should we have assassins with dual wielding?

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2016 5:49 am

As it is, give them an extra attack.
38%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.5x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to min/max
19%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.0x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to max
42%

Total votes: 26
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 20, 2016 5:49 am

At the moment you gain an extra attack.

Instead of the extra attack, what about a x.5 multiplier addition. So instead of 3x-4x damage, you deal 3.5x-4.5x times damage or 3.0x-4.5x (maybe only max). This might be better to prevent assassins whom always hide, but it's tough. The extra attack could be seen as a strategic move, but assassins themselves are already rather powerful without it. Not many people used it anyways.

An actual bonus multiplier might make it more interesting, and if they want to hide on their last turn they will probably have to double hide initially.

What does everyone think?

Lateralus

Re: Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

Postby Lateralus » Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 am

With 1 character being the limit I think that extra stam adds more to the game solo pve can use that extra hide to get away from npcs since armor is going to actually count now and assassins wont have god dodge for no reason.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri May 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I always thought that the extra attack made them way OPED if you kept a shield on you like I did you could always swap it in between rounds if you were fast enough. If someone wants to use a stam to hide that's fine. a slayer even a gnome one had the potential to round all other classes and with 23 or 25 str spelled they could 1 shot aswell. I think option 3 would be he most fair to the other classes and slayers will most likely stay th e top pvp class.

thirdchris

Postby thirdchris » Fri May 20, 2016 4:40 pm

I think the idea of making slayers a staple dual wield class is very promising. I mean, I don't know if any of us really knew what the hell was behind Lance's programming but with NH in control, balancing won't be an issue. Having a difference between "dodging" and "absorbing" is the key here, and I think slayers should be good at dodging, but when hit, take more damage than other classes.

That being said, the description of the backstab would also pretty cool to note both weapons and have two separate rolls. The primary weapon dealing maybe 1.5x-2.5x with the secondary weapon dealing another hit at 0.5x/1.0x

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:38 pm

That being said, the description of the backstab would also pretty cool to note both weapons and have two separate rolls. The primary weapon dealing maybe 1.5x-2.5x with the secondary weapon dealing another hit at 0.5x/1.0x

This. Is. Awesome!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Actually, do assassins get small bonus to normal damage from dual wielding? I think maybe they should?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Reckqq

Postby Reckqq » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Really think the bonus should have been .5 min/max. The range feels too large and inconsistent in game. Doesn't seem like adequate compensation for the 1 stam loss.

This is interesting.
:evil: TJ Lethal :twisted:

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Reckqq wrote:Really think the bonus should have been .5 min/max. The range feels too large and inconsistent in game. Doesn't seem like adequate compensation for the 1 stam loss.

This is interesting.

For the minimum increase it really depends on feedback, we have had not much and people seemed to be fine so far. It really depends on how people feel, I don't mind giving the minimum an increase as well if people think it needs the 0.5x as well.

It's not like theres much to roll though, at the moment its either 0-2 or -0-3 in terms of the bonus difference.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:22 pm

We're going to test something for this now.

I've given duel wielders a 10% bonus onto attacks, and reduced the maximum so that the maximum is still the same as it was before the 10% bonus. So this works even without a backstab hit.

This means that for example, the original values before the change are, with 20 strength and a 158 damage hit (where I want them to be around with a high end OAD) and fighting your div (15% bonus):
158 damage *regular hit*
Not duel wielding:
473 552 631
duel wielding:
473 552 631 710

It will become:
173 damage "regular hit"
Not duel wielding:
473 552 631
duel wielding:
520 584 647 711

I think the above is fair though and it will work with swords and things like that. I did ensure that the 10% bonus doesn't really hurt anything in terms of wielding swords for example, and it's OK still and barbs/paladins/etc that use it will still be a good deal higher.

This obviously doesn't include armor. Which could negate a bunch. For example, one of the heavier mobs could have 70 armor, which is almost 20 damage reduction. Might have to ensure not all mobs have heavy armor though 8)

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Looks good what's going on with that 4th dual hit? 711 is that incorrect?

Return to “Archive Chat”