Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

How should we have assassins with dual wielding?

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2016 5:49 am

As it is, give them an extra attack.
38%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.5x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to min/max
19%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.0x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to max
42%

Total votes: 26
FrostSlayer

Re: Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

Postby FrostSlayer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:35 pm

Ah I see. What level is appropriate for the graveyard?

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:51 pm

FrostSlayer wrote:Ah I see. What level is appropriate for the graveyard?

graveyard is 21-25 monsters

As for the topic i do think assassins got nerfed a little bit but maybe that was the point? they are still at 400mil exp yet have 1 less attack which makes them tons harder to level and less effective at 25 since they dont get that second hide. On the other hand it seems like monks take less exp even tho they level faster than any other character. They still have the best dodge, hitrate, magic resistance and are cheap to equip (everyone is playing them and there really is no counter class to them).

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:57 am

Lateralus wrote:

graveyard is 21-25 monsters

As for the topic i do think assassins got nerfed a little bit but maybe that was the point? they are still at 400mil exp yet have 1 less attack which makes them tons harder to level and less effective at 25 since they dont get that second hide. On the other hand it seems like monks take less exp even tho they level faster than any other character. They still have the best dodge, hitrate, magic resistance and are cheap to equip (everyone is playing them and there really is no counter class to them).

Dual wielding with two daggers at 4.0x with 10% bonus (around 4.5x) with 22str is about 720 damagex2.

No other class can deal 1440 damage as a max like assassins can. Zerkers kind of have the chance too, but they often won't. Assassins are the glass cannons of physical damage casters. You sacrifice protection for damage. Even with one dagger, its 630ish and thats still about 1260 damage.

They aren't ever getting a 5th attack. (Ever)

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:42 pm

I was thinking about an idea to be able to apply poison on their weapons for various effects. Maybe this effect can be double for dual wielding, something to that effect. That way they could forage and craft poisons which can then be applied.

Just an idea to play with, suits the class.

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:38 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Lateralus wrote:

Dual wielding with two daggers at 4.0x with 10% bonus (around 4.5x) with 22str is about 720 damagex2.

No other class can deal 1440 damage as a max like assassins can. Zerkers kind of have the chance too, but they often won't. Assassins are the glass cannons of physical damage casters. You sacrifice protection for damage. Even with one dagger, its 630ish and thats still about 1260 damage.

My slayer has 24 STR and doesn't come near those amounts. I also dual wield. I can't even get close to that type of max when I have Divinity over my opponent.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Cause you don't have oad weapons.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:57 am

Folder wrote:Cause you don't have oad weapons.

You win.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:19 am

Sicx wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:
Lateralus wrote:

My slayer has 24 STR and doesn't come near those amounts. I also dual wield. I can't even get close to that type of max when I have Divinity over my opponent.

what values are you hitting for?

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 pm

So, to hit for that very nice amount, I need to:

A) land my backstab
B) roll a high or max basic attack
C) roll the max multiplier

I could just as easily roll the min attack and multiplier and have it do laughable damage.

The damage seems very inconsistent. Is the range on backstab intended to be all over the place? The odds of landing (not missing) 2 max roll backstabs in a row seems very unlikely. A zerker would probably have a better chance of landing 4 attacks in row than a slayer doing the above.

Any thoughts?

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:46 pm

FrostSlayer wrote:So, to hit for that very nice amount, I need to:

A) land my backstab
B) roll a high or max basic attack
C) roll the max multiplier

I could just as easily roll the min attack and multiplier and have it do laughable damage.

The damage seems very inconsistent. Is the range on backstab intended to be all over the place? The odds of landing (not missing) 2 max roll backstabs in a row seems very unlikely. A zerker would probably have a better chance of landing 4 attacks in row than a slayer doing the above.

Any thoughts?

I think they are intended on being all over the place (range wise) but actual hit wise is another thing. Something to consider is your players agility and the defenders agility. I have seen a lot of half-orc assassins which means top damage but will be a lower hit rate. In rok it really didnt matter if you had 19agi or 24agi with slayers here agi will make a noticeable difference.
Last edited by Lateralus on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive Chat”