New Character Creation Method.

daedroth

New Character Creation Method.

Postby daedroth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 am

Looks snazzy and may finally stop me from making a character of the wrong div (then noticing after I had levelled it some). The amount of characters I have had to restart because I forgot to change it from fire div...
Anyway, good work!
However...
I don't like the wording of the "We recommend ..." message pop up (with regards to improper stat selection). I would change it to something like "This class benefits most from having [insert stats here] at maximum levels. Some of those stats are not maximised. Are you sure you wish to continue?"
Meh, maybe it only bothers me, and obviously not a game breaker :P
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: New Character Creation Method.

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:33 am

daedroth wrote:Looks snazzy and may finally stop me from making a character of the wrong div (then noticing after I had levelled it some). The amount of characters I have had to restart because I forgot to change it from fire div...
Anyway, good work!
However...
I don't like the wording of the "We recommend ..." message pop up (with regards to improper stat selection). I would change it to something like "This class benefits most from having [insert stats here] at maximum levels. Some of those stats are not maximised. Are you sure you wish to continue?"
Meh, maybe it only bothers me, and obviously not a game breaker :P

It's not class specific atm. At minimum all races have end/agi. Rest right now isn't programmed. Maybe future for that.

Severe

Postby Severe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:05 am

Overall very good. My only complaint (though very minor) is the amount of time it still takes to choose a picture. If you had the capability to use the arrow keys to cycle through the pictures, that would be stellar.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:04 pm

I was going to suggest the same thing. Choosing a picture still takes a long time scrolling. The scroll bar should scroll one picture or set of picture per arrow click.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:48 pm

The new method works way better then the old method by far, the picture is larger and more easily visabke.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Use your mouse wheel to scroll you peasants!
<Silhouette>

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:53 am

But but but we are peasents, only royalty is supposed to figure that all out, follow your lead

:mrgreen:

Return to “Archive Chat”