Shared Experience

alvarlux

Re: Shared Experience

Postby alvarlux » Sat May 21, 2016 3:54 pm

NiteHawk wrote:That's correct, I want to promote leveling together however. 70% might be too much, maybe 60% with two players. But I do want it to be higher then just halved, people leveling and interacting because it is a better trade off will make the game last longer and people will enjoy it rather then tavern sitting. You get bored leveling and at only 50% theres is no point to party.

i would argue that people ended up tavern sitting more after they finished leveling, so making that go faster is not great. But you've already stated you plan on doing more "End Game" content so that's probably fine.

If we are encouraging parties, we should leave it heavier on the high groups, so I propose:

Idea 5:
Solo: 100%
Two Members: 60%
Three Members: 45%
Four Members and up: 35%

which translate to each monster being worth: 100%, 120%, 135%, >140%

thirdchris

Postby thirdchris » Sun May 22, 2016 11:07 am

The key here is increased social activity. Something that had become stagnant in the previous iteration. In fact, at least for me, it was annoying to share mobs with other players while leveling. Aside from say, the tulip. I think the player should be rewarded for leveling together. This may also help keep the PK factor of the game alive.

One thing to keep in mind here is that the difficulty of mobs can be significantly increased over what it used to be. With an actual programmer, new mechanics can be introduced to keep fights actually challenging, especially through the use of status effects, perhaps. I'd reward group activity and give bonus exp to parties, not reductions.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sun May 22, 2016 12:12 pm

I agree with 3C, if we're trying to encourage party leveling, we should probably offer some kind of bonus to level appropriate party kills instead of splitting it. 10-20% more experience per party member or something,

Something else that needs to be considered is shared gold. If whoever gets the KS is the only one who gets the gold, then you further discourage partying, because then there's a chance you don't make any gold leveling, which means you can't buy levels, spells, whatever else you need to keep leveling. Sure, you could say have an agreement to split it down the middle before you leave town, but that relies on the honor system. And if there's anything we've learned from ROK in the past, it's that expecting people to follow the buddy system is laughable at best. Split the gold alongside the experience and boom, problem solved.

...Unless your leveling partner decides to stab you in the back/have a friend or guildie stab you in the back/is a thief secretly robbing you while you're spamming attacks and not noticing. The solution there is stab them back.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sun May 22, 2016 12:24 pm

I figured the gold would just auto split. Another thi ng to think about is sellable drops selling those and splitting the gold from those aswell.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 24, 2016 11:51 am

Here is the simple formula I made up (sharing is in game but it's set atm, got this that I just modified now:)

(1.2 + (PartyCount * 0.5)) / PartyCount

It's a simple formula, the values would be as follows:

2 people in party = 65% experience per person (130% total experience)
3 people in party = 45% experience per person (135% total experience)
4 people in party = 35% experience per person (140% total experience)
5 people in party = 29% experience per person (145% total experience)

It might go higher or lower, but I think it's pretty fair so far. Only applies to current party members in square as well, obviously.

NPCs in your party also give experience, at 80%. This is also applied to the party formula too (So would be something like ((1.2 + (PartyCount * 0.5)) / PartyCount) * .8 . Only kill shots.

You can already test sharing in game, though. it just doesn't adjust after 5 people at the moment.

alvarlux

Postby alvarlux » Wed May 25, 2016 12:45 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Here is the simple formula I made up (sharing is in game but it's set atm, got this that I just modified now:)

It might go higher or lower, but I think it's pretty fair so far. Only applies to current party members in square as well, obviously.

NPCs in your party also give experience, at 80%. This is also applied to the party formula too (So would be something like ((1.2 + (PartyCount * 0.5)) / PartyCount) * .8 . Only kill shots.

You can already test sharing in game, though. it just doesn't adjust after 5 people at the moment.

Couple questions for testing:

Do NPC's count towards PartyCount? [i'm assuming no?]
Does shared exp scale with level? [i believe this was already mentioned and is yes]
Does scaling happen based on amount received on KS, or against base monster?

Example Math:
Party has 2 members - lvl 20 (Player A), lvl 22 (Player B)
Monster is lvl 21 - KS value is 100

Monster is killed by Player A - base monster shared:
Player A receives: (100 * 0.65) * 1.10 = 71.5 exp
Player B receives: (100 * 0.65) * 0.75 = 48.75 exp

Monster is killed by Player A - KS shared:
Player A receives: (100 * 0.65) * 1.10 = 71.5
Player B receives: ((100 * 0.65) * 1.10) * 0.75 = 53.625 exp

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed May 25, 2016 1:10 pm

alvarlux wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:Here is the simple formula I made up (sharing is in game but it's set atm, got this that I just modified now:)

Couple questions for testing:

Do NPC's count towards PartyCount? [i'm assuming no?]
Does shared exp scale with level? [i believe this was already mentioned and is yes]
Does scaling happen based on amount received on KS, or against base monster?

Example Math:
Party has 2 members - lvl 20 (Player A), lvl 22 (Player B)
Monster is lvl 21 - KS value is 100

Monster is killed by Player A - base monster shared:
Player A receives: (100 * 0.65) * 1.10 = 71.5 exp
Player B receives: (100 * 0.65) * 0.75 = 48.75 exp

Monster is killed by Player A - KS shared:
Player A receives: (100 * 0.65) * 1.10 = 71.5
Player B receives: ((100 * 0.65) * 1.10) * 0.75 = 53.625 exp

NPCs do not count towards party count.

EXP is also cut depending on player level difference that is correct. A player can be one level higher or level before experience loss starts taken into effect, and after 4 levels or so it's not worth it. It also goes further if the monster is lower level too, so you'll typically want to try to level with people +2/-2 you (maybe +3/-3).

If a lower level player kills a mob, the exp passed to a higher level player is never over 100% (obviously not 100%, gotta factor in the party experience reduction etc).

Shared EXP is only the slay experience, not the per point experience.

thirdchris

Postby thirdchris » Wed May 25, 2016 10:33 pm

you da man. on behalf of the people who always wished DM gave a shit, thanks for listening.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Thu May 26, 2016 6:38 am

thirdchris wrote:you da man. on behalf of the people who always wished DM gave a shit, thanks for listening.

:D

Kenichi

Postby Kenichi » Sun May 29, 2016 12:14 am

Make this shared experience toggle via a command for example.

/psharedexp
/pnoshared

/party

Member 1
Member 2
Member 3

/pnoshared
/party
Member 1
Member 2
Member 3

Return to “Archive Chat”