Shared Experience

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Shared Experience

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 20, 2016 8:05 pm

Shared EXP should be okay to do I think. It's been talked about in the past and was just brought up again. I think EXP needs to be split depending on how many people are in the party, not a set EXP. But there is a few ways we can do this. I also think that only killshot needs to be split. Per hit is useless to split because it will reward people who are active more then just afk sitting... So:

Per killshot:
Idea 1:
Solo: 100% EXP
Two Members. 75% EXP
Three Members: 50% Exp
Four Members and up: 25% Exp

Idea 2:
Two Members and up. 50% EXP

Idea 3:
Two Members. 70% EXP
Four Members and up: 30% Exp

I think four members and up it will be okay to cap it from lowering any further. I don't think we need to go too low. But I'd prefer option 3 I think above all.

Also take note that when your mob gets the kilshot, it also adds to your EXP.

Dorgon

Re: Shared Experience

Postby Dorgon » Fri May 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Option 3 seems like the fairest option while keeping everyone involved.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat May 21, 2016 12:04 am

Option 3 seems fair enough.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sat May 21, 2016 4:49 am

Option 3 seems fairest, yeah.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 8:36 am

I think option 3 is good but there needs to be something in place to prevent it from being taken advantage of.

Idk what's to stop a level 5 from joining a level 25 and just sitting in the party getting power leveled on level 25 monsters?

Maybe like shared experience only works if everyone is within 4-5 levels of each other in the party? All members need to tag the monster?

Just spitting ideas because this seems very very easy to abuse

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Sat May 21, 2016 9:01 am

The game I played before the monster had to be within so many levels of you in order to get any experience. Maybe something like that? If you are level 10 the monster has to be under level 20?

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 am

Kawasaki wrote:The game I played before the monster had to be within so many levels of you in order to get any experience. Maybe something like that? If you are level 10 the monster has to be under level 20?

Yea I like that idea id maybe even say 5? i mean its still going to be easy to abuse with shared exp but atleast it wont be super power leveling. I mean still whats to stop a level 5 from joining with a level 25 while the level 25 runs through a level 10 area just killing all the monsters super fast.

party exp is just something that can be easily abused without a ton of blocks.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 21, 2016 10:00 am

No worries, I have an idea for it that will base it on the killers level and players level. After a few levels (5-6) The exp wouldn't be worth the higher level killing it.

It's similar to how if you kill a mob higher level then you, you lose out on EXP.

alvarlux

Postby alvarlux » Sat May 21, 2016 3:21 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Shared EXP should be okay to do I think. It's been talked about in the past and was just brought up again. I think EXP needs to be split depending on how many people are in the party, not a set EXP. But there is a few ways we can do this. I also think that only killshot needs to be split. Per hit is useless to split because it will reward people who are active more then just afk sitting... So:

Per killshot:
Idea 1:
Two Members. 75% EXP
Four Members and up: 25% Exp

Idea 2:
Two Members and up. 50% EXP

Idea 3:
Two Members. 70% EXP
Four Members and up: 30% Exp

I think four members and up it will be okay to cap it from lowering any further. I don't think we need to go too low. But I'd prefer option 3 I think above all.

Also take note that when your mob gets the kilshot, it also adds to your EXP.

I'm all for EXP Share and making leveling a bit less grueling, but these numbers seem a bit too generous.

Remember that with a party you are killing monsters significantly faster then normal - 2x, 3x, etc. You already get that advantage as a multiplier. Not to mention, added abilities/support functions, protection aspects from random PK etc.

Based on Idea 3, from the perspective of each monster - you are making each worth 140%, 150%, >120%. If we are using the formula from RoK for monster exp values, KS was the most valuable part.

This is so far in favor of a leveling party, it's almost punishing solo play. I'm going to invite randoms in the arena to my party with this because it's more valuable then fighting by myself.

This should be a "nice to have" rather then "essential for leveling" - so you should be break even or even losing some, relying on the party multiplier to make up the difference and provide value. Maybe allow for a slight bonus for 3+ parties because they are going to be harder to put together with no alts, and also to account for less hit exp with larger groups.

Idea 4:
Solo: 100%
Two Members: 50%
Three Members: 35%
Four Members and up: 30%

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 21, 2016 3:26 pm

That's correct, I want to promote leveling together however. 70% might be too much, maybe 60% with two players. But I do want it to be higher then just halved, people leveling and interacting because it is a better trade off will make the game last longer and people will enjoy it rather then tavern sitting. You get bored leveling and at only 50% theres is no point to party.

Return to “Archive Chat”