Knapsacks

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Knapsacks

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Since we have stacking, having unlimited knapsacks might be a bit overkill.

I was thinking you can equip one knapsack, and it would boost the amount of slots you have. I want to try to make it so that you don't need to open up a window to access it either. Maybe some way to scroll between 12 items each.

I assume knapsacks don't have to be too large though, cause stacking.

Lateralus

Re: Knapsacks

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Honestly i really loved the rp aspect of knapsacks but with stacking and the vault I kind of feel like they are not needed. I wouldn't mind just having the inventory maybe expanded to 18 slots (no need to scroll just make the box a bit bigger) instead of 12 and just do away with them.

I guess you could get fancy you could have bag tabs just below the inventory and each one opens to a 6-12 slot inventory (no popups just when you click a bag its a new set of items that show in the inventory box)

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Sat May 21, 2016 12:29 pm

I'd rather have knapsacks than not. That's all I have to say on the matter.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Sat May 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Thoth wrote:I'd rather have knapsacks than not. That's all I have to say on the matter.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Sat May 21, 2016 1:22 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Since we have stacking, having unlimited knapsacks might be a bit overkill.

I was thinking you can equip one knapsack, and it would boost the amount of slots you have. I want to try to make it so that you don't need to open up a window to access it either. Maybe some way to scroll between 12 items each.

I assume knapsacks don't have to be too large though, cause stacking.

Qft I like this way the best

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Lateralus wrote:I guess you could get fancy you could have bag tabs just below the inventory and each one opens to a 6-12 slot inventory (no popups just when you click a bag its a new set of items that show in the inventory box)

Yeah something like that is what I was thinking.

alvarlux

Postby alvarlux » Sat May 21, 2016 3:47 pm

I like the idea of Knapsack as an item you equip. Provides future with larger bags as OADs. Sub-boss drops 14, 16, 18 slot bag, etc.

Equipped bag as Tab is best.

How do we handle unequipping a bag? Does it need to be empty? (Otherwise you have bag swapping for increased inventory slots)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 21, 2016 4:09 pm

alvarlux wrote:I like the idea of Knapsack as an item you equip. Provides future with larger bags as OADs. Sub-boss drops 14, 16, 18 slot bag, etc.

Equipped bag as Tab is best.

How do we handle unequipping a bag? Does it need to be empty? (Otherwise you have bag swapping for increased inventory slots)

Has to be emptied. Yeah.

Backpack

Postby Backpack » Sat May 21, 2016 8:23 pm

Storage items are the more important part of any role-play experience.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 9:21 pm

If we are looking at it as strictly a storage issue right now then with stacking we can hold more items than we ever could in rok even if you ran 10 knapsacks. Everything that could go in knaps already stacks so its like each item is its own knapsack.

Looking at the rp aspect I did love knaps it was sweet to kill someone find their knap and find a bunch of crap in there and so on. As a builder it was cool to have npcs drop knaps with stuff in them and have different slotted and named knaps for sale in towns.

One thing that does through off the whole thing was the ability to have SB'd knaps to keep your stuff safe. I really dont have an answer for that without knaps. I guess with tabbed knaps you could have knaps that were sbed and you would have to make sure you put your stuff in there?

I just know that anymore than say 1-2 knaps (tabbed or not) and its really going to be overkill its basically like you are going to be able to hold hundreds of items when you consider stacking.

Return to “Archive Chat”