Lets get this straight

killa

Re: Lets get this straight

Postby killa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Lat is the man too guy trys real hard for this game. Cheers to him

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:41 pm

@killa I do think your prior comments towards the poster of this thread need to be toned down abit... He is a new player and entitled to ask the question which I think he has done in a respectful way. Calling in a m*f*er is not really called for imo and it creates the impression that this comminuty is just super defensive and not willing to allow respectful questions.

I do however agree that corruption is unlikely as NH does work hard to stamp it out. But I also recognise that Dan's call for increased transparency is a good one for keeping things with a perception of being above board. For example, if NH authorised a certain player to create and test a guild-owned discord bot (which is an exception to the normal TOS) this should have been disclosed to the public for transparency/feedback purposes long before it eventually gets discovered/noticed by the playerbase and becomes a bigger issue and more fuel for the fire. (I admit to being very discouraged by how that whole incident played out).

There's obviously things we can do to all improve the perception that this is for the most part a much cleaner game than ROK ever was. But maturely providing more transparency/communication is the way to go rather than shooting down new players with super defensive posts or calling them derogatory names imho. The whole community probably needs to work on be more mindful of this (myself included), otherwise the factionalism is going to just get worse and the game will die not because it's a bad game but because the player factions hate each other so much that they find less hateful ways to spend their leisure time. Peace all.

Edits: for clarification purposes
Last edited by anthriel on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:45 pm

anthriel wrote:...they find less hateful ways to spend their leisure time.

Hallelujah holy shit praise jesus amen.
<Silhouette>

killa

Postby killa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 pm

love it one post and all that shit against me. first post in months haha. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! gos to show the ppl that play and i absolutely love it. anthriel you are the problem not me :D

killa

Postby killa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Anthriel i changed 1 ONE (1) word in my entire post. Reread it! You singled out the one word before, now reread it lol. You obviously missed every point and just hung on the one swear word

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Much better imo killa. Your original point is a valid one. I just didn't want new players potentially coming away feeling like they were under abuse for raising questions. I have nothing against you. Just cautioning how some of your comments could be mis-conceived by people.

killa

Postby killa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Problem is players. Ill put 100 cash right now to advertisting. Who will match me. Want to fix the game, lets do it

killa

Postby killa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 pm

The dude is my guildy also lol i knew about the post since he said he was posting it in guild chat. hes fine

killa

Postby killa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 pm

I just dont even care about guilds anymore as far as im concerned the game is 1 big guild and lets figure it out

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 am

Yea if hawk wants to code it so the person getting spies on gets a message I think that would be a great idea. Would even have the effect of showing noobs someone is watching and cares maybe.

I do agree advertising is something we need to focus on as well as the new player experience. Next update I believe we will be adding linked quests. This means when bob gives you a quest to kill a bird after you return that his next quest might be go see bill over in the tavern and that’s the whole quest. This way players are kinda guided along rather than your done here cool seeya.

Back to advertising I think at the least a monthly mailer is a good start and can easily be setup. I know hawk try’s not to spam people but I get eso and wow mailers almost daily so once a month is nothing overboard. I think once we get those chain quests setup and can actually retain that’s a good plan. We have hundreds of user and forum accounts at the least bringing those people back in is a good start. It’s all about getting the ball rolling really.

Better recruitment incentives might be a good idea too.

Might wanna start a new post where we can all focus on new player exp and marketing to them.

Return to “Archive Chat”