State of the game.

Rodeo

State of the game.

Postby Rodeo » Fri May 27, 2016 6:29 pm

I have been observing the forums alot lately and noticed that we have been having alot of good ideas. But I think we need to take a step back and let chris get 1-25 and the game balanced before we start throwing new classes/spells/dynamics into the game until we have a stable running game. The main reason is that chris is our sole code man and we don't need to overwhelm him and make him into another no show jones (lance).

I am all about the future of this game and this community.

Just be patient and good things will come guys let's get our core built first then add things as needed.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: State of the game.

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 27, 2016 6:38 pm

If I were to vanish I'd give out the coding, but for now I'm good and I'll take some breaks of my own if I need, (In august i won't be around at all so I'm hoping to get the game working by then, going to gfs parent house for vacation.)

I don't mind ideas, it's nice to see. It gets people excited though. The only thing I ask is that people take it easy with asking when something I said is going to be out. I'm getting them in fast as I can, if there is a delay, it's a good reason typically. Sometimes I find a better way to do things and I want to backtrack it. It might be stupid to some but I really get bugged by inefficient stuff.

I don't mind people asking, just not every 6 hours. 8)

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri May 27, 2016 6:42 pm

You known the old saying tho needs to be one chief and the rest Indians not everyone needs a feather in the cap. :lol:

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Fri May 27, 2016 6:58 pm

I agree which is why for the most part I don't weigh in on forums too often unless it's in good fun or something I really feel a way or another about.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Fri May 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Wtf, get back to work!
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Kenichi

Postby Kenichi » Fri May 27, 2016 10:25 pm

I'll inefficient your face Nitehawk.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Rodeo wrote:I have been observing the forums alot lately and noticed that we have been having alot of good ideas. But I think we need to take a step back and let chris get 1-25 and the game balanced before we start throwing new classes/spells/dynamics into the game until we have a stable running game. The main reason is that chris is our sole code man and we don't need to overwhelm him and make him into another no show jones (lance).

I am all about the future of this game and this community.

Just be patient and good things will come guys let's get our core built first then add things as needed.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Totally agree with this and think we should try to get the game back to Rok state before adding and removing too much. We know it's something everyone liked and was somewhat balanced (it worked).

I'm all for additions and new but I really feel it's going to be a lot easier to balance if we get to that point first before any big additions.

As for all the suggestions I love to see them too. There is a reason we are all here we loved the game and are pretty passionate about it. Because of that we are going to all have strong opinions about how this new one should be which means pulling Chris in a thousand directions. I know I've been guilty of it it's a hard balance between helpful and obnoxious haha.

Fat Messiah

Postby Fat Messiah » Mon May 30, 2016 9:25 am

Awesome, well done all

Tintagel

Postby Tintagel » Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 am

Best of luck!

Eyxom

Postby Eyxom » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:17 pm

I've been reading through the forums a lot and we need to try to get together a phased development structure. I'm sure Chris is using something similar to SoE but this game's build is different. The core of the game needs to be, relatively, completed before we start getting into things too elaborate.
"Now I have become Death, destroyer of worlds." - Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer

Return to “Archive Chat”