Here's an idea

Thoth

Re: Here's an idea

Postby Thoth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:07 pm

I assume IAP means In App Purchases?

Fuck that. As nicely as possible. :mrgreen:
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:24 pm

IAP if done right could be a good thing.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:07 pm

If you're going to go the IAP route for anything, it shouldn't be houses. Those are one of the few effective gold sinks until a crafting system goes in, and we do need to keep the economy balanced.

Guild halls would be a good way to bring in revenue. Give guilds an option to create a customized area for themselves, with more rooms requiring another fee. They were a great idea in ROK, they just missed a good opportunity to bring in a bit of revenue from them.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:17 pm

This should really be its own post but there are tons and tons of ways to go about IAP without giving players advantages. I attend tons of conferences on the matter and It is literally what I do for a living.

There's no reason Chris couldn't make a living running this game as well as actually playing staff for their work and all while making the best game possible.

A game doesn't need to generate no revenue to be good.

Anyways it's a ways down the road but for sure something to think about.

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:30 pm

I was truly joking about a house. A founder'a am my is fine.

Backpack

Postby Backpack » Fri May 06, 2016 4:21 am

From the looks of the responses itt, this is probably going to come off as an unpopular opinion.

The mentality of 'oh I helped so should get something special to recognise my awesome and invaluable contribution' sets off the old bullshit detector real quick. Yes you're helping, and yes it's wonderful, but why are you not content to be satisfied in the knowledge that you worked with a team towards a common goal that in itself stands as recognition of the work of all involved; why do you have an urge for that little something extra? A simple credits page on the website noting the wortwhile efforts of builders and formula guys seems like it would be substantial enough to placate the egos of those who so crave the attention for their collaborative endeavours. The only thing a decorative item or custom description would be useful for is to wave your dick around and go 'look at me look at me', which undercuts any semblance of nobility in effort.

TL:DR You get to have your content published in an interactive environment, isn't that enough you greedy pricks?

edit: words are hard, fuck you.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 06, 2016 4:43 am

I do love you sometimes BP. I get where you are coming from too. 8)

If it pleases the community with a small 'I helped the game' item in it's alpha stage, and it makes people happy and shows them that I appreciate them, then I think it is okay. From experience I think good workers come from a good boss (as stupid as that sounds.), them being happy = more work getting done = everyones happy.

If its a item that does not effect anything, I think it is okay. Anything more and no. I think some people do want more though, but I won't give any unfair advantages. I've always been a fair man when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Backpack

Postby Backpack » Fri May 06, 2016 5:14 am

Wasn't planning on adding anything further to this thread, but glad to see you get where i'm coming from chawk, and I absolutely understand your managerial philosophy. That being said, we should totally get together sometime and make sweet love.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 06, 2016 5:38 am

Backpack wrote:Wasn't planning on adding anything further to this thread, but glad to see you get where i'm coming from chawk, and I absolutely understand your managerial philosophy. That being said, we should totally get together sometime and make sweet love.

Love you bro. All the hearts.

Kenichi

Postby Kenichi » Fri May 06, 2016 9:46 am

lol...... this is hilarious.

Either you help out to get a close game to what rok was or gtfo, no one is asking for your help.

"Thanks for helping"

and Leases should be no longer than 6months, maybe 3 months intervals. :)

-Much Love.

Return to “Archive Chat”