What's Needed

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: What's Needed

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Same as ROK classes to start. We'll see in the future for other things.

Feel free to help out any way you can, art or calculation 8)

We won't be using any stolen art. Art in packs it depends. I'm not trying to be a dink when I say this but people being artists and actually creating art for the game are two different things. I will gladly use custom art over any other art (and even phase out bought art) but we don't really have artists and the community is no where near big as it used to be.

I'd rather have some filler art (long as its not stolen and legal to use in our situation.) then no art at all, pretty much.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:27 pm

I feel the same way I would love to have all custom art but as of now it's a bottleneck for game progress so I'm fine using legit art packs.

Even tho it's not custom there are still some great artists so it's not like we are going to use "bad" art.

That said when it can be replaced I'm all for it.

Cyrus

Postby Cyrus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:20 am

There was a googledoc where we had item/monster/lore descriptions which were supposed to be added to RoK but never got implemented. Chris, I think you managed it so maybe you can use those? I remember writing at least 20 entries myself. Since they weren´t added to RoK we can reuse them right?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:39 pm

If they weren't used don't see why not

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:56 pm

Cyrus wrote:There was a googledoc where we had item/monster/lore descriptions which were supposed to be added to RoK but never got implemented. Chris, I think you managed it so maybe you can use those? I remember writing at least 20 entries myself. Since they weren´t added to RoK we can reuse them right?

Nice that's exciting!

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm

We we thinking of doing the origenal roller system? Or are we going to use the newer system were you pick and chose your stats... IMO i loved the roller even if there was bots for it they still took 100 years to get a 6 stat and it gave the game another depth to it cause everyone would have random stats making every character unique. As a gamer i hate cookie cutter games there are far to many out there already.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Scytso wrote:We we thinking of doing the origenal roller system? Or are we going to use the newer system were you pick and chose your stats... IMO i loved the roller even if there was bots for it they still took 100 years to get a 6 stat and it gave the game another depth to it cause everyone would have random stats making every character unique. As a gamer i hate cookie cutter games there are far to many out there already.

I think we are going with the point system not only does it ensure easy quick access to starting the game (shouldnt have to spend hours rolling) but the roller is just way to easy to beat. I wouldn't mind seeing it in the roller added maybe down the road as an alternate option if it for sure couldnt be beat but atm I dont see how thats possible or worth chris time atm.

As for all players being clones there was still a lot of diversity in rok stat wise I know I had a few different stat druids, clerics and paladins so it is a thing. Also most games give set stats right off the bat and that seems to work fine so if you think about it with class, race and stat choosing possibilities there will be a good variance. I think once things are stable and we get back to where rok was I am assuming chris will balance races so there is a point to pick all race combos for classes (for example something other than human druids).

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:02 pm

A story to start

It's wonderful to see so much energy and excitement from the remnants of the RoK community and I applaud the notion of building something new. However I'm finding a vision behind this new concept difficult to grasp – because there is none.

I see this all to often with my clients. A dozen people throw pieces of a puzzle into the center of the table and none of them fit together. If everyone is going to be creating pieces of the puzzle than they all must know what the puzzle is supposed to be.

I suggest we start not with OAD monsters and Art pulled from stock websites, but with a story. A reason for it all to make sense.

RoK was great, but don't set out to clone it. Create your own story, with your own heroes, and your own adventures. How can you find artwork for a world that isn't imagined or created a OAD monster in a land that has no reason. Why is the game even called Ember? What is Ember? RoK had lore and gods and a place. Let's create that place and then fill it. We can leverage the culture and community of RoK but let's imagine a new world.

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Syndar has been destroyed. Natural disaster unraveled the very fabric of the continent. We band of X amount if survivors call ourselves the Ember because the flames of our past is forging our future.
Last edited by Dorgon on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:30 pm

I am pretty sure we are leaving out any mention of rok or syndar. Might wanna check with Chris tho.

Return to “Archive Chat”