1 Character

What should the online character limit be for one person?

69%
31%

Total votes: 32
Dorgon

Re: 1 Character

Postby Dorgon » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Dieu wrote:Hey guys! My opinion is 2a will eventually be crucial for various aspects of the game. Im not opposed to starting at 1a. I like the idea of a compromise between the two positions with doing something like start 1a for the infancy of the game then move to 2a once the game matures a bit.

As far as new players go I think a mentoring system of sorts would help alot. Maby you could get like a title or something for mentoring x amount of players. Nothing game breaking and it would be very helpful to start getting newer people acclimated to the games mechanics and stuff. I know when I first downloaded all those years ago I was lost.

P.S. loving the direction and collaboration on this project.

A title is a great idea. It lets players know they can turn to you and also makes them want to recruit so they can also get the title. 1a is fine at first, let everyone get acclimated to the game then give the option to use 2. Put a level cap on until one crit gets to level 10 or whatever.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Satsujin wrote:This isn't a proper discussion though, it's an argument. One alt is fine on a balanced game, two just tells new players "you have to do it this way or you might as well fuck off", exactly like it was on ROK.

That's exactly how I feel. You guys gotta consider putting the games best interest before yourselves (yes I know Alts are fun but you have the advantage of knowing the game already). try to put yourselves in a new players shoes starting a new game. This game is going to be a lot different than most 3D games they play so it's already overwhelming.

What's more approachable? 1 character you can actually dig into, RP with, learn to play or a complicated game that only works when you are running two clients? And while you are trying to learn all these people have a huge advantage over you. I know for one I wouldn't be attracted to the second at all...

Reckqq

Postby Reckqq » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 pm

When playing a game especially a game with PvP, my number one concern is always barrier to entry. Personally I want as much people to participate and compete with me as possible. The more hoops and hurdles someone has to go through to simply participate (not talking dominate, or anything like that, just entry level) the less I like the game. If 2-3 alts are allowed then 2-3 alts will essentially become required to excel end game. Let's take the emphasis away from multi boxing and put it back in the hands of guilds, parties, friends and team work whilst still letting solos have their fun.
:evil: TJ Lethal :twisted:

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:40 am

If we end up doing one alt, how will we address the issue of moving items and gold to characters within our account... Or will we not be able to do that?
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:53 am

Mujahideen wrote:If we end up doing one alt, how will we address the issue of moving items and gold to characters within our account... Or will we not be able to do that?

Chris has already said there will be account vaults for items I assume this will work the same with gold (in the same town). So technically it should be even easier than old roks way of having to log alts on and off to find certain items and whatnot.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:53 am

Lateralus wrote:
Mujahideen wrote:If we end up doing one alt, how will we address the issue of moving items and gold to characters within our account... Or will we not be able to do that?

Chris has already said there will be account vaults for items I assume this will work the same with gold (in the same town). So technically it should be even easier than old roks way of having to log alts on and off to find certain items and whatnot.

Yeah, I can make it account wise. It's not right now, but that's a good idea for gold too. I actually had not thought of that, but that is a good idea if we go with 1 alt. Again regardless, this is to 'start'. Once we get a larger base, if it happens, we can see about changing it in the future if thats how the votes go for now.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:22 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Yeah, I can make it account wise. It's not right now, but that's a good idea for gold too. I actually had not thought of that, but that is a good idea if we go with 1 alt. Again regardless, this is to 'start'. Once we get a larger base, if it happens, we can see about changing it in the future if thats how the votes go for now.

And I'm all for that I'm just saying give 1 character a chance while the game is open to the public and let the players pour in I really think It's going to be great for the game. If not like you said it's way easier to adjust up than it is down.

Scytso

Postby Scytso » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:10 pm

I agree with Lat that the game should only allow 1 character played at a time. For my aspect it just makes it a lot more fair for ppl that cant multitask or that plan to play this on a tablet or phone if those are going to be options. If its to hard for someone to play there character solo that just means the class or race they chose wasnt balanced enough and needs to be reworked to make it playable.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 pm

I don't see how you can make a game for a PC and have it be balanced for a tablet. You will be lacking somewhere such as typing commands on your tablet screen and keeping up with people who use the mouse. It's like taking a two wheel drive sedan off road.

In order for it to work on a tablet, you'd have to dumb the game down.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Kenichi

Postby Kenichi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:31 pm

2 brings a lot of interesting scenarios in fight and character combinations. <3

Return to “Archive Chat”