Multiple pets (3 sorc, 5 necro, etc)
33%
One pet (1 pet that is more powerful)
67%

Total votes: 18
Lateralus

Re: Pets

Postby Lateralus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:00 pm

I think if we are already looking into an aggro type system for knights that's something that could be transferred to pets as well. This way sorcs and necros could still be tanky while still only having 1 pet if this is possible I'd like to see it changed to just 1 pet and have the best of both worlds.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Lateralus wrote:I think if we are already looking into an aggro type system for knights that's something that could be transferred to pets as well. This way sorcs and necros could still be tanky while still only having 1 pet if this is possible I'd like to see it changed to just 1 pet and have the best of both worlds.

This is also true. They could be set to agro level 3 perma. So this works too.
AKA pets with taunt level 3 or 5, etc.

So one pet could be like the NPCs int he area see it 3 or 5 times in their attack list, making them meatshields still.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:56 pm

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:02 pm

It seems pretty close, I am undecided, 2 spells? :p
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:10 pm

daedroth wrote:It seems pretty close, I am undecided, 2 spells? :p

Defeats the purpose.

Arthani

Postby Arthani » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 pm

One pet seems way easier and straight forward, especiallly for newer people were looking to bring into the fold shortly down the road. maybe give each pet its own flavour, a tanky pet, a self sustaining lich for necros that can heal itself etc.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:02 pm

NiteHawk wrote:***EDIT: We can just use the knights taunt effect on pets to generate more attacks against it so it simulates 3 or 5 monsters.

I take that to mean that the one Golem would have a constant /taunt going where monsters target it more. For instance:
Kruell
Golem
>Golem
>Golem
>Golem
>Golem
... even though it's only me and the Golem in the square with monsters they still have a much lower chance of attacking me.

If that's the way it is going to be, I'll vote for one monster. It will make for a cleaner interface. There are still some cons but we can try to balance it out as we go.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Kruell wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:***EDIT: We can just use the knights taunt effect on pets to generate more attacks against it so it simulates 3 or 5 monsters.

I take that to mean that the one Golem would have a constant /taunt going where monsters target it more. For instance:
Kruell
Golem
>Golem
>Golem
>Golem
>Golem
... even though it's only me and the Golem in the square with monsters they still have a much lower chance of attacking me.

If that's the way it is going to be, I'll vote for one monster. It will make for a cleaner interface. There are still some cons but we can try to balance it out as we go.

Correct on that.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:44 am

Yeh i know it defeated the purpose, its just deciding what one i liked... tbh, it will be smoother with the 1 powerful pet, easier to keep track of things. Less strain on sytems.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Grahf

Postby Grahf » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:22 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Zilveari wrote:I like what we had discussed previously where Rangers get one pet that grows along with them. While spellcasters don't have pets, they summon familiars/hordes. Maybe also let Druids summon a Dryad or Nymph or something that does some small healing.

Yeah that's already set for rangers. It'll be a super buddy pretty much.

I don't know all the details to this but it would be very nice if the ranger could tame any animal or creature to be their pet. and when that is done the creature gets all new special ranger pet stats that are uniform. That way every ranger can have a different unique pet instead of everyone having the same creature because that particular creature has the best stats.

Return to “Archive Chat”