MP gain in temples

What should we do for MP recovery in temples?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:18 pm

1. Leave it the way it is. 5MP per tick.
15%
2. Increase MP to 10MP per tick.
15%
3. Increase MP to 15MP per tick.
10%
4. Set time. Sit in temple for 2 minutes and recover full HP/MP over time.
40%
5. Set time. Sit in temple for 3 minutes and recover full HP/MP over time.
No votes
6. Set time. Sit in temple for 4 minutes and recover full HP/MP over time.
No votes
7. Full recovery in temples with a button (Expensive cost?)
20%

Total votes: 20
NiteHawk
Site Admin

MP gain in temples

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Some people say MP recovery should be in temples, some do not.

I personally am against a full recovery in temples. For me, I disagree with this because I think it makes MP recovery too easy. MP is SUPPOSED to be harder to get then HP. I think it makes potions less useful and makes spell casters hug the cities more. I 'think' it needs to be harder. Don't just vote this because its easy and you're lazy. Think about non MP classes vs MP classes in this regard too. If we do add this, it will be expensive. I.E. You can use potions to be cheap, or a quick regen at the temples. I don't like this too as players wouldn't understand this and would probably run out of money even faster too.

However I'm not opposed to changing the passive amount gains in temples, or making HP/MP a set amount of time. So let's show the options.

1. Leave it the way it is. 5MP per tick.
2. Increase MP to 10MP per tick.
3. Increase MP to 15MP per tick.
4. Set time. Sit in temple for 2 minutes and recover full HP/MP over time.
5. Set time. Sit in temple for 3 minutes and recover full HP/MP over time.
6. Set time. Sit in temple for 4 minutes and recover full HP/MP over time.
7. Full recovery in temples with a button (Expensive cost?)

'Set' time would be it would heal a percentage of your HP/MP rather then a tick amount. Means that higher levels would gain more MP/HP per tick.

Remember that we're missing a GOOD amount of mana food and mana potions, I believe three tiers of them. They will recover a good deal more on use in the future when we have them released.

Cerebrus

Re: MP gain in temples

Postby Cerebrus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:20 pm

I think mp should be refilled when health is, but raise cost

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Cerebrus wrote:I think mp should be refilled when health is, but raise cost

It would have to be a separate button if we allow this. No way I'm keeping them the same or cheap as HP.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:24 pm

Better idea. Offer both options. You can choose to pay the higher gold amount to refill instantly or sit in temple for period of time until its full

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Cerebrus wrote:Better idea. Offer both options. You can choose to pay the higher gold amount to refill instantly or sit in temple for period of time until its full

That is how it will be as is, yeah. I still disagree with it though. 8) Will do it if people want it though.

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm

I like that. Have a mana healing button that costs like 10x as much as the health button point for point. Or 10x the cost of a pot point for point or something. The temple should probably still be a hot spring type room though for people who don't want to pay for it. It would still heal for more per tick than other rooms.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Zilveari wrote:I like that. Have a mana healing button that costs like 10x as much as the health button point for point. Or 10x the cost of a pot point for point or something. The temple should probably still be a hot spring type room though for people who don't want to pay for it. It would still heal for more per tick than other rooms.

The reason why I disagree with it is it's not newbie friendly at all, it's vet friendly. Newbies won't understand it, but it kind of needs to be told in the tutorial or something. 10x is a bit of a stretch though, but yeah. But if left unchecked players would be broke from not understanding what it gives. It does need to be a high value if it does get added.

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 pm

I think purchasing mana relief in temples is a slippery slope to tread and in doing so over the long term will have no offsets to sold items in stores. Mana use from stores will go WAY down except for OADs and Events (since you get locked in basically) which is still severely limited by comparison to say mana use while leveling which is about near the most stable use of mana purchases. Add mana relief in and people's laziness will drive them to farm that extra bit of gold to just pay recovery costs with a single button. People by nature are lazy and to have to do all those extra things to purchase and use mana (even at a cheaper cost) won't win out here. However, in voting for that button option you are creating a, in my opinion, a severe drain to gold sinks (gold seems so far pretty easy to farm at a steady rate with all the drops) and an unbalancing to future issues that are clearly just not in focus yet for those voting on options for this game (economy, store usefulness, not to mention the more things are consolidated into a temple or wherever the larger loss of the aesthetic value of the game.....in other words what is the point of going to a store if I can just get it at home for nearly free and also where is the joy in finding entertaining items well written or finding out that Ceraphi Dust is the most badass mana in game to get and is actually WORTH it to to find and purchase pre-leveling, Oad, Event). I really have no more to say on the issue beyond this.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 pm

I just think ticks for mana and Ho should be brought up higher to 15-20. Downtime is no fun for anyone and if you are in town you shouldn't have to deal with much of any. I know there's the whole blessing and enchanting taking time but I feel like 15-20 per tick for both is pretty fair. If you wanna get complicated you could do it by level. At level 1 your gaining 5 at level 25 your gaining 20.

Maker

Postby Maker » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:07 pm

I think it's important to keep in mind that the game shouldn't be hard for the majority of players. That'll just scare them off. The basic areas/experiences should be easy/medium difficulty. The special areas such as oads or extremely high level areas should be where it gets hard. Where games are going, in order to attract players they need to appeal to the casual player as well.

So doing things like making it difficult or expensive to regenerate mp even when you're just leveling in the arena might be a bad idea. Allowing players to regenerate hp and mp in the temple for relatively cheap won't make it any easier to regenerate mp in the middle of a oad boss, or distant high level area.

Return to “Archive Chat”