Banks

Lavelia

Banks

Postby Lavelia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Can we get them all connected together throughout the realm? Running gold through waves of thieves to southern towns is a total pain. I know it's not a major concern, but if your money is in Canopia and you need to buy armor, pots, and mana in, say, Witen...you have to run through mobs that steal from you and if you take a specific amount for a specific number of items and along the way you get robbed repeatedly then you're stuck depositing and either killing every mob on your way back or just going back to Canopia to for more gold that might, subsequently, get robbed from you. Connecting the banks would make things simpler and much less frustrating.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Banks

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:40 am

I never liked connected banks in ROK. They always made the realms way to simple and boring. Alot of the risk can be hauling your gold, and for pkers, finding people whom was doing it.

I know it can be a pain right now because you can't simply pick a leveling path and go, because where you can level is super limited. The intention is that there will be two paths to start, one to the south, and one to the east/northish that allow level progression, so you'd need to pick a path and stick to it. If you don't like the path and you want to go elsewhere to level, that is totally fine, but you'll have to risk moving around your gold.

But the main reason is I simply think it cators to easy mode and I never enjoyed it in post-crash ROK.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 am

Just my opinion, but I'm not a fan of connected banks either. That risk of moving gold around is huge. Making a long run with a bunch of gold should feel risky, and it should BE risky. Maybe you get killed by random monsters or more importantly roaming PKers. So you counter the risk by moving it with a group, or at least a Guardian. It's part of the gameplay.

I say this having lost plenty of gold back in the day to death by npc, robbing by npc, death by pkers, etc..
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:34 am

i would love linked banks for selfish reasons (laziness, no chance of losing gold etc), but i think it should stay as is, adds risk to the game and pays a pkers wages
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Frost

Postby Frost » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:08 am

daedroth wrote:i would love linked banks for selfish reasons (laziness, no chance of losing gold etc), but i think it should stay as is, adds risk to the game and pays a pkers wages

Agree here.

Just picking up on something the OP said though, the speed at with the Beggars and other mobs south of Canopia are pick-pocketing is too high. Even when you are moving as quickly as possible they clear you out of hundreds of gold instantly. This is OK when you've built up a gold reserve but for the new players it is really problematic.

Aieron

Postby Aieron » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:11 am

Frost wrote:
daedroth wrote:i would love linked banks for selfish reasons (laziness, no chance of losing gold etc), but i think it should stay as is, adds risk to the game and pays a pkers wages

Agree here.

Just picking up on something the OP said though, the speed at with the Beggars and other mobs south of Canopia are pick-pocketing is too high. Even when you are moving as quickly as possible they clear you out of hundreds of gold instantly. This is OK when you've built up a gold reserve but for the new players it is really problematic.

Just stop and kill em? I've gone through that area so much without getting robbed. Anytime I had to go slow through the area, I just killed any that got any decent robs off.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:31 am

You can actually make decent gold farming them time to time because your right the beggars and what not snatch some gold from people who pass by.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:21 am

@Aieron/Lateralus it is ok right now to farm/kill them if your robbed or for gold, but when pking picks up then it would be more problematic. I am not sure how fast they steal tbh, so I am not sure if they are stealing too fast or not. I cant remember having a problem with being over-robbed by them though.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:23 am

Global banks will never happen, so this is a moot point.

I do have some says in some things I think I thought worked very well in old ROK days, and I think global banks ruined some of the fun in PKing.

PKing 'is' a thing and will be a big part of the game. The incentive of getting to 25 is wanting to be that asshole and PK others. 8) It's a fun mechanic.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:49 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Global banks will never happen, so this is a moot point.

I do have some says in some things I think I thought worked very well in old ROK days, and I think global banks ruined some of the fun in PKing.

PKing 'is' a thing and will be a big part of the game. The incentive of getting to 25 is wanting to be that asshole and PK others. 8) It's a fun mechanic.

Preach

Return to “Archive Chat”