1.2.2.1 (Mouse Clicks & Monsters!) UPDATE: 1.2.2.2 with commands as well!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

1.2.2.1 (Mouse Clicks & Monsters!) UPDATE: 1.2.2.2 with commands as well!

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:09 am

I figured it would be good to announce this one. You can now use the mouse clicks or quick mouse icons to select different monsters of the same name.

I realized that I was already sending a unique ID for some other things, which was the ID of the monster in the monster list. I simply modified the coding to validate for this when searching for a monster server side, and made the client send out the ID rather then the monster name. Thus, you can now use the mouse clicks to target different monsters now with the same name, or other things like looking over.

Unfortunately this doesn't really work for commands. I could make a simple method of displaying the ID if the user asks for it in the description (aka a toggle), or eventually I can make it so you type 'a npcmobname number' to pick a different monster in the specific room. The first option would be quicker I would think in terms of selecting an NPC, as you'd do something like 'a 66' and that would be the mob you attack. But the second option is probably more clear and doesn't require any option to show IDs, as if you want to attack the second mob with the same name and it would be 'a rabbit 2' for example.

Not sure yet, we'll see.

Folder

Re: 1.2.2.1 (Mouse Clicks & Monsters!)

Postby Folder » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:18 pm

You're awesome man!
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: 1.2.2.1 (Mouse Clicks & Monsters!) UPDATE: 1.2.2.2 with commands as well!

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:22 pm

So, in your server options you can now enable NPCIDs. It's not the greatest way but it was a fast add. You can attack by simply typing 'a ID' to attack a monster. IDs can change though, but if you use generic commands it might help out anyways. So if their id Is 5, you simply type

'a 5'

or

'c beam 5'

And it will attack that target..

Thanks!

Lateralus

Re: 1.2.2.1 (Mouse Clicks & Monsters!) UPDATE: 1.2.2.2 with commands as well!

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:13 pm

Very needed especially for thieves.

Return to “Archive Chat”