1.3.0.0 Major Changes

NiteHawk
Site Admin

1.3.0.0 Major Changes

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:44 am

So let's discuss some changes.

First off the launcher:

The launcher is run before the EXE now. It will auto update if needed. It can also auto launch if you want. All the files are now stored in a proper location (ProgramData folder) so the Launcher EXE file can be run anywhere. You do not need any additional DLL files as it is all embedded into the EXE file. It should be good to go right out of the box!

It should MD5 check the EXE and ZIP file now too. And retry if it is invalid up to 3 times.

The game will shutdown now if an update is needed. It should auto-launch the updater and update. If you have the AUTO LAUNCH checked, it should throw you back at the game main screen as well. Simple!

----

On the client side:

With the encryption changes, you will lose your maps and there is no point to copy the old map files. This is because I realized the old encryption could reset itself pretty easily. So simply put, the encryption has been changed, which breaks your files! You will have to remap again anyways, hopefully for the last time unless there is more problems.

On top of that the network coding was adjusted. Ry found some ways to get the decryption keys, though this isn't a serious risk, it means people can make their own clients, so I had to change this. On top of this, I protected the coding, but some AV systems don't understand how this works and might scream a false positive at you. If this happens to you, please submit the false positive here: http://ember-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=638.. I will try to solve it ASAP. Please remember, IT IS A FALSE REPORT, the file is 100% clean!

All items that are green and up have a warning message on sell. You can turn this off in the options though. This is because the way selling things is being adjusted. You will be able to sell most items anywhere soon. It keeps the prices universal so we don't have for example, torches you can buy at 10 gold and sell some where else at 50 gold.

/exit and /quit should bring you to the character creation screen now.

Finally, there is a PARTY CHAT tab now. Rad. You can use '' (two apostrophe, not a double quote) or /pc to chat. I removed /cc and /c as they don't pertain to this game, and I am not keeping commands just for the sake of ROK anymore. Use /gc or ' (one single quote) to chat. If you don't like it, tough nuts.

----

On to the game aspects - lets talk about the important things:

Food. Food should be alot better now. I am still working out the prices, but food itself should function differently. First off, food has a 20 second wait timer after being aggressed or doing an action. The purple bar on the bottom right should indicate when you can eat. I might of missed some areas, so please report it in the bugs area if you don't see the this 20 second bar reset.

Food does not have a 120 second timer anymore either. You can eat food endlessly. Instead of taking 60 seconds to heal MP or HP, it takes 20 seconds now. On top of that, food now regenerates a percentage of HP, MP, or both. HP is starting at 80%, MP starts at 50%. This may changes though.

Finally, HP and MP food can be used AT THE SAME TIME (unless a food does both MP and HP, only one exists though atm, they will be rare.) So you can eat ONE HP and ONE MP food to regen both HP and MP at the same time! If you eat another food while eating a current though, it will override the current food you are eating (either HP or MP).

This SHOULD make food alot more useful, and prevent people from using so much money on potions. Food will ultimately be cheaper to buy and will be a good alternative to quaffing potions like mad. Potions should be used in combat, food out of combat. It should REALLY help with MP users too, as I know their has not been a easy way to gain your MP. This should at least be fair, though again, the value might change.

In turn of this, I have made potions double time. You can have one potion per 8 seconds (per round really.) We will see how this works in level 25 combat. Currently, it is way too high. We will see how this goes and adjust the potion values based on this IF needed.

---

Some scripts have been adjusted, autosneak and steal being the two main offenders. Autosneak is now set amount based, based on INT and LVL. Steal is now based on Thief AGI vs Defender INT. The amount was adjusted on gold that you can take, and NPCs should take alot less now.
NPC scripts for hiding have been adjusted. They do not hide on their last attack, but have a higher chance to hide on other attacks. This means they are decent to level on still and won't be too much of a pain, but will still hurt you on a BS land.
Scrolls shouldn't have any timers on them now.

---

All the chat colors are adjusted, but they may need individual colors. We will see though. I have also adjusted it so that >>> Name <<< is guild chat, ((( Name ))) is page chat, and ### Name ### is party chat.
Also when you miss or someone takes a swing at you and they miss, the 'miss' color will be in yellow now.

---

Charisma gives modifications to HP and MP per point now, alternating. This won't effect your character HP/MP now, but will effect it on a new character or if you level. I hope however that when we do this level 25 test, people will make new characters and level them up, because it will give us a 100% accurate test then. You get the following now:

10 charisma: 0 HP -- 0 MP
11 charisma: 0-1HP -- 0 MP
12 charisma: 0-1HP -- 0-1 MP
13 charisma: 1-2HP -- 0-1 MP
14 charisma: 1-2HP -- 0-2 MP
15 charisma: 1-3HP -- 0-2 MP
16 charisma: 1-3HP -- 1-2 MP
17 charisma: 2-4HP -- 1-2 MP
18 charisma: 2-4HP -- 1-3 MP
19 charisma: 2-5HP -- 1-3 MP
20 charisma: 2-5HP -- 2-3 MP
21 charisma: 3-6HP -- 2-3 MP
22 charisma: 3-6HP -- 2-4 MP
23 charisma: 3-7HP -- 2-4 MP

Done deal. It is pretty similar to what it is now, except that instead of it being based on 12-16-20, it scales per point to that value.

---

I've adjusted AP per enchant from 0.6 to 0.5. This will round all the AP values now (since 0.5 min and 0.5 max is 1 AP per bless/enchant/etc). I have also raised the damage multiplier on all classes a little to compensate for the lost damage. Most maximums will be the same, minimums might lose 2-5 points. Overall though you will deal more damage without a enchanted item which will in turn help new players out. With enchants, again, should be similar damage values.

---

I will be enabling super XP and GOLD. I will also be releasing OAD type items to buy at a store near the starter city. We need to get testing, and should last about two weeks. Then reset, long as the builders have the areas in.

There is ALOT more changes, read about them here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=93

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: 1.3.0.0 Major Changes

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:34 am

Updated post with details.

iced

Postby iced » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:16 pm

you post too much

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:39 pm

thx

Lavelia

Postby Lavelia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:34 pm

To clarify lol The quick party chat (well and guild chat too) option isn't a quotation mark. It's called an apostrophe and you use two of them, as opposed to the single one you use for guild chat. So ' and then right away again ' with no spaces between them. Had a friend, earlier, who was trying " and " " instead so figured this would help :)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 pm

I had to reset maps/login details again in 1.3.0.4. Sorry about that.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:19 am

I would like to request new colors for guild and page chat. They're both green and hard to tell apart aside from the bars around the name.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:37 am

Yeah I figured on that one. What colors would everyone want for pages/party colors.

Thing is green is pretty nice overall for the text. We can always adjust the pink color though so each starts with a different color (The symbols and the name itself can be different). But maybe people think the text color could change too, but need to know what exactly.

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:57 am

Why not just use # for Guild and ' for Party?

What about adding a Friend channel/chat? Chat command ] ?
Aftershock

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:17 am

cadabra wrote:Why not just use # for Guild and ' for Party?

What about adding a Friend channel/chat? Chat command ] ?

Not sure I follow, the issue he is having is that he's having a harder time distinguishing them because of the color.

I won't really be adding a friends list for some time, but there won't ever be a friend chat. It's a bit to messy then (specially because if someone has more friends and they page/etc), they would get half convos if they had different friends then you, it would be wierd overall.

Channels is interesting but again I don't think it's really needed right now when the game is so small. I might look into it in the future if we ever do grow, but right now it's more features to add for massive amounts of players and it takes up time I can be doing spending it on things that the smaller community we have right now would enjoy.

Another note: How would people feel if I used ; for party chat command instead of double apostrophes . I don't want to keep both in this case anyways.

Return to “Archive Chat”