Status of Dodge/AC/Damage

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Status of Dodge/AC/Damage

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:30 am

I'd like to know how everyone feels about them so far so I can move on if they are OK. (at least for release, we can still modify it as we go, but need a decent starting line).

I'm going to check spells and MR next, but they actually might be okay with the damage nerf to be honest now. But we need tests on some classes like bards with proper instruments for party helping and necros since they been changed recently.

Thanks.

daedroth

Re: Status of Dodge/AC/Damage

Postby daedroth » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 am

Seems fine to me. However dwarves should get a +8 agl for dodge and attack.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Ivor

Postby Ivor » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:08 am

I still think monsters hit us way too often. And its ok when fighting a hard/ high lvl mob, but 4-5 levels below? Feels kinda annoying.

daedroth wrote:Seems fine to me. However dwarves should get a +8 agl for dodge and attack.

lol true. I deleted all the dwarves i rolled, seems they cant make any decent class, except maybe a MR monk.
Mac : they crash different

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:12 am

I had a feeling it might be, let me try making it so if Defender is player the lower dodge (currently only used for PVP) will take into effect. Then I can raise AGI on special mobs.

dunky

Postby dunky » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:56 am

I dueled a few people with my gnome Enchanter and actually won. A couple were very close matches, less than 100 hp from death. Compared to how ninjas and berzerkers tended to kill people fairly quickly, it seems more balanced.

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Ivor wrote:I still think monsters hit us way too often. And its ok when fighting a hard/ high lvl mob, but 4-5 levels below? Feels kinda annoying.

Too often as in having too high of a hitrate? Or attacking too many times?

Ivor

Postby Ivor » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:50 pm

For having a high hit rate. At least the ones that are 4-5 lvls below. They shouldnt hit that often.
Mac : they crash different

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Ivor wrote:For having a high hit rate. At least the ones that are 4-5 lvls below. They shouldnt hit that often.

Well their hitrate should be a bit different now. The only hitrate that is different is player vs monster which is boosted when attacking a monster, but not vise versa.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:35 pm

If it's good now I'd like to get into ensuring MR and damage is good. Cause I really want to release soon.

The whole EXP thing though its needed, alot of people are bored obviously and aren't logging in. It's understandable anyways, but gotta get testing done and then wipe.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:50 am

Or working..yes the working man ç (

Return to “Archive Chat”