RECALL!

Bron

RECALL!

Postby Bron » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 am

Proposal for a skill idea for EVERYONE (all classes/races/etc)

/Recall : sends you back to the temple you are currently bound at.

Can only be used once every 30 minutes.
Can only be used once out of combat. (you know that little purple bar in the bottom right of the current client has to be gone).

Just something that would make it easier on people. But wouldn't allow them to flee instantly from a room with mobs or players attacking them.
But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost.

Cerebrus

Re: RECALL!

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:28 am

I kind of like this idea, but right now with the world not being all that big, I dont see why it would be needed. Maybe once the world grows a little?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Maybe if the world was big enough yeah. :P Right now the idea wouldn't really help the game I think with a low amount of players. (aka pkers hunting). I know you said about the timer but I have a feeling if someone exhausts they can get away fairly quickly for the last 10 seconds and recall out. Might need a longer timer for this one like a minute.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Only if you call it town portal and make us carry around scrolls to use it.

Actually don't like the idea at all lol. Not really a fan of anything that takes out any bit of the danger aspect of being out in the world. Looking into the future I also think it would be a cheese way to escape oad areas with zero danger.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Folder wrote:Only if you call it town portal and make us carry around scrolls to use it.

Actually don't like the idea at all lol. Not really a fan of anything that takes out any bit of the danger aspect of being out in the world. Looking into the future I also think it would be a cheese way to escape oad areas with zero danger.

Oo that's very true too about OADs too.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:52 pm

This actually reminded me of an ability on an old BBS door game I remember using. You could '/camp' and after 30 seconds you would log out if nothing attacked you while waiting. You would then be unable to log into that character for 8 hours. You would get the message "You are currently asleep. You should wake up in X hours." whenever you tried to log in. When you DID get logged in though you were always back in your base safely. Of course with that game you could end up lost several levels into the dungeon, trapped behind wandering monsters, making your safe return home unlikely.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:03 am

If this was introduced there would definetly needto be some restrictions.
I just think its a too easy way of avoiding danger (as Folder mentioned). OH no pker! *hit /recall macro*, and yeh esp OAD areas (although they could have a lock to prevent this).
Charge up/cool down period (sorta like Kruell mentioned) would definetly need to be implemented.
Still don't like it though, i prefer to run screaming back to town with my ill gotten loot.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Bron

Postby Bron » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:23 am

I wouldn't mind a longer cast time. Maybe have to be out of combat and then it counts down when you start to use it. Like 15 seconds once you start using it, the skill counts down.

/recall
You will recall to (City) in 15 seconds.
You will recall to (City) in 10 seconds.
You will recall to (City) in 5 seconds.
You will recall to (City) in 4 seconds.
You will recall to (City) in 3 seconds.
You will recall to (City) in 2 seconds.
You will recall to (City) in 1 seconds.

If at any time you are attacked again while recalling it cancels out the use of the skill.
And yea, just add a flag to the rooms within an OAD area that prevent the use of the recall skills. So at least you have to run a little ways away. Not like it isn't hard to get away once you get an item and are in the open. This would be more for players who need to log out, but when they log back in would prefer to be in town and are a ways away.
But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost.

Return to “Archive Chat”