Monks

Lateralus

Re: Monks

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:15 am

Folder wrote:Zerkers do more damage but they also take more damage, both magic and melee. Something to keep in mind.

In realitiy I would say zerkers are better in pve (more damage output and more damage coming in). Monks are much better in pvp (often have high number damage output and take less physical and magical damage).

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:13 am

I made a Barbarian and at level 10 it almost out damages my Saurian Ninja. Just saying.
Aftershock

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:16 am

Seems legit :lol:
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 am

cadabra wrote:I made a Barbarian and at level 10 it almost out damages my Saurian Ninja. Just saying.

Wow, your barb will be a God when he is zerker :D
Much GREATNESS!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:55 pm

cadabra wrote:I made a Barbarian and at level 10 it almost out damages my Saurian Ninja. Just saying.

You must have a terrible ninja then.

The damage output is 161-192 with div (Not including RH), though that is with purple OAD, it's probably one or two less min/max I think that is released right now, so its probably more like 7-12 damage less overall. (So something like 150-180 would be a good base on DIV). RH is double attack so x2 when it happens. They have 5 attacks. There is a potential of two roundhouses per round if you are lucky.

---

Your level 10 barb, dealing with level 8 items because you can't use level 15 items. With a purple level 8, which I highly doubt you have, but we will use that for the sake of argument, 11-15 min/max. I'll even deck it out for you. 67-79 damage, on div. This is also using two swords. Obviously you have the rage which is 40% more damage, but that still is like 117 max. VS a roundhouse at level 25 that can probably hit for just under 400.

---

General damage output, I'll even only use one RH. 192, 192, 384, 192, 192 = 1152 damage, but probably take away 50-70 damage since OAD purple items aren't in. Lets say around 1080 per round.

Your level 10 barb: 79,79,117 = 275 damage per round
Next round could be: 117, 117, 79 = 313 damage per round, but if I said this, then I would have to include the chance of two roundhouses in the next round of a monk which would boost the damage of a monk to around 1260.

Both 22 str. I DUNNO MAN I DONT FEEL IT. I mean sure at level 25 you will see a gap as zerkers will do more damage overall, but also die faster. Specially to spell casters. Literal bricks. I disagree with people stating that monks will have higher damage in PVP. They won't, zerkers will, but they'll probably have overall less damage in the end because they'll die alot quicker in which the monk will probably still be on the battlefield. Zerkers make ideal hitting targets to make clerics sweat.

So monks, have overall less damage but much higher survivability, and zerkers will have more damage, but less survivability. Seems reasonable to me.

Not trying to be a dick here, but false information sucks in general. Riles up people too.

P.S. on 'MY SAUR MONK DONT DO THAT ON DIV YET.

You attack a earth dummy with your oad staff for 192 points of damage!

Can't be far off.

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Monk won't hit 5/5 unless really really really lucky.

Obv i was joking though. Fancied a troll.
Aftershock

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:32 pm

cadabra wrote:Monk won't hit 5/5 unless really really really lucky.

Yeah yeah, but you do know this is how people start rumors cause people are terrible. 8) So I'd rather hit people with a data book just in case.

You are correct, monks won't hit 5/5 all the time no, but zerkers won't get all 3 of their rages either, at least in PVP anyways for both.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:04 am

guys please consider that the best monk weapon in game is a -1min green item (void staff) while the best zerker items are purple weapons (spectral 2 hander blue thats = to purple damage because its 2 hand) and void blade which is purple. so atm zerks have something like +2-3min and max over monks.

so im saying stick with us builders to get better staffs out then things will even out. i still think monks are the better of the 2 in pvp by far and zerks better in oad situations but monks are still good.

Thi

Postby Thi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:42 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
cadabra wrote:Monk won't hit 5/5 unless really really really lucky.

Yeah yeah, but you do know this is how people start rumors cause people are terrible. 8) So I'd rather hit people with a data book just in case.

You are correct, monks won't hit 5/5 all the time no, but zerkers won't get all 3 of their rages either, at least in PVP anyways for both.

<3 you for the databooks, keep it up man.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

Return to “Archive Chat”