Gold and You

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Gold and You

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:09 am

I would like if people who have the time, record their gold and what they use per level. Try to sum it up like this per level>

Level 15 to 16
Race/Class: Gnome Sorceror
Potions/Food: 1200 gold
Quests: 2000 gold (2 quests)
Leveling: 150 gold
Spells: 1000 gold
Gold not spent but earned: 2500 gold
Comment: Worked out okay, had some gold to spend. Overall balanced.

Or

Level 18 to 19
Race/Class: Half-Orc Assassin
Potions/Food: 2500 gold
Quests: 0 gold
Leveling: 1000 gold
Spells: 0 gold
Gold not spent but earned: 0 gold
Comment: I got my EXP but had to spend another 30 minutes getting gold just to level.

If people could start now that would be GRAND. Start on the next level you gain, post here each time you level or when you have done several levels. ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME.

Do not include gear/scrolls/etc costs, that is what the EXTRA area is meant to be for. I want to see if people have EXTRA gold to buy gear, scrolls, etc. Obviously they shouldn't be able to buy everything all at once but if people have some remainder then it is working as intended. I'd like to know if you do quests or not as well, and how many, just like the above. I want to know struggles or if it was good, such as capping out EXP but not having gold, etc.

We are working on getting gold sorted because I know some people struggle, lets balance this up!

Copy paste this and modify it per level!

Code: Select all

[b]Level xxto xx[/b]
[b]Race/Class: [/b]
[b]Potions/Food: [/b]xxxx gold
[b]Quests: [/b]xxxx gold
[b]Leveling: [/b]xxxx gold
[b]Spells: [/b]xxxx gold
[b]Gold not spent but earned:[/b] xxxx gold
[b]Comment: [/b]

FrostSlayer

Re: Gold and You

Postby FrostSlayer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:33 pm

Level 18 to 19
Race/Class: Half-Orc Assassin
Potions/Food: 0 gold
Leveling: 2500 gold (approx cost to level)
Spells: 0 gold
Gold not spent but earned: 1750 gold
Comment: didn't do any quests or gold farming or anything, just leveled, and had to dip into the bank to cover leveling costs. the next level will require me to farm for gold first.

Drasp

Postby Drasp » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:13 pm

I'll track this from 17 to 18. Saurian barb. Update today or tomorrow.

Update: Sooo I lost track after getting around 10k from random quests I completed. i have around 30k in the bank now without dedicating any specific time toward trying to farm for money, so...yeah. That.
Last edited by Drasp on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:17 pm

gonna have to try and remember to do this for a future level. My gold is all skewed because of leveling a thief alongside my main.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Right not really been paying attention.

Each of the characters I have levelled I have done all he academy and first city quests (pre Lat's recent change). By that time they were all 8/9th level with around 2-2.5k on them (monk/cleric/barb/sorcy/pally).

I have:
Barb 12th
Cleric x5 at 13th ea
Monk 9th and 10th
Sorcy 17th
Pally 14th

All have done the academy quests, first city quests and 5 fishies for the loggers, ancient treant, cleared the road quest fae barman. Rest of the levelling from killing stuff. No farming, just levelling and those quests.

Gold accumulated = 65k or so total (left over, as in sitting in the bank right now).

This is after spending on:
levelling fees (no idea, didnt keep track)
15 - 16k on spells and food/water.

Not sure how helpful that info is.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

RallosZek

Postby RallosZek » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:12 pm

level 15 Paladin with about a total of maybe 16k so far. Have done as many quests as I could find and a decent amount of just hitting orange named things when they were up.

It's tough to know how much you need since I only now just bought an item from someone. Seems like it's ok so far for someone not familiar at all with the world but with the game.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:59 pm

I can't contribute much to this other than to say I have a lot of gold from leveling a thief alongside my main pally. I think, at a guess, I could level a paladin and spend very little gold in the process because cure is so efficient. OR I could spend a good amount of gold and use smite to level faster. Paladin seems to be in a good spot as far as this goes.

Thief is a world of its own, gold is not an issue. XP while robbing is maybe lowish but that's a different thread.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Folder wrote:I can't contribute much to this other than to say I have a lot of gold from leveling a thief alongside my main pally. I think, at a guess, I could level a paladin and spend very little gold in the process because cure is so efficient. OR I could spend a good amount of gold and use smite to level faster. Paladin seems to be in a good spot as far as this goes.

Thief is a world of its own, gold is not an issue. XP while robbing is maybe lowish but that's a different thread.

Yeah atm robbing is x4 the hit exp. AKA if its 10 exp per hit, and you deal 200 damage, it would be 2000 exp. for stealing it would be 8000 exp cause x4.

Twitch

Postby Twitch » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:26 am

I keep messing up my count and then giving up on it, but I can tell you that I did about 3 low level quests and never again, and I'm broke as hell lol lvl 21

Man

Postby Man » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Level 1 to 21
Race/Class: Gnome Cleric
Potions/Food: 80000 gold
Leveling:
Spells:n
Gold not spent but earned: 0 gold

Comment: Starting a bit late, will update. From level 1 to 21 have purchased no gear, down 80,000 gold from when I started. so net gain 0 and negative 80k.

For my own reference.

Gold in vault of Wiken City: 14043
---------------------
Gold in other vaults:
Seamoor: 8190, Canopia City: 57687, Bityrn: 64112, Turenyara: 20483, City Of Drelvar: 13285, Fort Huldar: 1460

Return to “Archive Chat”